https://www.discogs.com/Various-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture-Untitled-Almost-Famous-Soundtrack/release/2419144

Granted, it is something of a rarity, and does come with some cool shit included, but $600+? Really? The fuck ever...

"Limited edition release with over 500 pieces of collectable memorabilia from the film set itself randomly distributed in the packaging. Cameron Crowe personally autographed 25 LPs that will be distributed at random."

The median is half that, so much the seller for doing $600.

Also, Halo 2 thinks he is funny trolling:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6007904?ev=rb

Also, Halo 2 thinks he is funny trolling:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6007904?ev=rb

its not like any stupid price gouging by some special needs kid could actually spark my temper, but in regards to everything he has ever said and done on here: fuck this guy.

its not like any stupid price gouging by some special needs kid could actually spark my temper, but in regards to everything he has ever said and done on here: fuck this guy.

It's just funny that he thinks it will upset people. Or he may be so dumb that he thinks it'll sell. I'm just over here shaking my head.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture-Untitled-Almost-Famous-Soundtrack/release/2419144

Granted, it is something of a rarity, and does come with some cool shit included, but $600+? Really? The fuck ever...

"Limited edition release with over 500 pieces of collectable memorabilia from the film set itself randomly distributed in the packaging. Cameron Crowe personally autographed 25 LPs that will be distributed at random."

We have the same white whale my friend. I can't believe what it goes for. One day...!

Why don't you go new since you're not having luck with old refurbished units. Get a simplified receiver with no bells and whistles so it focuses on sound. Pretty much everything under $300 will power your Polks just fine. Look at open boxes and save a bit while you're at it. Shit, I actually have a basic amp you can buy from me if you want, for cheap.

Sherwood RX-4109, built in phono, 200w. Simple and gets the job done.

x4WhqEY.jpg

Do I need a separate preamp? I've been using on board so far. What would you want on it? Thanks for the help.

Speaking of which, New kid started at work today and my coworker and I were talking about the BTBAM show. New kid is super I to hardcore and he just kept naming bands and I'd be like "Yup, saw them. Yup, them too. Saw those dudes like 10 times. Oh I saw them with Converge" and blew his mind.

One day I will do this to someone.

I saw a Red Chord shirt at Underøath last night.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to get a third job...I'm the only one in my house who works so I may need to get some extra cash going for food n' stuff.

Last thing you need is to burn yourself out then. Are the two you have both part-time or are you doing a full shift and a night one?

Haha, no worries, dude. I did the same thing this morning replying to a text.

So how do you think it'd be to ship that and how do you think it'd compare to to my Marantz 2225 or the SX-780? I guess I've been doing vintage because that's where I've started and it looks/feels more substantial plus I don't know much about new gear other than most of it is built for theaters now

So how do you think it'd be to ship that and how do you think it'd compare to to my Marantz 2225 or the SX-780? I guess I've been doing vintage because that's where I've started and it looks/feels more substantial plus I don't know much about new gear other than most of it is built for theaters now

Output is the same. This guy is ten years old, so old enough to where I know everything works great, and not too old where you are going to have to repair anything. I like it, and I'm a fan of Marantz, too. The sound is there, and in line with the lower end Marantz units, but for a fraction of the price. Marantz units are over priced these days because of the name. You're paying for the name. Same with those Pioneers. Ever since the vinyl rebirth, all the vintage is way over priced. A couple years ago you could get that Pioneer for less than $100.

Shipping would probably be around $25. Up to you, dude. $75 for something you know that works verse ~$300 for something you might need to work on. That's why I always stay away from vintage cause you just never know what you;re going to find and end up fixing. It's up to you. No worries if you don't. Just throwing it out there, cause it's a good unit and it'll save you some cash. You can always sell it down the road when you want to upgrade.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic