4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning All

yo! how are things in your world? It's cold here, and my sim card took a crap yesterday, luckily my christmas came early in the form of a new phone. Not really enough time to set it up before work, so I'm dealing with one more day of no cell phone but things will be better soon hah.

Also relistening to Tired Of Tomorrow and I think I'd have liked this album better if the mastering was better. It sounds really dull and lifeless. Not even commenting on the shoegaze qualities, even the drums sound flat. Would have rather paid $25 and had the money go to that than 10 fucking color variants on mediocre pirates press

16 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Also relistening to Tired Of Tomorrow and I think I'd have liked this album better if the mastering was better. It sounds really dull and lifeless. Not even commenting on the shoegaze qualities, even the drums sound flat. Would have rather paid $25 and had the money go to that than 10 fucking color variants on mediocre pirates press

I've never been a fan of Will Yip's production. I still think the album is really enjoyable, but do agree it could have been better produced/mastered.

19 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I've never been a fan of Will Yip's production. I still think the album is really enjoyable, but do agree it could have been better produced/mastered.

see I really do like his production, "Peripheral Vision", "Charmer", "No Coast",  "Floral Green", "White Hot Moon" (which was also dmm at pirates press but I feel like the mastering and/or mix was better and one reason I don't necessarily fault the production on ToT personally)

31 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

see I really do like his production, "Peripheral Vision", "Charmer", "No Coast",  "Floral Green", "White Hot Moon" (which was also dmm at pirates press but I feel like the mastering and/or mix was better and one reason I don't necessarily fault the production on ToT personally)

I don't normally hate it, but something always feels a bit off to me. PV was the best for sure.

So I'm supposed to have an interview on Wednesday, but my job just gave me a $3/hr raise... so I'm kinda conflicted. I hate the job, but that extra cash will help me save and pay stuff off a lot quicker, so I can move a lot quicker (which is still my ultimate goal). New job would start out around what I made before the raise.

Edited by Thomas³

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

yo! how are things in your world? It's cold here, and my sim card took a crap yesterday, luckily my christmas came early in the form of a new phone. Not really enough time to set it up before work, so I'm dealing with one more day of no cell phone but things will be better soon hah.

all is good in the hood...went from 30 degrees to 75...crazy...

and of course the only stereophonics reissue I want is the only one that is $10 more than the others...greaaaaat

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't normally hate it, but something always feels a bit off to me. PV was the best for sure.

So I'm supposed to have an interview on Wednesday, but my job just gave me a $3/hr raise... so I'm kinda conflicted. I hate the job, but that extra cash will help me save and pay stuff off a lot quicker, so I can move a lot quicker (which is still my ultimate goal). New job would start out around what I made before the raise.

Let the new place know about the raise and see if they'd match it. You might be surprised.

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Let the new place know about the raise and see if they'd match it. You might be surprised.

Maybe, but asking for more before my first interview seems a bit odd. I honestly am not expecting to get the job either, since I don't have SQL experience and they really wanted that.

Just happy the raise will help me pay off my last loan in just another 2-3 months. Then time to leave Ohio with 0 debt.

Edited by Thomas³

Morning @GHOSTDRONES @KingTacoMunster @Thomas³ !

How're you fine gentlemen doing today?

I never owned Princess Mononoke, but I have that and Spirited Away on loan from my library right now because I had a hankering to watch something beautiful.

And on that topic, The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness was fantastic as well. Really enjoyed seeing the process Miyazaki and crew go through.

I don't have any miyazaki in my library anymore, but my favorites are Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro probably are my next favorites. But Nausica, Kiki, Ponyo, Castle In The Sky, it's all a good time

I don't have any miyazaki in my library anymore, but my favorites are Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro probably are my next favorites. But Nausica, Kiki, Ponyo, Castle In The Sky, it's all a good time

awesome triple posts, Merry Xmas Kevin just found a copy of Black Flag "Damaged" with the parent sticker for under $30 on discogs. They had it listed under the wrong pressing, and due to how many hours I spent researching that album I know the recuts don't have the sticker. I guess we will see when it arrives.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic