31 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I can't wait for everyone to give up on their New Year's resolutions. The gym has been the fucking worst this week.

I waited 10 minutes for the last machine I use because some girl was sitting there texting. I wasn't trying to be a creep and just stare at her but I swear she didn't do a single rep.

Gotta ask her to move, dude. That's on you if you just let her sit there...

It's definitely my fault that I waited, but it's still rude as hell to do that shit in a crowded gym.

Funny enough, turns out she was still there 45 minutes later when my girlfriend went to work out. She was still just being in the way and not actually working out. My girlfriend tolerates zero shit and kindly asked her to move and the girl was super snotty. My complaint isn't so much that I waited (I just did some extra sets), mostly just that its poor etiquette.

On 1/4/2017 at 0:35 AM, jonrawks said:

New season was pretty much all duds except San Junipero.  Not sure what it was, but something's missing with the Netflix ones.

oooh actually i did skip ahead and just watch that one because it has the girl from Halt and Catch Fire. it was a pretty good episode. loved the concept. also, Halt and Catch Fire is a great show.

This may get to be lengthy post but not so much so to create its own thread and not looking for any pity party sentiments (maybe), but figured I'd post to explain my limited presence around here...if anyone has noticed.

The past few months and well into the new year have not been good. After my father's cancer ordeal...which he thankfully beat after radiation treatments...more and more has been piled on my family and I. My brother has been having his ongoing back issues causing him to be unemployed and barely mobile. My mother had to get knee replacement surgery right before Thanksgiving week and still dealing w/ the pain and physical therapy of it. Not to mention the first few weeks post-surgery and the abrupt changes at home due to it. It all caused so much upheaval that we essentially didn't celebrate any sort of Christmas. We didn't even get a tree! All of that of course deepened my depression so it became tougher than normal to deal with on a daily basis as I normally do.

It disrupted a lot of things in my life. Some of it may have come across in any of my posts on FB and IG if anyone who follows may have noticed.

And now into the new year...we all got hit with the flu. Some harder than others. We had to take my father to the hospital on new year's day as during the night, he fell on his way to the bathroom. Thankfully, he didn't break anything or hurt himself, but it was an indicator of how bad the flu was. Adding insult to injury, while at the hospital, they found some blood in his urine. Of course this was alarming having dealt with the cancer earlier. The hospital half-assed any and all tests for it and still released him without any proper indication on what it could have been and just told him to follow up with his regular doctor and urologist.

And then I'm dealing with a potential injury to my left knee and been back and forth with an orthopedist and MRI's and tests and possible physical therapy.

It's been a terrible few months mentally, emotionally, and physically. What's more disheartening for me is that it constantly feels as it's all hopeless and there is not light at the end of this tunnel. We can't seem to catch any break and I get even more stressed and depressed just pondering all the negatives and people's behaviors and how my brother lacks any sort of real future due to his condition and what will happen when my parents are not around anymore. So much so that I lay awake at night praying to God that he allows me to die in my sleep and get it all over with. But then I get even depressed at how unfair those thoughts are and the pain that my absence as such may cause.

I've been staying busy with work and stressing over silly shit (small scratch on my new phone and deciding to get screen protector now) and all kinds of nonsense.

/Rant

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm sorry Juan, that is a lot to go through all at once. Hopefully you can catch a break sooner, rather than later. Let me know if you need to talk or anything.

im sure a lot of us are here for you Juan if you needed to talk...positive thoughts man

39 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You're in South Carolina? North? 

That'll be a clusterfuck. A light dusting of snow basically shuts down you southern states.

yea, about an hour away from NC. and youre right, small dusting and everyone loses their mind. its crazy, but I don't think it will happen this time. we are going from 65 degrees to 19 at night. its silly

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Do people not pay immediately? This baffles me.

Its really strange to me, you have to send an invoice. They place the order, you send an invoice, they pay. I've gotten two orders in the last two days, the first one still hasn't paid, the second paid within an hour or two of receiving the invoice. I've never sold on Discogs so it makes zero fucking sense to me. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

This may get to be lengthy post but not so much so to create its own thread and not looking for any pity party sentiments (maybe), but figured I'd post to explain my limited presence around here...if anyone has noticed.

The past few months and well into the new year have not been good. After my father's cancer ordeal...which he thankfully beat after radiation treatments...more and more has been piled on my family and I. My brother has been having his ongoing back issues causing him to be unemployed and barely mobile. My mother had to get knee replacement surgery right before Thanksgiving week and still dealing w/ the pain and physical therapy of it. Not to mention the first few weeks post-surgery and the abrupt changes at home due to it. It all caused so much upheaval that we essentially didn't celebrate any sort of Christmas. We didn't even get a tree! All of that of course deepened my depression so it became tougher than normal to deal with on a daily basis as I normally do.

It disrupted a lot of things in my life. Some of it may have come across in any of my posts on FB and IG if anyone who follows may have noticed.

And now into the new year...we all got hit with the flu. Some harder than others. We had to take my father to the hospital on new year's day as during the night, he fell on his way to the bathroom. Thankfully, he didn't break anything or hurt himself, but it was an indicator of how bad the flu was. Adding insult to injury, while at the hospital, they found some blood in his urine. Of course this was alarming having dealt with the cancer earlier. The hospital half-assed any and all tests for it and still released him without any proper indication on what it could have been and just told him to follow up with his regular doctor and urologist.

And then I'm dealing with a potential injury to my left knee and been back and forth with an orthopedist and MRI's and tests and possible physical therapy.

It's been a terrible few months mentally, emotionally, and physically. What's more disheartening for me is that it constantly feels as it's all hopeless and there is not light at the end of this tunnel. We can't seem to catch any break and I get even more stressed and depressed just pondering all the negatives and people's behaviors and how my brother lacks any sort of real future due to his condition and what will happen when my parents are not around anymore. So much so that I lay awake at night praying to God that he allows me to die in my sleep and get it all over with. But then I get even depressed at how unfair those thoughts are and the pain that my absence as such may cause.

I've been staying busy with work and stressing over silly shit (small scratch on my new phone and deciding to get screen protector now) and all kinds of nonsense.

/Rant

Juan, it sounds like you have had a rough go, though your dad beating cancer and your mom making it through her surgery are huge pluses.

Depression for me is like a pendulum that has super long intervals, so I can empathize.

If you ever need to talk to a cranky bastard, hit me up in PMs... talking sometimes helps.

All the power Juan.

12 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Its really strange to me, you have to send an invoice. They place the order, you send an invoice, they pay. I've gotten two orders in the last two days, the first one still hasn't paid, the second paid within an hour or two of receiving the invoice. I've never sold on Discogs so it makes zero fucking sense to me. 

I've always paid as soon as I've gotten the invoice. Always been paid very shortly after sending an invoice.

Like, if you don't have the money right then and there...don't buy it. Even if I didn't want to miss something but had to wait a couple days for my paycheck I'd shoot a message like "Hey, I get paid on Friday, but I've never actually done that.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've always paid as soon as I've gotten the invoice. Always been paid very shortly after sending an invoice.

Like, if you don't have the money right then and there...don't buy it. Even if I didn't want to miss something but had to wait a couple days for my paycheck I'd shoot a message like "Hey, I get paid on Friday, but I've never actually done that.

I've sent two messages since they placed the order. I'm assuming they don't know how to use Discogs at all since they have zero feedback and are buying a Twenty One Pilots 7" for $25. (I bought the 7" for my girl and she didn't like it, don't judge me)

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've had sellers take as many as 10 days to invoice me on discogs... even after a couple of polite, "hey, I will pay as soon as you invoice me", messages.

Morning all. So sorry to hear about the family & personal struggles @jhulud. Keep your chin up and don't forget that some of the most supportive people are the total strangers we make friends with here, and they are great for giving shoulders to lean on brother!

On 1/4/2017 at 1:45 AM, lastvaultboy said:

I'm late to the party on SKM but holy hell some of that stuff is difficult to find! The recent 'new old stock' was a helpful bonus. 

Indeed! I was able to add about 8 pieces to my collection that normally I would have picked up 2 or 3 in the same total price I paid. Aftermarket is insane...

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning everyone...supposedly we may get snow this weekend...lol nope

Milk sammiches!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You're in South Carolina? North? 

That'll be a clusterfuck. A light dusting of snow basically shuts down you southern states.

Look out, it's slightly cold & rainy... Sorry folks, South Carolina is closed....The moose out front should have told you!

45 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I love waiting on discogs customers to pay for the shit they want

What's even better is making a sale then having to cancel it because the Discogs listing is wrong so they have your items listed as something they want but then change their mind... This was my issue two days ago... 

10 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. So sorry to hear about the family & personal struggles @jhulud. Keep your chin up and don't forget that some of the most supportive people are the total strangers we make friends with here, and they are great for giving shoulders to lean on brother!

Indeed! I was able to add about 8 pieces to my collection that normally I would have picked up 2 or 3 in the same total price I paid. Aftermarket is insane...

Milk sammiches!!!!!!!

Look out, it's slightly cold & rainy... Sorry folks, South Carolina is closed....The moose out front should have told you!

What's even better is making a sale then having to cancel it because the Discogs listing is wrong so they have your items listed as something they want but then change their mind... This was my issue two days ago... 

I almost sold a record on discogs like a year ago but after 29 days without receiving the payment, discogs cancelled it themselves I believe.

1 minute ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I almost sold a record on discogs like a year ago but after 29 days without receiving the payment, discogs cancelled it themselves I believe.

Jesus... that is superb slackness right there. Congrats on the little one btw, super cute IG pics :) 

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Jesus... that is superb slackness right there. Congrats on the little one btw, super cute IG pics :) 

Thanks! She's giving me a run for my money but I'm catching up on lots of video games and TV seasons thanks to the sleep embargo. 

3 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

oooh actually i did skip ahead and just watch that one because it has the girl from Halt and Catch Fire. it was a pretty good episode. loved the concept. also, Halt and Catch Fire is a great show.

I think Mackenzie Davis is so wonderful :wub:  Halt and Catch fire is so enjoyable!  The first season was a bit rocky for me, but two and three were real strong start to finish.  Glad that AMC gave it a fourth and final season too!

@jhulud I'm sorry that it hasn't been the easiest of times for you lately Juan :( While it sounds like there were a lot of negatives that have gone on, there were a couple positives - your dad BEAT CANCER! fuck yeah! AND your mum was able to get the help she needed! - even if they may be hard to appreciate right now, understandably. I know telling you to keep your chin up is essentially useless - you're smart and seem to be too hard on yourself to not tell yourself that anyway - but do know that things have to get better, if you keep an optimistic attitude. Find something small, even if it's trivial, that brings you joy, and give yourself a break every now and then. And if that doesn't work, feel free to reach out for a much-needed vent session. <3

I know it's cheesy as fuck to quote a book or whatever, but fuck you, I'm doing it, because it's a beautiful anecdote and you need to hear/read it.

Spoiler

"They say that people who live next to waterfalls don't hear the water. It was terrible at first. We couldn't stand to be in the house for more than a few hours at a time. The first two weeks were filled with nights of intermittent sleep and quarreling for the sake of being heard over the water. We fought so much just to remind ourselves that we were in love, and not in hate. But the next weeks were a little better. It was possible to sleep a few good hours each night and eat in only mild discomfort. [We] still cursed the water, but less frequently, and with less fury. Her attacks on me also quieted. It's your fault, she would say. You wanted to live here. Life continued, as life continues, and time passed, as time passes, and after a little more than two months: Do you hear that? I asked her one of the rare mornings we sat at the table together. Hear it? I put down my coffee and rose from my chair. You hear that thing? What thing? she asked. Exactly! I said, running outside to pump my fist at the waterfall. Exactly! We danced, throwing handfuls of water in the air, hearing nothing at all. We alternated hugs of forgiveness and shouts of human triumph at the water. Who wins the day? Who wins the day, waterfall? We do! We do! And this is what living next to a waterfall is like. Every widow wakes one morning, perhaps after years of pure and unwavering grieving, to realize she slept a good night's sleep and will be able to eat breakfast, and doesn't hear her husband's ghost all the time, but only some of the time. Her grief is replaced with a useful sadness. Every parent who loses a child finds a way to laugh again. The timbre begins to fade. The edge dulls. The hurt lessens. Every love is carved from loss. Mine was. Yours is. Your great-great-great-grandchildren's will be. But we learn to live in that love."

I'll leave you with this to hopefully put a smile on your face.

photoshopped-animals-gyyp-10.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic