Guess I'm taking my turntable in this weekend to pay too much money to get my new cart. aligned. I tried forever and just can't get it right. The damn diamond is too small on it. I had tried to take it in a few weeks ago, but they were closed. Hopefully I can make it to the shop after work, since I get out at 4 and they close at 430.

11 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Guess I'm taking my turntable in this weekend to pay too much money to get my new cart. aligned. I tried forever and just can't get it right. The damn diamond is too small on it. I had tried to take it in a few weeks ago, but they were closed. Hopefully I can make it to the shop after work, since I get out at 4 and they close at 430.

you got a scale? I'd seriously just buy one otherwise a digital one, go to harbor freight or whatever and buy a cheap one. Put the headshell on and when the number hits 1.75 or 2 or whatever it takes you are there. Easiest way, anti-skate shouldn't be too tricky

Slug, Ant and Plain Ole Bill from Atmosphere came in and dug the crates and shot the shit with me and my coworker for like 2 hours. Awesome guys and they cleared out a bunch of obscure jazz, world and soundtracks that had been long sitting. I was a little starstruck I started listening to Atmosphere at age 18. Slug signed a copy of Godlovesugly for the store too. It's days like that I love my job, I went to the show but my feet were screaming, I was alone and I have to open the store this morning so I only got to see Brother Ali's set but it was really good, I saw him about 5 years ago and it wasn't nearly as good of a performance. Wish I had stayed and watched Atmosphere but I just couldn't muster the energy

30 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

you got a scale? I'd seriously just buy one otherwise a digital one, go to harbor freight or whatever and buy a cheap one. Put the headshell on and when the number hits 1.75 or 2 or whatever it takes you are there. Easiest way, anti-skate shouldn't be too tricky

The VTF is easy, I have a Shure scale, it's just aligning it that's hard. The diamond is so small, I can't tell if I have it on the cross hairs of the null points.

12 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I've been using the ones off vinylengine, and one that came with a Shure cart I had. I'll give that one a go tonight, looks like it might be a bit easier since you only have to move the arm. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

I've been using the ones off vinylengine, and one that came with a Shure cart I had. I'll give that one a go tonight, looks like it might be a bit easier since you only have to move the arm. Thanks.

Wish I was better with this stuff, but they still haven't fully trained me on equipment yet. Hope it works out, would hate to see you have to pay to align it

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Wish I was better with this stuff, but they still haven't fully trained me on equipment yet. Hope it works out, would hate to see you have to pay to align it

Same. I can do normal elliptical fine, it's just the profile on the microline stylus is so fine that it has to be perfectly aligned to sound right and not cause wear.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

Slug, Ant and Plain Ole Bill from Atmosphere came in and dug the crates and shot the shit with me and my coworker for like 2 hours. Awesome guys and they cleared out a bunch of obscure jazz, world and soundtracks that had been long sitting. I was a little starstruck I started listening to Atmosphere at age 18. Slug signed a copy of Godlovesugly for the store too. It's days like that I love my job, I went to the show but my feet were screaming, I was alone and I have to open the store this morning so I only got to see Brother Ali's set but it was really good, I saw him about 5 years ago and it wasn't nearly as good of a performance. Wish I had stayed and watched Atmosphere but I just couldn't muster the energy

Having a moment of fan boy jealousy over here..... One Minnesota, Two Minnesota, Three & Atmosphere... So jealous lol

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

40 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

Made it to Seattle !!!!!  It is gorgeous here. Jon what are some local beers you would recommend?  I just ordered the space dust IPA 

So much good stuff!!!  Just going to list breweries that I'd recommend trying something from : Fremont Brewing, Holy Mountain, Georgetown (I'm not a big fan of Manny's, but almost everyone loves it.  You can find it everywhere.  Other stuff is quite good), Boneyard and Fort George Brewing are what came to mind.  You'll find there's no shortage of great breweries here!

34 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

Does anyone like the show People of Earth?  Started that today 

I really liked it.  It has such a dynamite cast!

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

So much good stuff!!!  Just going to list breweries that I'd recommend trying something from : Fremont Brewing, Holy Mountain, Georgetown (I'm not a big fan of Manny's, but almost everyone loves it.  You can find it everywhere.  Other stuff is quite good), Boneyard and Fort George Brewing are what came to mind.  You'll find there's no shortage of great breweries here!

That Fort George Cavatica stout is so delicious.

1 hour ago, The Butcha said:

That sounds super dope.

I haven't taken a "bath" since I've been a kid. I feel like I'm probably missing out.

Maybe a year or so ago I was super sore from doing something stupid (moshing maybe?) and my girlfriend made me a bath with Epsom salts and bubbles. Shit was life changing.

I always make sure I've got a fresh bowl and a cocktail. Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I read, and I recently realized I can use my tablet to watch Netflix. It's some next level relaxation.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

13 hours ago, jonrawks said:

yesss thanks!  I copied that all down and will slowly make my way through some of them.  I went to the Tipsy Cow and was floored by all their choices.  Oklahoma did not have a great selection...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic