It was going to be North Carolina but now it's going to be either SF or Boston. Both are expensive but really fun places

Allow me to sing the praises of my city for a minute: Manchester, NH is only about 50 miles away from Boston, a quick and painless drive right down I-93...and cost of living here is right around half of what it is there. Job market is fairly solid, not great, but solid. Depending on what you're looking to do for work, there are plenty of people who live in Manchester and commute to Boston because even with the drive, it's cheaper than living in Boston. Plus, we have no sales tax, and no state income tax!

Obviously we can't compete with Boston for the whole "city living experience" but if housing costs make Boston a no-go, we're worth considering.

Just sitting at work asking myself why I bother even coming in anymore, and why I don't just walk out the door right now. Frustrations are boiling over after seeing last months stats. Must be nice to get paid to do nothing.

Allow me to sing the praises of my city for a minute: Manchester, NH is only about 50 miles away from Boston, a quick and painless drive right down I-93...and cost of living here is right around half of what it is there. Job market is fairly solid, not great, but solid. Depending on what you're looking to do for work, there are plenty of people who live in Manchester and commute to Boston because even with the drive, it's cheaper than living in Boston. Plus, we have no sales tax, and no state income tax!

Obviously we can't compete with Boston for the whole "city living experience" but if housing costs make Boston a no-go, we're worth considering.

That would be so ideal IMO

Also, morning everyone. It's Friday...which means tomorrow I get my tattoo finished. How y'all doing?

Doing well, and yourself? Sweet, tattoo of what? Do you have pictures posted on this site somewhere?

Just sitting at work asking myself why I bother even coming in anymore, and why I don't just walk out the door right now. Frustrations are boiling over after seeing last months stats. Must be nice to get paid to do nothing.

What do you do exactly?

I need to order the Clip+ and a 32gb microsd card or two today. The Piston's already shipped, so should have my portable set-up done soon.

What player would you recommend? if it costs almost as much to get something new as it would to replace my hard drive I may just get a new player. I know Matt likes the iBasso, but what's your choice? I'll compare the two and shop around myself a bit.

What player would you recommend? if it costs almost as much to get something new as it would to replace my hard drive I may just get a new player. I know Matt likes the iBasso, but what's your choice? I'll compare the two and shop around myself a bit.

Depends on what you want. The iBasso Matt has, can play pretty much any format and any resolution file you toss at it. I'm just getting a used Sansa Clip+, since I'll only be using it for working out and traveling, so I don't need anything special. I'll just be listening to 320 files.

The Sansa Clip+ is fairly cheap, $40 used on ebay for a 8gb model, and can be expanded to 40gb with a 32gb microsd card.

You can also do what Jared is doing, and toss a SSD in your ipod (if you model allows it).

Depends on what you want. The iBasso Matt has, can play pretty much any format and any resolution file you toss at it. I'm just getting a used Sansa Clip+, since I'll only be using it for working out and traveling, so I don't need anything special. I'll just be listening to 320 files.

The Sansa Clip+ is fairly cheap, $40 used on ebay for a 8gb model, and can be expanded to 40gb with a 32gb microsd card.

You can also do what Jared is doing, and toss a SSD in your ipod (if you model allows it).

Having trouble finding info about that, but I'll talk to Jared. I was hoping to keep at least my 160GB of storage because I used almost all of it

This sounds amazing. I never even considered the area. My current roommates are the ones moving to Boston for their work so we would all split rent so living could potentially be affordable. I couldn't see myself permanently living in Boston so the place you described sounds perfect !

If I can give you any advice about both places (I am from the Boston area and my brother and a bunch of my friends live in SF) make sure you have a job before moving to either place. The job market blows and the cost of living is really high. A ton of people come here (Boston) and wash out really quick and end up leaving.

I'm about 95% sure I would be moving with a stable job. I have about 5 months of living expenses saved up so there is a big cushion for me to live on if the job falls through. It's so scary though. Oklahoma is where all my family is and it's so cheap living here so living on the streets is never something that I even think of

Having trouble finding info about that, but I'll talk to Jared. I was hoping to keep at least my 160GB of storage because I used almost all of it

SanDisk Sansa Clip 8 GB MP3 Player Black SDMX18 $39.98

SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC $12.52

Original Xiaomi Piston 3 $12.87

Not a bad set-up for ~$65 (a bit more with shipping). The Pistons are supposed to sound amazing, and the Clip+ is a really nice DAP. You can always buy a few cards to get to your 160gb for cheaper than a SSD.

Edit: Same SDCard is $17.99 at Staples, which is cheaper than Amazon if yo have to pay for shipping (like me, so I'll go pick one up tomorrow).

Doing well, and yourself? Sweet, tattoo of what? Do you have pictures posted on this site somewhere?

No pictures yet, I'm waiting until after tomorrow when I get it all colored. It's a pretty big piece on my upper arm though, of a new style locomotive but done up kind of old school style. I'll post a picture tomorrow!

Also, I got another poem published today. Wrote it using only words that appear in the official lyrics to Sunbather. Here's a link if anyone wants to read it:

https://sundoglit.com/james/

Why the hell am I suddenly getting emails for SRC? I have not order from them in 5-6 years at least. Emails started yesterday.

Wow, a job recruiter just emailed me a job and said "do you know anyone who might be interested in this, have them contact me." Not "Are you interested.." What an asshole.

SanDisk Sansa Clip 8 GB MP3 Player Black SDMX18 $39.98

SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC $12.52

Original Xiaomi Piston 3 $12.87

Not a bad set-up for ~$65 (a bit more with shipping). The Pistons are supposed to sound amazing, and the Clip+ is a really nice DAP. You can always buy a few cards to get to your 160gb for cheaper than a SSD.

Edit: Same SDCard is $17.99 at Staples, which is cheaper than Amazon if yo have to pay for shipping (like me, so I'll go pick one up tomorrow).

I keep seeing it is expandable, but no max.. do you know if 32gb is the max?

I keep seeing it is expandable, but no max.. do you know if 32gb is the max?

I've seen people say that 64gb works, but it seems to be hit or miss. 32gb was the largest card when the player came out, so it should work the best. I don't know if using Rockbox firmware would expand it or not.

Edit: All cards need to be formatted to FAT32.

Edit 2: He seems to have gotten 128gb to work... http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/A-128Gb-SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-UHS-1-card-30-mb-s-Works-with-my/td-p/331277

Edit 3: File limit of 5000-8000 files on stock firmware, no limit with rockbox. Seems any size card will work. I might grab a 128gb and try it out once it shows up.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic