15 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I've heard the name, I think you and Kevin have talked about them before, but I've never heard them. I assume I should?

Actually that's Field Mouse who is a more modern band, really digging them too listened to "Episodic" again yesterday. The Field Mice are a great band from the UK Sarah records label, everything on that label is insanely collectable. Both bands are great but the names are so similar haha

Just now, Thomas³ said:

Haha, didn't even notice that. My brain likes to fill in stuff sometimes, so totally just read it as Field Mouse.

Haha... modern band trips people up.

2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Actually that's Field Mouse who is a more modern band, really digging them too listened to "Episodic" again yesterday. The Field Mice are a great band from the UK Sarah records label, everything on that label is insanely collectable. Both bands are great but the names are so similar haha

Yes! I have been moving through Sarah's discography... the Sugar Gliders, Heavenly, the Orchids... so many good singles

really odd I bought that lush box and I knew Robin Guthrie from Cocteau Twins produced Spooky, but then that import Gun Club record I posted about last week (showed up yesterday and it's great, first spin of the day today) is also produced by him. I looked into it and he didn't produce that much for other people, so I just by chance bought 2 records in the last couple weeks he produced and neither are exactly common.

6 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

really odd I bought that lush box and I knew Robin Guthrie from Cocteau Twins produced Spooky, but then that import Gun Club record I posted about last week (showed up yesterday and it's great, first spin of the day today) is also produced by him. I looked into it and he didn't produce that much for other people, so I just by chance bought 2 records in the last couple weeks he produced and neither are exactly common.

That's one of those totally random coincidences

3 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

That's one of those totally random coincidences

Yeah I got a kick out of it, it was a weird choice for Gun Club. It's certainly their brightest production, but I can see where the alternate recording "Mother Berlin" that just released last year might sound very different

My self control is non-existent, I figured out I was 1 release away from the complete studio discography for the Gun Club and I had to pull the trigger, it's the reissue with a couple bonus tracks. The original is too damn expensive, but I have the final album from the same label and it's well done. Now there is still a bunch of live and some Jeffrey Lee Pierce solo stuff I don't have but hopefully this will keep me satisfied for awhile. There is some pretty in depth history about the band out there and it reading it ended up costing me a lot of money

I feel like i have so much to do after work tonight. I am going to buy a cheap shop vac for my RCM, since mine is too powerful and I need to clean my house since my friend is going to stay with me for a few days while he is in town. Been pretty negligent on cleaning lately, other than the bathroom. My house is not messy, but it's pretty dusty and everything needs swept and vacuumed.

Last night was so weird, but fun. I went to this really small bar I've been meaning to go to cause I see it all the time when I get to my local record shop. I hit up my buddy and we go there. While we're there these two girls walk in. Weird thing was that I matched with one on Tinder, and he matched with the other. What a small world. We ended up back at her (the girl I matched with) place, and drank on the porch talking about Dungeons and Dragons for about three hours. I was pretty damn drunk. 5am rolls around and she passes out. I tell my boy I'll take him wherever he needs to go, but he says he is good, so I head out. The girl texts me this morning and he and his girl are still there. Haha. Love it. I love being a good wingman.

Okay, so I was out earlier playing cards at the game store and decided to stop in a record store I haven't been to in forever on the way home. Didn't see anything I couldn't live without but there's another I hadn't been to before just up the street a couple miles, and I go in and it's fucking glorious. I got a 1969 press of Piper at the Gates of Dawn for $15 and the Death record I have been after for two god damn years (Individual Thought Patterns) for $40. Now I only need their last one to complete my discog. Started feeling shitty on my way home and am now sick in my bed running a fever with a killer headache and can't listen to them. They're taunting me on the other side of the room :c

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic