1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

My weeks are very up or down.  Seems like my plans seem to cluster.  I didn't do a damn thing last week :)

That sounds pretty great to me.

Yeah, it's gonna be cool. Going to visit my grandma in KY at some point for a few days, and I'm getting tattooed one of the days off. Pretty darn excited

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Just started Persona 5, so that'll waste a bunch of my time.

Report back!  I've always been very interested in the Persona series and I finally have a console that plays them and enough spare time to actually play one.

Edit : if you end up in Seattle when you're in the PNW, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for a beer or something.

Edited by jonrawks

41 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Report back!  I've always been very interested in the Persona series and I finally have a console that plays them and enough spare time to actually play one.

Edit : if you end up in Seattle when you're in the PNW, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for a beer or something.

Sounds good. I'm sure I'll be visiting soon

I've always really liked the Persona series. I beat 3, FES and 4. They are easily my favorite jrpg series. The dungeon crawling, the dating sim elements, and story all blend together perfectly. There is so much to do. If you have dungeon crawlers, it won't be for you since all the dungeons are very similar. The stories are always really damn good though. They start slow, but build pretty quickly once they kick off. I'm only about 4 hours into 5, but I'll let you know more once I get further in. With 3, and the FES add-on, I easily put 200 hours into the game. 4 was around 80 hours. They take a while, because there is so much to do.

16 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

No summer plans as of yet. Just working and working on my health stuff (I've been doing a ton better since my thyroid meds dosage was changed). Hoping to make it to Austin and to the PNW before the end of the year.

Just started Persona 5, so that'll waste a bunch of my time.

Thyroid shit is fucking crazy tough to figure out. My girlfriend's thyroid problem is considered "subclinical" and she has to cut the lowest dosage pill in half, but it makes an insane difference.

My summer plans are...nothing. Just work. Went to Thou/Cloud Rat last night and there were like 20 people. Pretty sure the tour had more people between bands/merch. Good show though. I bought too many records. At least most people there seemed to be buying more than one thing at the merch table, so hopefully it was worth it for the bands.

Only thing I've got planned for the rest of summer is seeing John Mulaney in a couple weeks.

Fam shit is all bad, My medication stopped working I've had daily panic attacks, delusions, and all sorts of crazy shit. I decided to taper off, and it's awful: nauseated, weak, tired, not sleeping, hallucinating, missing work, taking the next 3 days off and hoping the withdrawals get better. Oh yeah I also can't quit drinking or I might have a seizure and die, they really wanted me to switch meds cause of how serious my symptoms are but I have zero trust for my psychiatrist, and I can actually kind of feel emotion again so I feel like I need to do this, and just need to keep an eye out and consider ER visits if need be. But yeah hope I don't die, trying to stay positive, a friend is planning to visit me, so having something to look forward to is a huge relief. 

14 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Thyroid shit is fucking crazy tough to figure out. My girlfriend's thyroid problem is considered "subclinical" and she has to cut the lowest dosage pill in half, but it makes an insane difference.

My summer plans are...nothing. Just work. Went to Thou/Cloud Rat last night and there were like 20 people. Pretty sure the tour had more people between bands/merch. Good show though. I bought too many records. At least most people there seemed to be buying more than one thing at the merch table, so hopefully it was worth it for the bands.

Only thing I've got planned for the rest of summer is seeing John Mulaney in a couple weeks.

What meds is she on? I've had to increase my dosage since mine was too low to have normal function.

9 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Fam shit is all bad, My medication stopped working I've had daily panic attacks, delusions, and all sorts of crazy shit. I decided to taper off, and it's awful: nauseated, weak, tired, not sleeping, hallucinating, missing work, taking the next 3 days off and hoping the withdrawals get better. Oh yeah I also can't quit drinking or I might have a seizure and die, they really wanted me to switch meds cause of how serious my symptoms are but I have zero trust for my psychiatrist, and I can actually kind of feel emotion again so I feel like I need to do this, and just need to keep an eye out and consider ER visits if need be. But yeah hope I don't die, trying to stay positive, a friend is planning to visit me, so having something to look forward to is a huge relief. 

Damn, hope everything gets better soon. What meds are/were you on? I stopped going to my psychiatrist, because I felt like it was a waste of time and money.

32 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

What meds is she on? I've had to increase my dosage since mine was too low to have normal function.

Damn, hope everything gets better soon. What meds are/were you on? I stopped going to my psychiatrist, because I felt like it was a waste of time and money.

Pristiq, no one warned me about the opioid compound so withdrawls are similar to that of heroin I'm sure not as extreme. I have a friend of a friend who came off of it and it felt good to know I'm not the only one experiencing these symptoms, but I'm in for a rocky road

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

No judgements, but it sounds like maybe you need to consider a rehab facility, dude. The doctors there may also be able to help you with some of your other issues.

I appreciate your concern, it's not out of the question. If I end up in urgent care/ER I will go that route, but i'm trying to do this without getting drugged up more. Already trying to reduce drinking (which never exceeded 3-6 drinks a day) to a minimum, using mindfulness techniques and trying to stay positive. Certain symptoms are worsening, but the scary ones are starting to subside. 

Update things have been getting a little better, got my taper dosage so I can stop cutting the pills which effects how you metabolise it. Even worked about 5 hours yesterday and got caught up the records have been piling up back there. Planning on trying to work more today and tomorrow, then my friend will be here for a few days and I can have a little mini-vacation. I think things will be ok, work has been really understanding and flexible

Hey y'all, hope you are all well.

I got laid off from my job, so it looks like I will have plenty of time to be more active here for the foreseeable future.

Napalm, while that whole situation definitely seems super scary.. it seems like you are on a good path, and I'm glad to hear it!

18 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Hey y'all, hope you are all well.

I got laid off from my job, so it looks like I will have plenty of time to be more active here for the foreseeable future.

Napalm, while that whole situation definitely seems super scary.. it seems like you are on a good path, and I'm glad to hear it!

Sorry to hear about the lay off, hope good things come your way

My friend will be here in less than 12 hours i'm so excited! Also this downtime has been for processing and planning, need to set a long term goal so in 5 years time I'm going to open a record shop, even if it's a hole in the wall open on weekends to start and I have to sell off half or more of my collection. For now I'm going to keep honing my craft, I have potential investors in my family already but his business venture would need to take off first which could happen within the next year or two. Just feels good to be hopeful towards the future

Okay, I need to enlist the help of those of you who've moved. I'm going off to school in a month and my research indicates that my dorms will be big enough to fit my setup and shelves, but I need to transport my collection with me. What's the safest way to go about this? I know I've seen people on here move with their records, and there were certain boxes you ship with or something. I just don't wanna fuck them all up by accident. For reference, I've got 450 > x > 400 records.

6 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Okay, I need to enlist the help of those of you who've moved. I'm going off to school in a month and my research indicates that my dorms will be big enough to fit my setup and shelves, but I need to transport my collection with me. What's the safest way to go about this? I know I've seen people on here move with their records, and there were certain boxes you ship with or something. I just don't wanna fuck them all up by accident. For reference, I've got 450 > x > 400 records.

I wouldn't take anything remotely expensive with you. Some asshole will definitely either ruin or steal them.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Regardless I still need to have them shipped out because my family is moving too, so if I'm gonna leave them at home I need a plan.

I got special boxes for mine when I moved. If there is a shipping/packing place around town call them and see if they have any boxes that are 12.5" wide and relatively heavy duty.

Yeah, never have nice shit in your dorm. My roommate's friends took a bunch of my DVDs from my giant DVD binder. They returned them, but everything was out of order (I had between 200-300 discs in there and in very particular organization) and THEY NEVER FUCKING ASKED.

I know it was his friends because I noticed a bunch of shit out of order and a few things missing. He was like "Oh sorry, my friends did that. I told them not to, but what else could I do?" I got everything back, but still, that's some scumbag shit. They took a few beers from me too.

For reference, one of my friends once started playing with my roommate's basketball (which was just chilling out in the open on the floor) and I was like "Put that down, asshole. It's my roommate's." and when he argued I told him to stop or leave. I also would let my roommate borrow my iPod like every day. Because I'm NOT a scumbag 

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

2 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Regardless I still need to have them shipped out because my family is moving too, so if I'm gonna leave them at home I need a plan.

UPS used to (and probably still does) sell boxes that fit LPs well.  I know someone on here just put a bunch of heavy duty plastic wrap around their Expedit full of records and moved it that way.  If I recall, it went well too.  Probably heavy as fuck though :)

It's possible (not likely but still a possibility) that my partner and I will move to Ireland. The thought of moving my records across the ocean makes me want to scream. But I can drink like a motherfucker and talk shit about the British, so I'd at least fit in.

(Long story, but the short of it is that my girlfriend's mother was born in Ireland so it's just a matter of paperwork if she ever wants to be an Irish citizen. Her dad was born in Cuba but I think that one would be a bit trickier)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic