I believe someone 'round here mentioned the The Claypool Lennon Delirium record...Ryan, perhaps?...and just fuck...listened to it tonight and maybe cuz I'm a bit drunk at home and all, but goddamn this is a trippy-ass groovy-as-fuck record. It's all the weirdness expected from Claypool and then some and Lennon's legacy wanting to break away from father's enduring...well...leagacy...

Bottom line...it's fuckin' weird & awesome music for all of the awesomely fuckin' weirdos!

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I believe someone 'round here mentioned the The Claypool Lennon Delirium record...Ryan, perhaps?...and just fuck...listened to it tonight and maybe cuz I'm a bit drunk at home and all, but goddamn this is a trippy-ass groovy-as-fuck record. It's all the weirdness expected from Claypool and then some and Lennon's legacy wanting to break away from father's enduring...well...leagacy...

Bottom line...it's fuckin' weird & awesome music for all of the awesomely fuckin' weirdos!

Yuuuup. Agreed, can't wait to spin that bad boy.

Just spent 2 hours trying to solve my daughters rubiks cube with the help of youtube videos but nope. I do understand it better, and can make any side I want whatever color but after that I get lost. I can make the "daisy" or "white cross" no problem but dammit

4 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I guess that whole staying up to fix my sleep pattern caught up with me. So I woke up at 10pm and haven't gone to bed. I wonder when I'll get tired again. 

I spent most of my 20s with the most fucked up sleep schedules. I know how much that shit sucks. I spent a few months sleeping from like 10am to 10pm. Sometimes I'd try to stay awake and fix it, but I'd end up passing out in the afternoon and waking up in the middle of the night. Irregular sleep like that can definitely exacerbate depression.

I wish I had some advice on how to fix it. The problem is you can't really make yourself fall asleep. 

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I miss my 4am to noon sleep schedule so much. I just don't feel like myself on a "normal" schedule. I've been a night person my entire life, so being up in the morning sucks. My body adjusted, but my brain does not like it.

I've got 7 days left of this bullshit schedule then I get to readjust my sleep finally. I'll be 9-6 once I switch stores. So happy about that. 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I spent most of my 20s with the most fucked up sleep schedules. I know how much that shit sucks. I spent a few months sleeping from like 10am to 10pm. Sometimes I'd try to stay awake and fix it, but I'd end up passing out in the afternoon and waking up in the middle of the night. Irregular sleep like that can definitely exacerbate depression.

I wish I had some advice on how to fix it. The problem is you can't really make yourself fall asleep. 

Yeah, same here. I just try to stay up a few hours each day to finally get it back to a more appropriate time frame. I'll always have lack luster / unfulfilling sleep, but I could at least have it be at somewhat normal hours. Haha.

19 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I've got 7 days left of this bullshit schedule then I get to readjust my sleep finally. I'll be 9-6 once I switch stores. So happy about that. 

Nice, that's awesome. Those 5am shifts seems terrible.

15 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, same here. I just try to stay up a few hours each day to finally get it back to a more appropriate time frame. I'll always have lack luster / unfulfilling sleep, but I could at least have it be at somewhat normal hours. Haha.

Yeah, my sleep is the same. It took me forever to force my body to change from the 4-noon to what it is now. Forcing your sleep schedule to change is the worst.

13 hours ago, jhulud said:

Vinyl addict down voted this...wtf is going on people. Petty

Finally seeing The Cure last night was awesome. I've wanted to see them forever. They played for three solid hours and it was all incredible. The woman next to me brought her seven year old daughter and she was super cool. She sang along to almost every song they played, even some super deep cuts that I didn't know. I wish my parents were cool enough to take me to see the Cure when I was her age.

6 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

Finally seeing The Cure last night was awesome. I've wanted to see them forever. They played for three solid hours and it was all incredible. The woman next to me brought her seven year old daughter and she was super cool. She sang along to almost every song they played, even some super deep cuts that I didn't know. I wish my parents were cool enough to take me to see the Cure when I was her age.

I wish my parents were that cool too. I'm sure jealous, I want to see the Cure :(.

Technics SL-D2 on CL for $50, debating grabbing it as a back-up table.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I wish my parents were that cool too. I'm sure jealous, I want to see the Cure :(.

Technics SL-D2 on CL for $50, debating grabbing it as a back-up table.

It was awesome. They even brought Converge on stage to play Disintegration.

(just kidding, Bruce)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic