2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

My vinyl haul today was ridiculous

yeah like T3 says what did you get? Don't be so mysterious about it haha

I live around uncultured yokels, I got a sealed copy of Belly "King" for like $9 (after my 30% off), it's been sitting since my store opened. I cracked it open and spinning it now. Also finally got the newer reissue of Hendrix AYE? cause it was cheap and my 70s reissue copy looks worse than I remember and I'm scared to put my needle on it

13 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

How did it go with the team T? I just finished my first week at the new place, weird being the new guy. 

Office itself is amazing though. Beautiful. Plus they keep it stocked with food and drink.

luckily they hired 30 of us so I'm in a pack of being the new person.  we are doing classroom training for about 4 weeks and then we split into our teams we got placed on.  I don't think i'm allowed to go into detail but me and two others got placed on the Cortana team and that section seems freakin awesome!  

I'm glad to hear  you had a good first week! Have you done any tourist stuff?  I went to the pike place area and had really good homemade apple cider but I'm sure there is a lot more to be seen.

It sounds like you got a great view from your office! Are you working in Seattle or outside of it? My team is in Bellevue so I'll be working from there soon instead of Redmond. 

we don't get free food but drinks are free. Been drinking lots of weird stuff like coconut water and orange juice in a tiny can and these weird flavored waters. 

Have you been using public transport?  I kept getting lost on it. 

sounds like we both are really diggin this move!B)

So for the last 2 hours my girlfriend and I have been in the living room periodically complaining about our shitty neighbors listening to music way too loud. At a few points we were like "Are they in the fucking hallway right now?"

I went into the bedroom to grab something just now...the music was coming out off our echo dot. We checked the cloud for the audio command that started it. The text was "Echo...play" but the audio was...one of the cats meowing repeatedly for about 5 seconds.

The fucking cat meowed in such a way that the echo activated....and heard "play"

15 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

What'd ya grab?

13 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

yeah like T3 says what did you get? Don't be so mysterious about it haha

Ok, here goes:

LSD and the Search for God - Heaven Is A Place  LP (translucent blue of 200)

The Angels of Light - New Mother 2xLP

The Angels of Light - Everything Is Good Here 2xLP

The Angels of Light - We Are Him 2xLP

RazorCut - Rise Again LP (translucent red)

RazorCut - Common Enemy LP (silver)

RazorCut - Fighting Fit b/w Fighting Fit 7"

Torche - Meanderthal LP (white)

KTL - 2 2xLP

Jodis - Secret House 2xLP (test press... for free!)

Bohren & Der Club of Gore - Piano Nights 2xLP+CD

Mamiffer - Mamiffer CS (#5 of 10)

Iceburn - The Power Of the Lion 2xLP (brown)

Cable - Gutter Queen LP (translucent red)

From Ashes Rise - Rejoice the End 7" (gold)

Sutekh Hexen - Salem 2xLP (clear with smoke of 50)

Have A Nice Life - Voids CS (gold shell)

Planning For Burial - Leaving 2xLP

Motion Sickness of Time Travel - Let-Down CD (of 50)

Give - Electric Flower Cult LP (translucent gold)

Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops LP (St John's Cross)

Isis - Wavering Radiant 2xLP (black and White splatter)

Malady - Malady LP (brown)

Panopticon / Waldgefluster - Split LP (clear with black haze)

Panopticon - Revisions of the Past 2xLP

Daniel Menche - Vilke 2xLP (clear)

10 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Ok, here goes:

LSD and the Search for God - Heaven Is A Place  LP (translucent blue of 200)

The Angels of Light - New Mother 2xLP

The Angels of Light - Everything Is Good Here 2xLP

The Angels of Light - We Are Him 2xLP

RazorCut - Rise Again LP (translucent red)

RazorCut - Common Enemy LP (silver)

RazorCut - Fighting Fit b/w Fighting Fit 7"

Torche - Meanderthal LP (white)

KTL - 2 2xLP

Jodis - Secret House 2xLP (test press... for free!)

Bohren & Der Club of Gore - Piano Nights 2xLP+CD

Mamiffer - Mamiffer CS (#5 of 10)

Iceburn - The Power Of the Lion 2xLP (brown)

Cable - Gutter Queen LP (translucent red)

From Ashes Rise - Rejoice the End 7" (gold)

Sutekh Hexen - Salem 2xLP (clear with smoke of 50)

Have A Nice Life - Voids CS (gold shell)

Planning For Burial - Leaving 2xLP

Motion Sickness of Time Travel - Let-Down CD (of 50)

Give - Electric Flower Cult LP (translucent gold)

Cock Sparrer - Shock Troops LP (St John's Cross)

Isis - Wavering Radiant 2xLP (black and White splatter)

Malady - Malady LP (brown)

Panopticon / Waldgefluster - Split LP (clear with black haze)

Panopticon - Revisions of the Past 2xLP

Daniel Menche - Vilke 2xLP (clear)

Damn a good haul, I wanted to grab that Give this check but I opted to buy replacement inner and outer sleeves instead. Is that one of the pirates press represses of Shock Troops? I grabbed that Camo colored one years ago, love that album.

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Damn a good haul, I wanted to grab that Give this check but I opted to buy replacement inner and outer sleeves instead. Is that one of the pirates press represses of Shock Troops? I grabbed that Camo colored one years ago, love that album.

Yeah it is... the white with red cross version.  Shick Troops is one of the best punk records ever.

This resleeving project is quite the undertaking, even with just 100 inners and 50 outers. Trying to decide what makes priority, since I can't exactly afford to do it all at once I'd need hundreds more of both and I'm sure they exist but I didn't even think about polylined inner 7" sleeves

9 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

This resleeving project is quite the undertaking, even with just 100 inners and 50 outers. Trying to decide what makes priority, since I can't exactly afford to do it all at once I'd need hundreds more of both and I'm sure they exist but I didn't even think about polylined inner 7" sleeves

Haha. I know the feeling. I never buy enough of the nice sleeves so everytime I get a new pack I have to reevaluate my entire collection. Are you good enough for a fancy sleeve? No. No. You are a fine record but I just don't listen to you that much. 

12 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Haha. I know the feeling. I never buy enough of the nice sleeves so everytime I get a new pack I have to reevaluate my entire collection. Are you good enough for a fancy sleeve? No. No. You are a fine record but I just don't listen to you that much. 

yeah I did all my boxsets and then went down the line of most expensive records and favorite artists, got 2 shy from finishing my DJ shadow collection and ran out of inners, I still have some outers but everything is actually sleeved now with some left, so ill rebag some cruddy looking ones with new ones and save the old ones. I have a few records I left unsleeved as a mental note I shouldn't play it on my turntable and I need a nicer copy when I come across it

12 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

yeah I did all my boxsets and then went down the line of most expensive records and favorite artists, got 2 shy from finishing my DJ shadow collection and ran out of inners, I still have some outers but everything is actually sleeved now with some left, so ill rebag some cruddy looking ones with new ones and save the old ones. I have a few records I left unsleeved as a mental note I shouldn't play it on my turntable and I need a nicer copy when I come across it

10 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

luckily they hired 30 of us so I'm in a pack of being the new person.  we are doing classroom training for about 4 weeks and then we split into our teams we got placed on.  I don't think i'm allowed to go into detail but me and two others got placed on the Cortana team and that section seems freakin awesome!  

I'm glad to hear  you had a good first week! Have you done any tourist stuff?  I went to the pike place area and had really good homemade apple cider but I'm sure there is a lot more to be seen.

It sounds like you got a great view from your office! Are you working in Seattle or outside of it? My team is in Bellevue so I'll be working from there soon instead of Redmond. 

we don't get free food but drinks are free. Been drinking lots of weird stuff like coconut water and orange juice in a tiny can and these weird flavored waters. 

Have you been using public transport?  I kept getting lost on it. 

sounds like we both are really diggin this move!B)

Cortana team seems fun. Iteresting work at least. 

We went to the zoo and the children's museum. I'm not sure what is super touristy here outside the space needle or market. Haven't done the needle. Im looking forward to going to Safeco for a Mariners game. 

My office is in Pioneer Square, the deck on the roof looks at the Ferris Wheel pretty much. Maybe a block or two south of that. Public transportation is easy for me since I'm coming from West Seattle. Any WS bus works coming home and any Downtown bus works going in. Takes about 20-30 minutes it seems.

I'm into the move so far.  Not totally in the house yet though. No coffee table, real short on kitchen stuff and missing bedroom furniture. It's coming though. 

7 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

We went to the zoo and the children's museum. I'm not sure what is super touristy here outside the space needle or market. Haven't done the needle. Im looking forward to going to Safeco for a Mariners game. 

My office is in Pioneer Square, the deck on the roof looks at the Ferris Wheel pretty much. Maybe a block or two south of that. Public transportation is easy for me since I'm coming from West Seattle. Any WS bus works coming home and any Downtown bus works going in. Takes about 20-30 minutes it seems.

The aquarium and MoPOP (formerly EMP) fall on the touristy end of the spectrum, but are both worth going to.  Also a dynamite vegan Chinese place by MoPOP.

T - Look into OneBusAway if you haven't (can't remember if I mentioned it before).  It doesn't plan trips for you, but it gives you real accurate bus times and lists/maps stops.  Makes figuring out which bus to take and when you need to leave a lot easier.

Also, there is a cask beer festival at the end of March.  Think that's something you both might be interested in.  It's decently priced and they're a good way to try a ton of local breweries.

10 hours ago, chkadea said:

Hope they turned out well! I literally toss dough daily, so if you need some tips, hit this dago up ;)

Haha, I'll keep that in mind!  I did the NYC style one from here.  My brother said it's the closest to restaurant quality pizza he's made, my hopes are high!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pizza/wiki/recipe/dough

I have a job interview for a studio coordinator position at School of Rock next week. I'm pretty fucking stoked on it. Between the insanely nerdy email I sent the manager/owner, my obsession for music, my work experience, my years of touring, and the fact that a family friend (who works in radio) knows the owner, referred me, and talked me up, my chances are pretty damn good. The gig is my kind of hours, only 25 minutes away, and most importantly revolves around music. For anyone who isn't familiar with School of Rock, it's a music school just like how they do at the end of the movie, but bigger - so it's a music school. Fingers crossed for this, cause it's a job I can do well, somewhere I'd actually want to work, there's room for growth, and most importantly I can talk about music all day long!

This can be my life now:

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic