3 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Doesn't the number of pixels have something to do with it though? The album cover I used was 1800x1800 and I have some text below it. Isn't DPI a printing thing?

Dpi is dots per inch or something. It's a resolution thing. I use 600 when I scan studfstuff

5 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Doesn't the number of pixels have something to do with it though? The album cover I used was 1800x1800 and I have some text below it. Isn't DPI a printing thing?

I mean, there are multiple factors involved with every print job. The size and resolution of the original photo, the DPI you're printing / designing in, the size you're printing at. I mean, I can take a 1800x1800 photo and print it, and it can be shit. Just cause it's big doesn't mean the resolution is any good. Print the original to scale and see if it's any good, then go from there. The source needs to be good. If you're doing straight design work, use a 300dpi file, and you'll be good.

150 dpi should be sufficient for most digital print work. Matt is correct that 300 is the standard but if you have assets that you want to use but are too small at 300 you can cut that number in half pretty safely as long as you going offset. Which you aren't. 

If you PM me a link I will open it in PS and tell you if necessary. 

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Fucking Amazon. I tried to check the shipping price on something, and when it asked me if I wanted to sign up for prime, I thought I clicked no... but they switch the spot so I signed up. Not I have $106 in limbo while it cancels.

Give me your email. I'll add you to my friends list on my prime account to share it with you. 

Grabbed a couple beers before Popstar because there's a bar across from the theater in the mall. Closed out my tab before finishing my 2nd beer so I sat there for a bit. Happened to notice the couple next to me's receipt after they left. Their bill was double mine and their tip half of what I left. I always feel bad not tipping more than I do and then I see shit like that and remember most people are assholes.

Popstar is pretty funny though. Not as funny as Hot Rod, but what could be? Sadly there were more people in the theater when I saw Hot Rod and like no one went to see that movie. I was hoping it'd make more money and those guys would get to do way more shit.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Grabbed a couple beers before Popstar because there's a bar across from the theater in the mall. Closed out my tab before finishing my 2nd beer so I sat there for a bit. Happened to notice the couple next to me's receipt after they left. Their bill was double mine and their tip half of what I left. I always feel bad not tipping more than I do and then I see shit like that and remember most people are assholes.

Popstar is pretty funny though. Not as funny as Hot Rod, but what could be? Sadly there were more people in the theater when I saw Hot Rod and like no one went to see that movie. I was hoping it'd make more money and those guys would get to do way more shit.

So they tipped a dollar...? If you're having beers, more than $1 a beer is a little much, honestly. (I say this as someone who made drinks for tips for a decade.)

Just started filming some videos with my friend for our local bottle shop.  Tonight's was a cooking video with a mango glazed meatloaf which was amazing, and we did a beer review video before for their featured brewery of the month.  Really cool having some stuff to break up the daily grind and do some creative work and get in front of a camera, although I'm not one for the spotlight.  

One of the best parts: free beer.

Edited by Sugar Shane

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

So they tipped a dollar...? If you're having beers, more than $1 a beer is a little much, honestly. (I say this as someone who made drinks for tips for a decade.)

$30 tab $2 tip. I tipped $6 on a $20 tab. My intital math was a bit off, but still. I'll never tip less than $5 on a couple drinks and some food.

20-25% is my standard tip, but my bartender was clearly new. She was having a ton of trouble closing me out and I felt bad.

I'll tip fucking 100% on a drink or two if I see someone else at the bar being an asshole to the bartender. I may have too much empathy for people in the service industry.

I was stoned enough that when I bought my ticket and they asked if I had my rewards points card I responded "...oh shit! I totally do..." with legitimate surprise. Like I was surprised I had the thing I always have because it's on my key chain 

I'm out of practice on how to be high in public.

I also look at how busy it is when I consider tip as well.  If it's a slow night, chances are I'm gonna give them more than my regular 20-25% because I know they're not getting it... if they're exceptional, fun or I know them from previous experiences.  I've flipped out on friends for being stingy on tips and am regularly putting in the extra 2-3 bucks to cover for their bullshit because I don't want to show my face after leaving a bad tip with a big group.

I once tipped $40 at a place I knew I'd never go again because my friends girlfriend demanded no one leave a tip. The waiter tripped and spilled a pitcher of water on me. A little bit splashed on her. She threw a fit and said some horrible shit to the waiter. I practically screamed at her that we were going to leave a tip. My girlfriend at the time and my buddy were both cowards and said "Lets just go"

I "forgot" my jacket, went back in and handed the guy the money and said "That girl is the worst. She had no right to be angry and shitty to you. I'm embarrassed to have been part of that table."

Worked out for me because like 5 years later I owed my buddy some money for weed and I was like "Hey remember that time..."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic