8 minutes ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

I'll take what I can get from you <3

Just don't ever take it personal or let it discourage you from texting me. 

My little sister moved 3/4 of the way across the country last week and I couldn't bring myself to text her when she wanted to see me before she left. Somehow it's easier for me to communicate any other way, even though I WANT to text people back...

38 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

It happens to us all.

I'm glad I can step back in like nothing changed. 

33 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just don't ever take it personal or let it discourage you from texting me. 

My little sister moved 3/4 of the way across the country last week and I couldn't bring myself to text her when she wanted to see me before she left. Somehow it's easier for me to communicate any other way, even though I WANT to text people back...

IT IS PERSONAL. IT'S REAL DEEP CUTTING. 

So how's everybody been? This summer I also got to do lab research for a few months which is pretty great. My car died right before I came back home though, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford payments on another car on top of rent/food/etc, so that's what's on my mind at the moment.

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

So how's everybody been? This summer I also got to do lab research for a few months which is pretty great. My car died right before I came back home though, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford payments on another car on top of rent/food/etc, so that's what's on my mind at the moment.

Cars suck, do you live near public transit or have you considered a cash car?

Edited by Green Tea Papi

10 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I moved to a city with good public transportation so I wouldn't have to own a car... I feel your pain.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, Green Tea Papi said:

Cars suck, do you live near public transit or have you considered a cash car?

On 8/12/2018 at 6:04 AM, GHOSTDRONES said:

I moved to a city with good public transportation so I wouldn't have to own a car... I feel your pain.

You pretty much need a car to get around in a timely manner in the OC/LA area, especially going between the two. I'm not particularly fond of the region haha.

• 2 weeks later...

How's life with everyone? They closed down my record store, I took a raise and moved 2 hours west to Overland Park, Kansas to work at the store there.  Got my own place and just spent a week in New Orleans at a record store conference, took home like 35+ free records and a bunch of swag including a guitar signed by Billy Gibbons. Life is pretty damn good, I'm just tired all the time now

52 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

Well, it's officially my first week in college. I got on here around my freshman year, feels weird to think about how much I have changed in four years haha

I'm 31 and I still have a number of internet friends (all 5-25 years older than me) from a forum I joined the summer before my freshman year of high school. I have zero friends IRL from that long ago...unless you count my friend from first grade who has only been an internet friend for over a decade.

Also, pretty soon 4 years won't feel like any time at all, so enjoy it. Parties suck, but make sure you go to a few and do some stupid shit. You've always seemed like a kid with a good head on his shoulders, so I trust you not to let some rowdy ignorant weekends get in the way of going to class. Good luck, dude. I mean that with 100% sincerity.

13 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm 31 and I still have a number of internet friends (all 5-25 years older than me) from a forum I joined the summer before my freshman year of high school. I have zero friends IRL from that long ago...unless you count my friend from first grade who has only been an internet friend for over a decade.

Also, pretty soon 4 years won't feel like any time at all, so enjoy it. Parties suck, but make sure you go to a few and do some stupid shit. You've always seemed like a kid with a good head on his shoulders, so I trust you not to let some rowdy ignorant weekends get in the way of going to class. Good luck, dude. I mean that with 100% sincerity.

Yeah, most people from that long ago in my life are people who I either ended up drifting apart from or cutting out because they're shitty. My friend Will is the only person from freshman year that I really have any desire to speak to anymore but he's one of my closest friends. 

Yeah, high school was weird because it felt like a long ass time and literally no time at all. It was a bit of an odd time for me too personally, don't want to get too into it on a public message board because yknow, but most people on here who I was friends with have heard about it to varying degrees. I actually have been meaning to message you for a while but shit kept coming up and I'd forget to. I'll shoot you a message on facebook or something later.  

13 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I, too, have quite few internet friends from years of forums and gaming.  Crazy to think I've been on one for 16 years! Half my fucking life.

4 years flies by now. I hate it. As Bruce said, keep a good party/study balance. College parties suck and are cool at the same time. 

Yeah, it's weird for sure. @DecayToDeath and I met on here randomly shitting around about SOAD bootlegs like four years ago, it's pretty wild to think that we're good friends now and have flown out across the country to hang out. @NapalmBrain is a babe too, he has put up with far too much of my dumbass kid antics. 

Not much of a party guy or anything like that and I've been pretty on top of all my work so far. Got dragged over to a mini party in the room next door last night because Will and I were jamming in my room and they heard us and demanded we play a song. Luckily everyone was not sober enough to realize that we were shit because we hadn't really practiced everything lol. But yeah, not a smoker and I don't drink anymore so I really don't see much reason to go to that shit. At least I didn't get some jackass of a roommate though. Guy I am rooming with is quiet and pretty easy to get along with even if we don't have a ton in common. 

21 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

How's life with everyone? They closed down my record store, I took a raise and moved 2 hours west to Overland Park, Kansas to work at the store there.  Got my own place and just spent a week in New Orleans at a record store conference, took home like 35+ free records and a bunch of swag including a guitar signed by Billy Gibbons. Life is pretty damn good, I'm just tired all the time now

That's awesome man ... Good to hear things are going well

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic