Turned the AC in my apartment off, went to the movies for a few hours. Turned the AC on (yay smart appliances) before I left the mall. It was 15 degrees cooler outside by the time the movie was done.

I'll honestly probably save a fair amount on my electric bill if I keep doing that through this heat wave. Helps that I have moviepass so I'm not actually spending money on tickets.

18 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Turned the AC in my apartment off, went to the movies for a few hours. Turned the AC on (yay smart appliances) before I left the mall. It was 15 degrees cooler outside by the time the movie was done.

I'll honestly probably save a fair amount on my electric bill if I keep doing that through this heat wave. Helps that I have moviepass so I'm not actually spending money on tickets.

I got the Nest last year and it's been pretty great for that saving money stuff.   But it also cranks it up to 83 degrees if I stay sitting in the same place for too long because it thinks I left the house.

1 hour ago, nancy_raygun said:

I got the Nest last year and it's been pretty great for that saving money stuff.   But it also cranks it up to 83 degrees if I stay sitting in the same place for too long because it thinks I left the house.

Not sure what kind of thermostat we've got. It's programmable but not hooked up to our phones or anything.

We've got an Aros AC and it's great...the company went under so they don't make them anymore (obviously) though. Luckily Wink survived so the smart features still work. We got it for $50 too. Dude down the street was selling it on Craigslist because he was moving. A bunch of people bailed on him so by the time we contacted him he was like "I'm loading the last of my shit into a Uhaul right now, if you can get here in time it's yours for $100" we were like "We have $50, we'll have to stop at an ATM..." so he was just like fuck it, $50

Someone got shot right outside my apartment today. In the arm, so they're fine. But this is now 4 apartments in a row where someone got shot right outside. Not down the street. Not nearby. Right the fuck outside.

T3, I'd say look into some fancy thermostats. We got ours open box for like $60 each. Paid for themselves in a couple months.

17 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Someone got shot right outside my apartment today. In the arm, so they're fine. But this is now 4 apartments in a row where someone got shot right outside. Not down the street. Not nearby. Right the fuck outside.

T3, I'd say look into some fancy thermostats. We got ours open box for like $60 each. Paid for themselves in a couple months.

Well at least you got this shooting out of the way and it wasn't you! bright side!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic