I hate finishing a test first because then I sit there and question my knowledge because I can't possibly know it better than everyone else (or at least that's what I end up thinking...). Totally just finished a math test 10 minutes before anyone else

This girl that was an accounting major along with me, would finish tests 20 minutes before everyone else. Likefrom our very first accounting class to our senior year, consistently. And she had a 4.0, so you shouldn't read too much into it.

I hate finishing a test first because then I sit there and question my knowledge because I can't possibly know it better than everyone else (or at least that's what I end up thinking...). Totally just finished a math test 10 minutes before anyone else

I just napped, and didn't care. You know it or you don't, going back over it a ton might help catch a mistake or two, but that's it.

Just got a call from the dealership - I got approved for the car I was looking at. Zero down, my monthly payment only goes up $14, and on Friday, I'll have a 3 year old car with 4500 miles on it, instead of an 8 year old car with 132000. And I got a hell of a good rate too - went from paying 10.4% interest on my old loan to 3.7%

Apparently, deciding to be an adult and repair my bad credit three years ago, rather than ignoring it paid off.

That's awesome!! Congrats.

I just napped, and didn't care. You know it or you don't, going back over it a ton might help catch a mistake or two, but that's it.

The teacher gave us a giant area to work too and it makes me think I am supposed to fill it and am doing something wrong if I don't. I know math and am good at math, but any time that happens it stresses me out.

This, all damn day. I remember when I was in school this happened to me a lot and I always stressed out over being done with a test before anyone else...if I had it to do over again, I SO would have just napped and said fuck 'em.

This, all damn day. I remember when I was in school this happened to me a lot and I always stressed out over being done with a test before anyone else...if I had it to do over again, I SO would have just napped and said fuck 'em.

Maybe I will just take a nap. I've been up late all week. Ended up later than I intended last night because I got Steins;Gate in the mail. I really love the Vita TV thing. Definitely one of the better $30 I have spent. Bummer it won't run the first Hatsune Miku rhythm game because even though I don't really enjoy the music it's a pretty fun music game and hard as hell. Maybe I'll pick up a PS3 again if I can find one cheap to play that again. My friend and I used to have a lot of fun with it

I need my damn state tax return to show up, so I can get car work done. I need a few, but think I'm only going to go with tires and alignment this month, then the new O2 sensor next month. Might need tie-rods and my left ball-joint replace soon too :(.

Damn cars...

I need my damn state tax return to show up, so I can get car work done. I need a few, but think I'm only going to go with tires and alignment this month, then the new O2 sensor next month. Might need tie-rods and my left ball-joint replace soon too :(.

Damn cars...

Damn cars is right. Last year, the first month I had it paid off, the AC started blowing hot air, $600 it cost me.

To be honest ( and not to bash some teachers, I know some used to post here) I have not retained much from High School. I feel like beyond basic life skills, it's a giant waste. You will have your intelligence level ranked on how well you remember useless facts that will hold no bearing in "real life".

To be honest ( and not to bash some teachers, I know some used to post here) I have not retained much from High School. I feel like beyond basic life skills, it's a giant waste. You will have your intelligence level ranked on how well you remember useless facts that will hold no bearing in "real life".

That continues through the first 2 years of college I feel like too, it's not until you start getting into your major course work, that you start to learn useful stuff given you get a job in your major field

When I was in High School it wasn't cool to be punk. I was called a fag everyday and pretty much didn't hang out with anyone I went to school with. I was thrilled for it to be over.

So was I, I lived in redneckville, Arkansas and didn't hunt, wear camo, or hate black people so I was an outcast.

Pretty convinced my high school gives you too much stuff to worry about so you do learn life skills

1) how to cheat to get ahead

2) how to get the maximum output for the minimum effort input

because that's all I am taking away from it. I can fucking kill it on SAT style tests with next to no effort and if I can bullshit some semi compitent grades and test into the 90th+ percentile on the SAT (on the PSAT I was 91st overall, but I forgot my calculator at home and had to entirely bullshit the math part so it should be significantly higher next time) I am pretty much set to get at least some money to go to pretty much any college other than the incredibly selective ones.

so humble

I mean, it is what it is. I wasn't trying to brag, I just have always been good at that kind of test and really mediocre the rest of the year. But yeah, on any kind of test like that I usually hit mid 90th percentile at least. Just meant it more to mean that I am pretty good at half assing stuff and still getting results.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic