5 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I have a huge problem with auto renewing subscriptions, and that business model counts on people like me, who are super busy and will miss cancellation deadlines.

Luckily, I ended up with only one waste of a record.

I don't know why but I love paying for full year subscriptions upfront. Just "fuck it, give me that shit all year and I don't want to have to think about it"

I also always set up calender notifications for cancellation deadlines and stuff.

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

I am spoiled with NYCs public transportation. 

Hopefully, you were not hurt.

I bet, it looks like a dream.

Minor neck ache and headache the next day, but nothing bad. Just got the quote, $7300... not looking good for the insurance the cover it. Bent the frame rails in front.

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I bet, it looks like a dream.

Minor neck ache and headache the next day, but nothing bad. Just got the quote, $7300... not looking good for the insurance the cover it. Bent the frame rails in front.

Fuck dude, that sucks. Cars are an awesome and essential tool, but god damn do they suck

34 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, it sucks. It's cold and windy so I can't walk to get food or cigarettes unless I want to really freeze. Supposed to warm up this afternoon, so hopefully I can make it before work. Sucks getting rides and finding rides home too.

Do you have Uber/Lyft out there? I work with a lot of people who don't have cars and those services have been a godsend. People who couldn't cover shifts and were always a bit late because they were taking the bus are much more likely to spend a few bucks on an Uber than walk/bus/taxi

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't know why but I love paying for full year subscriptions upfront. Just "fuck it, give me that shit all year and I don't want to have to think about it"

I also always set up calender notifications for cancellation deadlines and stuff.

I just need to get an administrative assistant for my record collection.

4 hours ago, Rezqua said:

anyone have advice for getting tickets to shows that are going to sell out fast as fuck? I 1000% need to go to those Thursday shows in LA.

https://www.spacelandpresents.com/event/1628267-thursday-20-years-los-angeles/

https://www.spacelandpresents.com/event/1628266-thursday-20-years-los-angeles/

I'm trying to talk my friends into going to one of these cities.

Be ready before they go up. Keep refreshing. This one is a little bit more tricky because you have to buy tickets for two separate dates and hope the other doesn't sell out while you're checking out for the first one. I've always grabbed Brand New tickets no problem by just being ready the millisecond they go up? Grab one date and have another friend grab the other date at the same time?

In the market for some record cleaning stuff. Anyone have recommendations? Looking for a brush and a cheap (but effective) way to deep clean. I really don't know where to start and couldn't find a good thread. I wish I had a grand for a fancy vacuum machine thing, but bruh...i just wanna clean my records without having to stop buying new ones.

28 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

In the market for some record cleaning stuff. Anyone have recommendations? Looking for a brush and a cheap (but effective) way to deep clean. I really don't know where to start and couldn't find a good thread. I wish I had a grand for a fancy vacuum machine thing, but bruh...i just wanna clean my records without having to stop buying new ones.

The cheapest way could be buying a MoFi or similar brush and some microfiber clothes. Makes you own solution, then clean and dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Fidelity-Record-Cleaning-Brush/dp/B000M9H03E

Also heard ok things about these. Comparable to the old RCA Diskwasher system, which apparently the newest version is terrible.

https://www.groovewasher.com/

Edited by Thomas³

24 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This struggle is one I have as well.

23 hours ago, Rezqua said:

anyone have advice for getting tickets to shows that are going to sell out fast as fuck? I 1000% need to go to those Thursday shows in LA.

https://www.spacelandpresents.com/event/1628267-thursday-20-years-los-angeles/

https://www.spacelandpresents.com/event/1628266-thursday-20-years-los-angeles/

Presale is up

Code: 20YEARS

just checked and tix for both nights are available

Edited by texan4life

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

KAB EV-1

I love mine

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was looking at this one. Very tempting, but a bit more than I was hoping to spend. Of course, it's a very good long term investment for my records.

Anyone have any experience with a Spin Clean?

I legit just sold my record doctor v for $100 last week. Much rather would have sold it to you. 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was looking at this one. Very tempting, but a bit more than I was hoping to spend. Of course, it's a very good long term investment for my records.

It's worth the money for the EV-1. I had a spin clean for a few months, but it always seemed to leave cleaning residue on my records with made weird surface noise. Never figured out why.

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The EV-1 is totally worth it over a spin clean. Cheapest vacuum record cleaner you'll find I think, and it works well. Plus you don't have to worry about it quitting on you, because it just uses your household vacuum.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic