this made me chuckle:

3b6771564171240f18a8fd21e08afe15.png

Question from across the pond, how has Trump got this far? I thought it started as a joke but it's gone on a bit too long now. Is there a realistic chance that he'll get in?

It even got brought up in Parliament over here to ban him from ever entering the UK.

Question from across the pond, how has Trump got this far? I thought it started as a joke but it's gone on a bit too long now. Is there a realistic chance that he'll get in?

It even got brought up in Parliament over here to ban him from ever entering the UK.

some americans are really uneducated and it's a glaring insight into what's wrong with the republican party, I'm pretty certain he will get the bid but lose the national election

some americans are really uneducated and it's a glaring insight into what's wrong with the republican party, I'm pretty certain he will get the bid but lose the national election

So is it a case of the idiots shouting louder at this stage?

Who should I be cheering for? Clinton or Bernie?

He's got a very good chance.

The problem is there isn't really a good candidate.

There are some other Republican nominees that are much better - but they don't have the push.

The problem with this election is (on both sides) the nominee is not looking like the best candidate but the one most popular for whatever reason.

He's got a very good chance.

The problem is there isn't really a good candidate.

There are some other Republican nominees that are much better - but they don't have the push.

The problem with this election is (on both sides) the nominee is not looking like the best candidate but the one most popular for whatever reason.

Question, what's the benefit for not keeping a president for more than 2 terms? Surely (a bit like in football), having someone at the helm for an extended period of time gives them a chance to build something. Rather than starting again every 8 (I think that's it) years?

Question, what's the benefit for not keeping a president for more than 2 terms? Surely (a bit like in football), having someone at the helm for an extended period of time gives them a chance to build something. Rather than starting again every 8 (I think that's it) years?

I believe there are a lot of reasons they decided against it. I think for one its out of respect to Washington who only stayed for 2 terms.

One of the big reasons America was formed was to get away from the rule of the king in Britain - who has a long reign. They didn't like/want that in the new country.

EDIT

To add,

FDR was the only president who stayed in for 3 and was starting his 4th when he died.

And then this was added to the constitution.

"In 1947, President Harry S. Truman proposed the Hoover Commission which recommended that no president be allowed to serve more than two terms. One of the reasons for such a proposal was that many people felt that allowing more than two terms would lead to a sort of monarchy. So many lives were lost and so much time and effort were spent fighting in the Revolutionary War to get rid of the monarchy, that the people certainly did not want to revert back to those days.

As a result of that proposal, the Twenty-Second Amendment to the Constitution was formed limiting the number of terms that the president may serve to two. The amendment was passed by Congress on March 21, 1947, and was ratified on February 27, 1951."

I believe there are a lot of reasons they decided against it. I think for one its out of respect to Washington who only stayed for 2 terms.

One of the big reasons America was formed was to get away from the rule of the king in Britain - who has a long reign. They didn't like/want that in the new country.

EDIT

To add,

FDR was the only president who stayed in for 3 and was starting his 4th when he died.

And then this was added to the constitution.

"In 1947, President Harry S. Truman proposed the Hoover Commission which recommended that no president be allowed to serve more than two terms. One of the reasons for such a proposal was that many people felt that allowing more than two terms would lead to a sort of monarchy. So many lives were lost and so much time and effort were spent fighting in the Revolutionary War to get rid of the monarchy, that the people certainly did not want to revert back to those days.

As a result of that proposal, the Twenty-Second Amendment to the Constitution was formed limiting the number of terms that the president may serve to two. The amendment was passed by Congress on March 21, 1947, and was ratified on February 27, 1951."

I'm learning stuff today! Makes sense I suppose, just seems a shame when (from an outsider point of view), you've got a good president in place now and he's got to be replaced by one of a few that don't seem to match up.

So is it a case of the idiots shouting louder at this stage?

Who should I be cheering for? Clinton or Bernie?

In all honesty there is not a single candidate I feel confident voting for at this point. For a long time I had hoped that Al Gore would step in and be like, "Listen turds. I'm going to be president now." but that never happened.

In all honesty there is not a single candidate I feel confident voting for at this point. For a long time I had hoped that Al Gore would step in and be like, "Listen turds. I'm going to be president now." but that never happened.

He's too busy chasing that ManBearPig.

If a lot of people feel like that though, surely that just gives even more chance to the passionate idiots supporting Trump?

I'm learning stuff today! Makes sense I suppose, just seems a shame when (from an outsider point of view), you've got a good president in place now and he's got to be replaced by one of a few that don't seem to match up.

Good president is an opinion.

A lot of people do not like Obama.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic