The job posting to replace the opening from the kid they gave another job over me says permanent position. I wonder what that means, since they keep telling us this job will be gone once the system is gone?

I've been updating my resume and applying like crazy. I wonder if adding in that I'm the department trainer would matter or not? It seems a bit silly, but I guess it shows they trust me enough to do it so other jobs might like it.

20 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

The job posting to replace the opening from the kid they gave another job over me says permanent position. I wonder what that means, since they keep telling us this job will be gone once the system is gone?

I've been updating my resume and applying like crazy. I wonder if adding in that I'm the department trainer would matter or not? It seems a bit silly, but I guess it shows they trust me enough to do it so other jobs might like it.

I can't imagine it'd hurt. When I was filling out applications I came up with some pretty dumb shit to fill space that I was required to fill. It isn't like that's an underwater basket weaving degree or something and it sounds nice on paper regardless of how much work it actually is for you.

3 hours ago, jhook said:

I am 34 today, booooooooo.

Happy Birthday old man... I'm only a few years behind.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Pretty much any birthday after 30 probably feels this way. I'll see next year.

Yup. Turning 30 was weird, now it's all downhill from here.

John and Brian, I just came across this article about Portland. How true is it to transplant to the city?

http://www.articlecats.com/index.php/dont-move-portland-worst/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

24 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Happy Birthday old man... I'm only a few years behind.

Yup. Turning 30 was weird, now it's all downhill from here.

John and Brian, I just came across this article about Portland. How true is it to transplant to the city?

http://www.articlecats.com/index.php/dont-move-portland-worst/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

A lot of it is pretty accurate. There are still "authentically weird" portions of the city, but they're becoming harder to find. I think we got here at just the right time, and snuck in buying our house just under the wire. That said, if you don't mind living out of the city it's much less expensive...but there's more gang violence and tweekers. It's like any other city at this point...except our homelessness problem is getting way out of hand and our police force is about 50% understaffed.

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Interesting. The soaring expense has kinda kept me from looking for jobs out there again.

Morning all.

Yeah, we were paying almost as much for our "1 1/2 bedroom" apartment as we do for our mortgage. If we had been looking to move into a different, comparable apartment I have no doubt we would be paying as much or more than we are now. Shit has gotten unreal.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah, we were paying almost as much for our "1 1/2 bedroom" apartment as we do for our mortgage. If we had been looking to move into a different, comparable apartment I have no doubt we would be paying as much or more than we are now. Shit has gotten unreal.

That's pretty crazy, but I guess not too uncommon. My mortgage is about the same as a studio apartment here, maybe a 1 bedroom in certain areas of town. I'm sure the housing crisis brewing out there will change that soon, and your mortgage will be crazy cheap compared to renting/buying now.

I applied for 10-15 jobs in Omaha last night, since I've been there and know if pretty well. I'll probably go there for a year and see how I like being away from Akron and decide from there. Austin's still in the picture, but the heat here is killing me this year so it might be a really bad idea for me to go there :P. I'm sure I'd get used to it with it being hot all the time there, since it's only hot a few weeks of the year here every few years.

I am still attempting to make it out to Portland in November though. See my friends there and go to the Caspian/Appleseed Cast show.

29 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That's pretty crazy, but I guess not too uncommon. My mortgage is about the same as a studio apartment here, maybe a 1 bedroom in certain areas of town. I'm sure the housing crisis brewing out there will change that soon, and your mortgage will be crazy cheap compared to renting/buying now.

I applied for 10-15 jobs in Omaha last night, since I've been there and know if pretty well. I'll probably go there for a year and see how I like being away from Akron and decide from there. Austin's still in the picture, but the heat here is killing me this year so it might be a really bad idea for me to go there :P. I'm sure I'd get used to it with it being hot all the time there, since it's only hot a few weeks of the year here every few years.

I am still attempting to make it out to Portland in November though. See my friends there and go to the Caspian/Appleseed Cast show.

I think you'll probably like it out here. It's still a really neat city even with the problems it has.

Our floors bathrooms are closed for painting today...which subtracts two bowls for bowels and two urinals.

I added up all the males in this building and it came down to around roughly 70.

i now have to mentally prepare myself to be a 'pro' if you will, because chances are; there will be someone there. I must take advantage of having this spot and take care of business...very similar to throwing a no-hitter or kicking the winning field goal.

I dubbed today "4 cans for 70 asses"

it's disgusting.

The scene can be described like a waiting room in a birth center. Lots of men nervously pacing and waiting.

Edited by abovetheearth

10 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

Our floors bathrooms are closed for painting today...which subtracts two bowls for bowels and two urinals.

I added up all the males in this building and it came down to around roughly 70.

i now have to mentally prepare myself to be a 'pro' if you will, because chances are; there will be someone there. I must take advantage of having this spot and take care of business...very similar to throwing a no-hitter or kicking the winning field goal.

I dubbed today "4 cans for 70 asses"

it's disgusting.

The scene can be described like a waiting room in a birth center. Lots of men nervously pacing and waiting.

Sounds like our bathrooms here. 3 bathrooms per floor, with 2 urinals and 2 toilets per bathroom for about ~300-400 males per floor. It sucks. Good luck my friend.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic