16 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Jason, just read that the Omega is the same body as most of the OM line of carts. That means you can grab any OM stylus (OM10 - OM40) and improve your sound without having to buy a new cart. The OM10 is a red, OM20 is blue, etc. You can also buy 3rd party styli, like the JICO OM30, for cheap. 3rd party stylus seem to have longer cantilevers, so you'd need to realign the cart. accordingly. I recommend double checking alignment after a stylus change anyway, but usually official ones should be exactly the same.

JICO OM30 $66, ships from their factory in Japan.

LPGear selection of Ortofon Styli

$17ppd Pfanstiehl stylus people give some praise. Cantilever looks longer, so will needs alignment adjustments. Worth a shot for the price.

I watched some videos on Youtube last night and read up on the difference and such and found out what mass my tonearm is. The one that stuck out for sure was the Super OM 30.  I could tell how much separation there was between Elvis' vocals (the example in said video), and the background singers and band. The Super OM 30 equates to the Bronze from what I read, and it seems the Omega cart is the best weight for my table's arm (12 grams), so I think I'm gonna grab one of those. Shitty thing is they are discontinued now I think, so thanks for the links. I did see a video where one guy has two different OM 20's and one is way louder than the other is, and the cantilever is shorter in the louder one. I couldn't honestly tell much difference between an OM 5 or OM 10, but OM 20 I could hear a difference, but then the 30 just jumped out immediately. 

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I was woken up at 6am by a car crash outside my house, and I can't fall back asleep. There is not even an inch of snow out, so someone must really not know how to drive.

I used to live right beside an intersection of a four way stop light & got woken up endlessly by wrecks. I watched one of my friends wreck there coming to my apartment once while just standing outside lol

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I watched some videos on Youtube last night and read up on the difference and such and found out what mass my tonearm is. The one that stuck out for sure was the Super OM 30.  I could tell how much separation there was between Elvis' vocals (the example in said video), and the background singers and band. The Super OM 30 equates to the Bronze from what I read, and it seems the Omega cart is the best weight for my table's arm (12 grams), so I think I'm gonna grab one of those. Shitty thing is they are discontinued now I think, so thanks for the links. I did see a video where one guy has two different OM 20's and one is way louder than the other is, and the cantilever is shorter in the louder one. I couldn't honestly tell much difference between an OM 5 or OM 10, but OM 20 I could hear a difference, but then the 30 just jumped out immediately. 

I used to live right beside an intersection of a four way stop light & got woken up endlessly by wrecks. I watched one of my friends wreck there coming to my apartment once while just standing outside lol

You have to remember you're losing a lot to youtube compression on those comparison videos too ;)

I live one house off the corner of a busy road, and that's where it happened. People are dumb.

I'm too cheap to buy a snow blower, but I just bought one of the electric shovels (like mini snow blowers). A bit faster than shoveling, and it saves my back. Well worth the $70 so far.

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

You have to remember you're losing a lot to youtube compression on those comparison videos too ;)

This person had lossless files so I downloaded them to listen to. Just found this too:

"The Omega basically is just a renamed OM family model comparable to the OM3E or OM5E, but in grey - so you can use all replacement/upgrade needles for the OMs. Top needle would be the 40, which is on comparable quality level as the 2M Black"

Now to find a stylus and just keep my cart to save $$. Happy me :) 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

11 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

This person had lossless files so I downloaded them to listen to. Just found this too:

"The Omega basically is just a renamed OM family model comparable to the OM3E or OM5E, but in grey - so you can use all replacement/upgrade needles for the OMs. Top needle would be the 40, which is on comparable quality level as the 2M Black"

Now to find a stylus and just keep my cart to save $$. Happy me :) 

There ya go, more money for records. Lossless compares show you it for sure.

3 minutes ago, chkadea said:

A friend recorded this at our old house a few years back. Pretty much sums it up.

Impressive. I was expecting the car to hit the UPS truck.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

There ya go, more money for records. Lossless compares show you it for sure.

It's like $80 less for an OM 30 than a Bronze styli. Comparatively, the OM 40 levels with the black, and the price difference is over $225 less... enough said 

Fuck, my stomach feels like death all of a sudden. There is no way I'm getting sick a second time in two weeks.... I can't miss anymore work. I was supposed to have tomorrow off, but some with "seniority" decided to snag it from me. It's cool, I only do an average of twice his work a month. Fuck that place.

Snow changed to a rain/ice mix, and thankfully it's not freezing rain.

Edited by Thomas³

3 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Fuck, my stomach feels like death all of a sudden. There is no way I'm getting sick a second time in two weeks.... I can't miss anymore work. I was supposed to have tomorrow off, but some with "seniority" decided to snag it from me. It's cool, I only do an average of twice his work a month. Fuck that place.

Snow changed to a rain/ice mix, and thankfully it's not freezing rain.

I feel like you've mentioned stomach issues before, so I may have already said all of this. Do you have any diagnosed gastrointestinal issues or food allergies/sensitivity? If not I'd suggest an elimination diet to try to pinpoint what might be causing your stomach to be pissy.

Of course there are a lot of causes that won't be found by doing that. Stress/anxiety can have a huge impact on your stomach. That's mostly what triggers my GI problems. Well that and almost 3 decades worth of an eating disorder that fucked all my shit up forever.

Stomach issues are the worst because most people won't give a shit and will think you're just being a baby. "Oh you have debilitating stomach pain? Yeah, I've felt nauseated too...big deal"

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I feel like you've mentioned stomach issues before, so I may have already said all of this. Do you have any diagnosed gastrointestinal issues or food allergies/sensitivity? If not I'd suggest an elimination diet to try to pinpoint what might be causing your stomach to be pissy.

Of course there are a lot of causes that won't be found by doing that. Stress/anxiety can have a huge impact on your stomach. That's mostly what triggers my GI problems. Well that and almost 3 decades worth of an eating disorder that fucked all my shit up forever.

Stomach issues are the worst because most people won't give a shit and will think you're just being a baby. "Oh you have debilitating stomach pain? Yeah, I've felt nauseated too...big deal"

I was giving the IBS label, just because they could never find a true answer. My dad has Crohns, so it's always worried me I might.

Totally probably have the flu. Just was a awoken by vomiting, and a really achy body.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I was giving the IBS label, just because they could never find a true answer. My dad has Crohns, so it's always worried me I might.

Totally probably have the flu. Just was a awoken by vomiting, and a really achy body.

Fuck dude, you can't catch a break.

Going to bed because finals week starts tomorrow, but totally stoked. Was procrastinating and stopped by Zia, stumbled upon three Depeche Mode albums and one from The Cure, all 80s OGs and only paid $40. Only got to listen to the a side of one because I got caught up with something much more important, but I'm hyped either way. They all look really clean too. No seam splits anywhere, not even the inners. 

Happens to me a bit too. My throat is messed up right now, I think from stress and stomach issues. Seems to be reflux plus lump kind of feeling. Be glad when all these interviews are over. 2nd of 4 tomorrow. Back to the east coast this weekend and taking a week to chill. 

Hoping the belly gets back to normal. 

Edited by BuzzersonKillwell

9 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Hope you feel better soon T3. I know we have different health issues, but damn do I feel like you carry them constantly like I do without relent. Be careful driving in that shitty weather too!

Edit: Also, after searching those links you sent me, I basically got what was equal to a 2M Bronze for $219 from LP Gear by getting an OM 30 tip for my cart. I could care less if the tip is black and the body is grey, all I care about is the tones! 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

Yes sir. But that was always goal. I want to be in an environment that challenges me. 

This one is in Seattle. So it's a big move. I still have 2 interviews left at other places so I'll make a final decision around Christmas. Maybe I get more offers and have leverage but I was worried I'd have to do a couple years a lower tier places to get to where I wanted. But this offer is from an amazing agency. 

So I'm kind of hitting a bit of a stretch goal here. 

Good luck, Buzz!

Got everything but the 7" and a few 10" into discogs tonight. Just did a transfer from Recordnerd/ found the right versions etc. I think some stuff might not be on the Recordnerd list though... Gonna have to do a thorough sweep at some point.

7" are going to be a bear and I'm not looking forward to it. I may throw out a bunch.

I also found that my copy of Husker Du - Warehouse is missing! I don't know if I just misplaced it, or if it wandered off, but that was a huge bummer.

23 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Hope you feel better soon T3. I know we have different health issues, but damn do I feel like you carry them constantly like I do without relent. Be careful driving in that shitty weather too!

Edit: Also, after searching those links you sent me, I basically got what was equal to a 2M Bronze for $219 from LP Gear by getting an OM 30 tip for my cart. I could care less if the tip is black and the body is grey, all I care about is the tones! 

I think mine come from work stress, and my anxiety issues. I haven't been on meds for a few months because I don't like my doctor, but have not had time to go see a new one yet.

Nice, enjoy. That OM30 is supposed to be the sweat spot in that line. $219 is not bad, esp. since those smaller styli last a lot longer before needing replaced.

9 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Not that anyone is super invested but I got an offer today from a place im stoked on. 

I worked really, really hard to make this happen and I'm allowing myself to be pumped tonight. 

Congrats!

Sounds like it. I don't get why they thought it'd be a good idea for them to do that. I know why they did it, but it kinda just shows you don't give a shit about the employees here now.

Place I had a phone interview with last week wants an in person interview now. Need to get that set up.

10 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ship with insurance is really the only way. Maybe take pictures before you package it too.

Will do. Some bumblefuck bought my Riot Act for  $175 an hour or two after I listed it and I'm nervous hahaha. Told them the only way I'd ship it was Priority Mail since media would be a shitshow this close to Christmas. Hate the hold they do on funds :/

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic