Matt and myself have a little dilemma...

This coming Monday Turnover and Deafheaven are playing PDX. Same night. Different venues of course.

What the fuck do we do?

Probably just flip a coin I think.

Who's opening? That's usually a big factor for me in these situations

Matt and myself have a little dilemma...

This coming Monday Turnover and Deafheaven are playing PDX. Same night. Different venues of course.

What the fuck do we do?

Probably just flip a coin I think.

That is a toss, but I'm leaning toward Deafheaven. I'm blown away at how well both their albums flow through and blend so many different elements

Also finally listened to the not so new anymore Turnover album and it was great

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What the deal with that intro track? Is it a concept album or something? 

The intro and the outro kinda sandwich it, but I haven't been able to pick up on any lyrics throughout.

It's weird because I hear Arbiter from Arby 'n' the Chief doing the voice...

Who's opening? That's usually a big factor for me in these situations

If you go by this, go to Deafheaven. Turnover's set was only like 20 minutes, and the other 3 bands were kinda meh.

Also damn you John for talking about How It Feels To Be Something On the other day. I'm so tempted to pay aftermarket prices for it. My favorite SDRE for sure.

If you go by this, go to Deafheaven. Turnover's set was only like 20 minutes, and the other 3 bands were kinda meh.

Also damn you John for talking about How It Feels To Be Something On the other day. I'm so tempted to pay aftermarket prices for it. My favorite SDRE for sure.

Don't do it! A reissue will happen eventually

Don't do it! A reissue will happen eventually

This ^^^

I'd buy an OG, enjoy it, and sell it if a reissue happens.

Not this^^^

Kids these days, I tell ya.

Depends on how much you'd do it for. If you're so confident in a reissue, you'd make your money back anyway. If not, you've got a copy to enjoy for yourself regardless. If the cost is too heavy, abstain. Otherwise...

You have to keep in mind that a reissue of that album will significantly effect it's resale value though. You'd pay a premium for a listening copy now, then end up selling it for less, and still paying for a new reissue, causing that reissue to cost you more than it would have otherwise.

You have to keep in mind that a reissue of that album will significantly effect it's resale value though. You'd pay a premium for a listening copy now, then end up selling it for less, and still paying for a new reissue, causing that reissue to cost you more than it would have otherwise.

Isn't that what most people do here anyway, though? If a PO is announced, they sell the OG before most people get wise to the announcement. That's what Rez did with Juturna.

Isn't that what most people do here anyway, though? If a PO is announced, they sell the OG before most people get wise to the announcement. That's what Rez did with Juturna.

See, it's different for most of us when that happens.

You forget a lot of us are twice your age, and therefore actually paid $14-$20 for those OGs. When we do that, usually it's because we end up with extra money and a nice listening copy.

Losing money on a record to buy the same record is crazy to me.

See, it's different for most of us when that happens.

You forget a lot of us are twice your age, and therefore actually paid $14-$20 for those OGs. When we do that, usually it's because we end up with extra money and a nice listening copy.

Losing money on a record to buy the same record is crazy to me.

What I'm getting at is, you're not losing money if you sell it before most people realize it's being repressed. Sure, you'd have to act fast, but it's not difficult by any means. Sometimes (though in the case of a record that's 10+ years old, probably not) the resale value actually goes up between when you get it and when you sell it. Though yes, I do see what you mean in other cases, it's not terribly hard to break even on something if you're desperate to own it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic