17 minutes ago, deafening said:

I regularly go on 1 - 2 month no-alcohol binges. You got this.

Beer in the summer is one of the greatest things ever, though.

It sure it. But I think beer in the winter is my favorite. I love stouts, porters, barleywines, ect.

Going on a trip to Seattle in the beginning of October so trying to spare my liver until then and give it a little break.

17 minutes ago, deafening said:

I regularly go on 1 - 2 month no-alcohol binges. You got this.

Beer in the summer is one of the greatest things ever, though.

It sure it. But I think beer in the winter is my favorite. I love stouts, porters, barleywines, ect.

Going on a trip to Seattle in the beginning of October so trying to spare my liver until then and give it a little break.

11 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wait, didn't Dom (non-Rez) say he had like a beer or hard cider or something at a party once? Was that their other teen friend that posts here?

Either way, they're all gonna drink like Smirnoff ice/hard ciders orientation weekend their freshman year of college and it's gonna be adorable.

Triple post because fuck it

My co-workers (ages 18-24) invited me out bowling tomorrow. I'm gonna get high and drink at least one of them under the table without even getting drunk. Then I'm going to destroy all of them at bowling. Except the straight edge kid who bowls on a league.

Now that I'm in charge I feel like Amy Pohler in Mean Girls. "I'm not a regular manager. I'm a cool manager *wink*" Better than the manager I had at their age. He'd invite us to parties at his house, which was fun. But he did too much coke and turned into an asshole real quick. 

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Important PSA for the children of small talk:

Don't drink more than 3 Smirnoff Ices/Mikes Hards/Ciders. That sugary shit is easier to drink before you develop a palate/tolerance for beer and liquor, but the sugar is gonna fuck you up. You're gonna get sick quicker and the hangover is a fucker and a half.

Do, however, drink too much whiskey and puke in your dorm's water fountain. That's an experience and hangover that'll put some hair on your chest and is something to be proud of.

(It was Friday on a holiday weekend and the janitor didn't clean the water fountain until Tuesday. I still feel bad about it almost 10 years later)

32 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wait, didn't Dom (non-Rez) say he had like a beer or hard cider or something at a party once? Was that their other teen friend that posts here?

Either way, they're all gonna drink like 3 bud lights orientation weekend their freshman year of college and it's gonna be adorable.

Pretty sure that was Bailey. I guess if you want to be technical I have had a little amaretto when we were making tiramisu but that wasn't to get drunk or anything, that's just because it's sugary shit that tastes like almond extract smells and that is beautiful. 

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Don't drink more than 3 Smirnoff Ices/Mikes Hards/Ciders. That sugary shit is easier to drink before you develop a palate/tolerance for beer and liquor, but the sugar is gonna fuck you up. You're gonna get sick quicker and the hangover is a fucker and a half.

Do, however, drink too much whiskey and puke in your dorm's water fountain. That's an experience and hangover that'll put some hair on your chest and is something to be proud of.

(It was Friday on a holiday weekend and the janitor didn't clean the water fountain until Tuesday. I still feel bad about it almost 10 years later)

Pretty sure Dom and I have a sugar tolerance something fierce. We both kinda do this reverse Atkins thing where you eat as many carbs as you want and limit your fruits and vegetables to an occasional serving. 

Pretty damn excited, just tracked down some card sleeves I have been trying to find for a couple of months for pretty damn fair prices. Plus conversion rate from intl shipping helps too. One was convention exclusive to a couple thousand units, and the other was out of print since early 2010. Both unopened. Hype is real.

8 minutes ago, Holo said:

Pretty sure that was Bailey. I guess if you want to be technical I have had a little amaretto when we were making tiramisu but that wasn't to get drunk or anything, that's just because it's sugary shit that tastes like almond extract smells and that is beautiful. 

Pretty sure Dom and I have a sugar tolerance something fierce. We both kinda do this reverse Atkins thing where you eat as many carbs as you want and limit your fruits and vegetables to an occasional serving. 

Pretty damn excited, just tracked down some card sleeves I have been trying to find for a couple of months for pretty damn fair prices. Plus conversion rate from intl shipping helps too. One was convention exclusive to a couple thousand units, and the other was out of print since early 2010. Both unopened. Hype is real.

Yeah, trust me...sugar tolerance means nothing when it comes to alcoholic beverages.

interesting take on the Smirnoff Ice. the wife and I used to drink a lot. we held our own pretty good. a few months ago we visited family and she had two ices. the next morning she could barely move. hurling. sweating. sick as a dog after two! I'll have to tell her about this unearthing. we had a three hour drive home and it was like I was life fighting a patient having Ebola or something. 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Brilliant story that one!

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I think it's Friday. It has been one hell of a week and am glad that it is soon to be finished. 

Same... training has been something for sure. 3 day weekend again for me, so going catch up on some TV and just do nothing. It's going to be awesome.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Either way, they're all gonna drink like 3 bud lights orientation weekend their freshman year of college and it's gonna be adorable.

I was drinking non-alcoholic cider at a family party when I was 4 or something, mistook a beer for my drink, and spat it out...count that if you will but I don't since I didn't ingest it lol

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was drinking non-alcoholic cider at a family party when I was 4 or something, mistook a beer for my drink, and spat it out...count that if you will but I don't since I didn't ingest it lol

52 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

That sounds awesome T3, I got an unexpected 5 day weekend which is nice due to this nasty cold I got but the circumstances really suck.

Morning all

That sucks. My cold is still sorta lingering, but pretty much gone. A week is too long, but I blame the cigarettes for making it stay longer. Hope you get some rest and feel better. Colds are the worst when it's still hot out, it makes you feel so much worse.

51 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Mr. Robot

You know it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic