My favorite thing about this season of the NFL is the Giants' record.  It has been so quiet on the football front in this area because they're doing so horribly and us Jets fans know better than jinx ourselves by talking about the fact that our newbie QB managed to not turnover the ball last Monday.  It's refreshing.

i cant believe my giants...its ugly out there. just stop throwing interceptions! f.

i cant believe my giants...its ugly out there. just stop throwing interceptions! f.

Oof sorry. =[

Most of my friends & family are Giants fans so I just enjoy how quiet its been since they haven't been doing so hot.

But what really does bug me is how when it comes to literally any other NY quarterback (Sanchez, Favre, Pennington, even Testverde and Kurt Warner when he was a Giant), they are completely blasted by the media when they perform anything less than stellar.  Meanwhile, the only thing anyone can ever say about Eli is "Hey! At least this is his 150th consecutive start in the NFL!"

Oof sorry. =[

Most of my friends & family are Giants fans so I just enjoy how quiet its been since they haven't been doing so hot.

But what really does bug me is how when it comes to literally any other NY quarterback (Sanchez, Favre, Pennington, even Testverde and Kurt Warner when he was a Giant), they are completely blasted by the media when they perform anything less than stellar.  Meanwhile, the only thing anyone can ever say about Eli is "Hey! At least this is his 150th consecutive start in the NFL!"

haha maybe because Eli has recently won 2 superbowls? And as for the other guys, i liked vinny as buc. and every pass favre threw was a new record. touchdown, completion, yards,  or interception. haha. i like eli, just he hasnt always been consistent and especially now. yikes. its just their turnover rate is ridiculous. i dont blame coughlin either. wicked bad funk thats all. hopefully we'll get some draft picks out of this! 

haha maybe because Eli has recently won 2 superbowls? And as for the other guys, i liked vinny as buc. and every pass favre threw was a new record. touchdown, completion, yards,  or interception. haha. i like eli, just he hasnt always been consistent and especially now. yikes. its just their turnover rate is ridiculous. i dont blame coughlin either. wicked bad funk thats all. hopefully we'll get some draft picks out of this! 

Well I think the league was a little easy on him naming him MVP in both of those Superbowls, lol.  In both of those games it was his circus of acrobatic receivers that were able to catch his inconsistencies.  Any of those guys could've been crowned MVP on equal or maybe even more merit than Eli, Son Of Archie.

That's exactly it though, he hasn't been consistent just like any of the other NY quarterbacks of recent past, but it just seems like there's always a silver lining in every 'negative' report about his performances.  For example, I was watching the Giants game last Sunday against the Eagles and the commentators actually said that Eli isn't to blame for his performance on multiple occasions throughout the game.  They even went as far as to criticize Vick on his ability to run the ball.  It just never makes sense to me when it comes to that dude, lol.

Well I think the league was a little easy on him naming him MVP in both of those Superbowls, lol.  In both of those games it was his circus of acrobatic receivers that were able to catch his inconsistencies.  Any of those guys could've been crowned MVP on equal or maybe even more merit than Eli, Son Of Archie.

That's exactly it though, he hasn't been consistent just like any of the other NY quarterbacks of recent past, but it just seems like there's always a silver lining in every 'negative' report about his performances.  For example, I was watching the Giants game last Sunday against the Eagles and the commentators actually said that Eli isn't to blame for his performance on multiple occasions throughout the game.  They even went as far as to criticize Vick on his ability to run the ball.  It just never makes sense to me when it comes to that dude, lol.

haha, that catch. a great moment in my life. watching the game in boston. with patriots fans. that play...people call it luck and a bogus catch, sure yeah it was pretty crazy. but how many times did they eli almost get sacked? like 5 times? and how many points the pats avg per game? 56? we held them to 14. so glad we ruined their perfect season.

You said I could talk about anything. :(

I went into that thread once and it was all Fantasy Football stuff. I want the real thing!

haha, that catch. a great moment in my life. watching the game in boston. with patriots fans. that play...people call it luck and a bogus catch, sure yeah it was pretty crazy. but how many times did they eli almost get sacked? like 5 times? and how many points the pats avg per game? 56? we held them to 14. so glad we ruined their perfect season.

As a Jets fan I am probably one of THE happiest people, aside from Giants fans, for the fact that the Pats got obliterated in both of those Superbowls, lol.  Gotta love a Tom Brady midfield meltdown.  I'm happy whenever the Pats lose though, which isn't often enough sadly.

If you wanna talk about holding the Pats to 14, one should look to a defensive lineman for that MVP trophy.  :P

just read this - The Strokes' Albert Hammond Jr: 'My bandmates were concerned that I'd kill myself'

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/nme/73185#QeqcBcB1Buh1MmzA.99

how vivid is this paragraph? terrifying:

"'I wasn’t going to kill myself on purpose, but you reach a point where you really just don’t see it and you just don’t care,' he added.

'It could have happened so easily so many times. I don’t even know how I kept on waking up. First you are at least measuring it. But by the end you are so shaky you are just mixing and pouring and sometimes you feel it. You push it in and you know it is too much and then your body goes into some kind of shake and you get extreme fear, like, 'That’s it, I have done it, I have done too much. I am going to fall down.'"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic