I never got the appeal of wasting money on a stereo in a car, but then again I'm not in a car all day long. I'd rather put that money into my home stereo. Might help my car did come with a decent stock system.

Hell, I am in my car for huge chunks of my day, and I don't see the appeal of blowing thousands of dollars on a car system. My stock speakers + iPod connectivity are good enough, and the money I don't spend on some Crutchfield nonsense I can spend on my home system.

Also, +1 for the "Wear Your Damn Seatbelt" club. Years ago, I planted the hood ornament of my car into an oak tree at abut 45mph thanks to a sudden and catastrophic brake failure...first responders confirmed that almost certainly would have been fatal without seatbelts, especially because I was in a car that predated airbags.

Always wear your seat belt. Seriously, it's fucking dumb not to. You don't get cool points for not.

I've been in a major accident (God damn deer). If I wasn't wearing my seat belt I would have gotten some major injuries, and that just equals a fuck ton of hospital bills.

Think of it this way: less hospital bills equals more records.

I bought a Ford Focus some years back and it was the first car I owned that made a noise if you didn't wear the belts, so that finally did the proverbial "Pavlov's Dog" conditioning to me to wear my belt every single time. If I hadn't been wearing mine when I hit that tree head on in December after seizing at the wheel, I would most certainly be dead instead of still getting over it now... Wearing that belt hurts for sure, but being dead just blows 

Edit: Problem being when I was delivering pizzas still the weight of them would trigger the alarm in the passenger seat so I always had to "buckle the pizza up" as well

Well that was weird. As I was leaving work, and walking on the bridge across the road, my body suddenly felt really heavy and my head felt dizzy out of no where. I then sorta lost my balance and almost fell over, but just side stepped a few times. It was really bizarre. I've had really bad brain fog all afternoon, so that could be the cause, or I'm dying. It's kinda scary, and now I'm all anxious.

Well that was weird. As I was leaving work, and walking on the bridge across the road, my body suddenly felt really heavy and my head felt dizzy out of no where. I then sorta lost my balance and almost fell over, but just side stepped a few times. It was really bizarre. I've had really bad brain fog all afternoon, so that could be the cause, or I'm dying. It's kinda scary, and now I'm all anxious.

It's not a tumor

Hope it's nothing. It hasn't happened lately but, at times when I would be working out and in the process of lifting weight, I would get a sharp pain from the top of my head down the left side of my body and I would immediately drop the weight. I've always wondered what it could be.

It's been a tired day for this guy.

Show late last night, and work your early shift today?

I need to do dishes too, but I'm lazy. I should go to be early, since I've been barely sleeping/sleeping like shit all week.

Show late last night, and work your early shift today?

Working that obscene 5am shift again?

Yuppp. I left a little before IIOI wrapped up and I still got home around 1. I don't think he started until close to 11. Played for damn near 2 hours. It was great. And totally worth it. But when that alarm went off at 4am I really wanted to hurt something.

Yuppp. I left a little before IIOI wrapped up and I still got home around 1. I don't think he started until close to 11. Played for damn near 2 hours. It was great. And totally worth it. But when that alarm went off at 4am I really wanted to hurt something.

Definitely one of those memories that will warm as the years go on and you forget how fucking tired you were that next morning

Exactly. And I was lucky enough to grab a tour press of Standards. Probably the main reason I wanted to go haha.

Nice! I can't wait for that show. I'll go alone if I have to.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic