24 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Even better yet is the songs are covers. Jesus Christ. What a douche. Liquid filled 7" of songs of a cartoon from a video game... covered by some random assholes...for $125.

Right before I made my post here I post on the ETR IG post that this is a "bullshit gimmick used to sell shitty cover songs" and Ross deleted my coment

I've been trying to perfect my burger game and I think it's pretty much there, I made one a day or two and it was one of the best burgers in memory and I made it again with some fancy ass cheddar and it was even better. I used some nice grassfed beef patties, the only seasoning I used was garlic salt and cajun spice. In a iron skillet I grill the patty, some onion, and 2 strips of thick cut bacon on medium high for 5 min per side (YOU ONLY FLIP IT ONCE DON'T FUCKING FLIP IT A BUNCH AND LET ALL THE JUICE OUT). You don't drain any of that shit, you will have a heart attack but you will die happy. On a toasted bun I add sweet baby ray's bbq sauce, some tomato and green chilies (it mixes well with the cajun spice for flavor town). Bon appetite, try this out and tell me it's not delicious

Currently watching this new show on Viceland called Abandoned. Very interesting look at the landscape of America as it's dying away. This episode is about empty shopping malls, and right now they're in Akron at Rolling Acres. Is that the one near you that you were saying they found a homeless person hanging behind not long back @Thomas³? It's really creepy as fuck..

11 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Currently watching this new show on Viceland called Abandoned. Very interesting look at the landscape of America as it's dying away. This episode is about empty shopping malls, and right now they're in Akron at Rolling Acres. Is that the one near you that you were saying they found a homeless person hanging behind not long back @Thomas³? It's really creepy as fuck..

Yeah, it's on my side of town. It was a super cool mall growing up, but it is what it is now. I don't know if they show pictures of the inside, but it look pretty cool all busted, shot up and broken.

Edit: Yup, the one with the homeless guy hanging. The city finally decided lat week to spend the money to tear it down. It went to auction 3-4 times in the last year and had zero bidders. It's too decayed to rehab at this point.

Edited by Thomas³

23 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, it's on my side of town. It was a super cool mall growing up, but it is what it is now. I don't know if they show pictures of the inside, but it look pretty cool all busted, shot up and broken.

They are inside and outside of it. It's a huge empty nothing including all the businesses close to it apparently. Two locals met up with the host to talk about how it affects them to see something so closely related with their lives and childhood memories falling apart and crumbling away... Scary how much of America really is just empty space with empty buildings just sitting and rotting away now...

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

7 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

They are inside and outside of it. It's a huge empty nothing including all the businesses close to it apparently. Two locals met up with the host to talk about how it affects them to see something so closely related with their lives and childhood memories is affected by the way it's fallen apart and crumbling away... Scary how much of America really is just empty space with empty buildings just sitting and rotting away now...

I may have to check it out. The area around it is not as empty as it was when the mall closed. All the old strip malls and stores turned into weird schools and start up businesses. I was up there last week to get my replacement social security card, since they moved the office next door to the mall. It's still super rough up there, there is a huge section 8 apartment complex across the street from it, tons of fast food that comes and goes due to being robbed, a bar that has a shooting or two a week and a strip club that's the same. It's a weird area of town since it is kinda isolated by a hill and a big cemetery before you go into the suburb of Barberton. 

Yeah, any failed city is just turning to urban decay. It's scary, but really cool at the same time. Detroit looks insane in it's abandoned areas.

Edited by Thomas³

9 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I may have to check it out. The area around it is not as empty as it was when the mall closed. All the old strip malls and stores turned into weird schools and start up businesses. I was up there last week to get my replacement social security card, since they moved the office next door to the mall. It's still super rough up there, there is a huge section 8 apartment complex across the street from it, tons of fast food that comes and goes due to being robbed, a bar that has a shooting or two a week and a strip club that's the same. It's a weird area of town since it is kinda isolated by a hill and a big cemetery before you go into the suburb of Barberton. 

Yeah, any failed city is just turning to urban decay. It's scary, but really cool at the same time. Detroit looks insane in it's abandoned areas.

They were showing an empty high rise hotel in the background and the locals were saying as the time went on and it got within it's last five years of being open that you could easily get robbed or have your tires slashed because it had become such a bad area. Sad, but so wondrous all at once...

12 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

They were showing an empty high rise hotel in the background and the locals were saying as the time went on and it got within it's last five years of being open that you could easily get robbed or have your tires slashed because it had become such a bad area. Sad, but so wondrous all at once...

I need to watch it now. There is no hotel close by. I wonder if they embellished a bit and used a hotel from somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I need to watch it now. There is no hotel close by. I wonder if they embellished a bit and used a hotel from somewhere else.

It was when they were standing in the parking lot that one of the locals pointed it out. Pretty good show though. Interesting to watch someone skateboard in all those different empty spaces. Funny to see Kay Bee Toys with weed graffiti inside of it too lol

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

It was when they were standing in the parking lot that one of the locals pointed it out. Pretty good show though. Interesting to watch someone skateboard in all those different empty spaces. Funny to see Kay Bee Toys with weed graffiti inside of it too lol

Just started it, the hotel is by Randell Park Mall which is up by Cleveland. That area is completely dead.The slashing part is about rolling acres is too true. I loved going as a kid because they had cops on horse back that patrolled the lot. The last time I was in there was 05 or 06, when there were maybe 4 stores left and the jc penny outlet. It's not somewhere you went alone, it was as bad as they said then.

13 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Just started it, the hotel is by Randell Park Mall which is up by Cleveland. That area is completely dead.The slashing part is about rolling acres is too true. I loved going as a kid because they had cops on horse back that patrolled the lot. The last time I was in there was 05 or 06, when there were maybe 4 stores left and the jc penny outlet. It's not somewhere you went alone, it was as bad as they said then.

Edit: It seems really odd to me that people get that attached to a mall. I mean it was cool, but I don't have any attachment to it.

Edited by Thomas³

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Power flickered a few times while I was watching thanks to this damn storm so they must have changed to another mall while I was trying to turn the TV back on the 3 or 4 times it cut off. Love this nonstop rain....

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

It's an interesting show non the less. Welcome to my hometown and surrounding areas! See why I want to leave?

If it all looks like that, I can see why. It's disheartening to look around and see a decayed city that you know holds no future for itself, much less you as an individual. I hope you can get to a better place so you can enjoy the fun years you have ahead.

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

If it all looks like that, I can see why. It's disheartening to look around and see a decayed city that you know holds no future for itself, much less you as an individual. I hope you can get to a better place so you can enjoy the fun years you have ahead.

There is plenty of abandon shit around, all the old rubber factories, houses, half the buildings downtown and more. It really is disheartening to see it all, but I am so used to it, it is what it is.

The ghost hunting part of it got really fucking stupid.

8 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I could have done without that scene for sure, but it was freaky that two girls were murdered behind that place too. Crazy how violent your area really is...

Like I said, that area is sorta secluded (as you can see in the pan shots, just woods). Those murders happened there, our "craigslist killer" duped a body there and other stuff. I feel like violence is pretty normal in failed areas like this. When people have no hopes, no jobs, etc, what else can they turn to? Gangs, drugs (in the bad sense), are all normal here. You just get by how you can.

The city has improved a ton in the last decade or two, crime has dropped, but violent crime is still high. A lot of murders, but most are all connected to certain things it seems, it's rare for it to be random.

Good case in point. Tuesday night I was downtown, and we stood out in the middle of downtown until 2 am. 15-20 years ago, no one would go downtown, it was just criminals and homeless. Tuesday it was just a bunch of people playing pokemon go. It is weird. I'd love for the city to make a come back, like people are trying to do, but I just don't see it happening. The art scene is kinda what's holding people together, and bringing people in, but not much else. The last 2 years the North Hill area of town became a refuge for Mongs and other Asians fleeing war an such. It completely changed the area for the better.

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I feel like violence is pretty normal in failed areas like this. When people have no hopes, no jobs, etc, what else can they turn to? Gangs, drugs (in the bad sense), are all normal here. You just get by how you can.

Frustration with a shitty disposition in life often leads people inclined to that behavior right to it. I have been looking forward to that show's premiere for a while now because the concept is really great. I love seeing the reality of how expansion has caused such emptiness...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic