My Robert Johnson set shipped this morning, Priests "Early Recordings" is also en route, as well as 300 more disckeeper inners. Still waiting for SDF to ship, and for my 6131 order to ship (first Priests 7" to complete the current discography, also grabbed the new Dag Nasty 7" just to make it worth shipping). I went a little overboard cause I couldn't last year. Have a friend working on the Blondie 7" for me if he doesn't come through I may still be on the lookout

Edited by NapalmBrain

Buying too many damn records (no such thing I know). Went to a garage sale and bought some stuff I normally wouldn't just cause it was .50 but some nice discoveries that way (Emily Remler, killer jazz guitarist goes toe to toe with the likes of Kenny Burrell) then I stopped by the record store in the area, and cleaned up on some underpriced used records they put out for RSD that didn't sell: Free "Fire and Water", Mountain "Nantucket Sleighride" (clean with both photos and booklet), Zombies "Time Of The Zombies" (disc 1 is all early singles and disc 2 is the stereo mix of O&O) and the prize find was an original relatively clean mono of "(Turn On) The Music Machine" for a total of $29 (plus $3.50 for 7 records at the garage sale). I also had to take home a Brother Jack McDuff before our jazz sale ended. On top of my RSD splurge I think I have quite a few new tunes to keep me busy. Day off today, going to relax and resleeve a ton of records my disckeepers came in

2 hours ago, thebilljim said:

Got the entire weekend free, and...a dead power supply on my turntable. I ordered a replacement, but it's not even scheduled to ship until Tuesday.

Whenever more turntable is down, I use that time to revisit my tape collection.  I'd be very bored if both were broke!

I got 12 LPs and a 7" in the mail today.  Gooooodbye weekend.

3 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Whenever more turntable is down, I use that time to revisit my tape collection.  I'd be very bored if both were broke!

I got 12 LPs and a 7" in the mail today.  Gooooodbye weekend.

I was supposed to go see Mono tonight, but the gf is under the weather, so we skipped out. She's bummed because she really loves them, I'm slightly more indifferent...as far as staving off boredom, I'm on day 2 of my 30-day free trial of Prime, so I guess I'll just watch all 3 seasons of Bosch or something. Maybe bust out some Skyrim.

37 minutes ago, thebilljim said:

I was supposed to go see Mono tonight, but the gf is under the weather, so we skipped out. She's bummed because she really loves them, I'm slightly more indifferent...as far as staving off boredom, I'm on day 2 of my 30-day free trial of Prime, so I guess I'll just watch all 3 seasons of Bosch or something. Maybe bust out some Skyrim.

Catastrophe is quite good.  You can burn through all the seasons in a weekend if you felt so inclined.

Okay so I have a question after these last few posts. The Coheed and Cambria thread was recently closed. It was basically one user being an idiot (James the Champ or whatever that moron's name is) and instead of just dealing with basically one problem user, the entire thread is locked. Why not just deal with the problem?

Edited by dethrock

Went to the Thursday show last night. Managed to lose a shoe jumping into the crowd for the "Cant we die!" part in Cross Out the Eyes. Took me 3 fucking songs to find it.

I rember back in the day if someone dropped some shit, you picked it up and held it over your head. Kids were just standing on my shoe like it wasn't even there.

31 minutes ago, dethrock said:

Okay so I have a question after these last few posts. The Coheed and Cambria thread was recently closed. It was basically one user being an idiot (James the Champ or whatever that moron's name is) and instead of just dealing with basically one problem user, the entire thread is locked. Why not just deal with the problem?

I don't consider anything that happens in a Coheed/Blink/Brand New thread to be VC canon. Well, except the Deja bowl.

1 hour ago, dethrock said:

Hey, go fuck yourself! Fucking up my user name like that. Rude.

1 hour ago, dethrock said:

Honestly who cares though? Thread has run it's course, all that's left is drama.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic