Time to go home yet? I'm already at 12 calls an hour, and annoyed.

I know I'm about to seem like a dick, but know that I'm not trying to come from that place.

Everyone complains about their job sometimes, but it seems like every time I see you posting anything in here it's how much you hate it there.

Maybe stop just bitching about it and get a new job, because it's starting to become "your thing" and it's becoming a real downer.

Waiting until the Fall to make the move. I only have a few student loan payments left, and I'd love to not have any debt before a big move. I need the move though, obviously I'm really unhappy here. Nice weather would be awesome. It's hot, humid and supposed to storm all weekend here :(.

You're right, I do bitch too much. I've been looking, not much around here. I'll do my best to bitch silently to myself.

All good.  

You should share the aggression towards the co-workers.  It sounds like they know your opinion of them.  

Take an air horn w you to work one day, and randomly 'blow' off some steam

Also, you're lucky you can access the interwebs while at work.  Companies are cracking down on personal usage during company time.  You already know this

(this message was written by a guy that knows nothing, but every other thing)

True, I don't think I could sit at a desk all day without internet access.

I'm digging the airhorn idea, not sure the entire company would appreciate it since we have a giant open floor so about 700 people would hear it. Might be a good thing to use on my last day though.

I was working on this lame website last night and it worked fine on my mac, but now that I'm back at the office, all these windows computers are having a hard time loading the imagery. :(

can someone who is on a desktop computer tell me if the images load slow?

(I don't want the link to show up in a google search so bare with me)

www.techniquestcorporation.com

Yeah, took around 30 seconds for the image to show up, just had the top menu bar for a while and a black screen.

Edit: Switching between images is super slow too.

Edit 2: It's fine after it cycles through.

Yeah, took around 30 seconds for the image to show up, just had the top menu bar for a while and a black screen.

Edit: Switching between images is super slow too.

Edit 2: It's fine after it cycles through.

10secs to load page. 1st 2 images were quick, now 5-10sec delay between each image. Also temporarily froze Firefox on me, hahaha.

Thanks guys.  I wonder why I had no problem on my Mac.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hmm, it works a lot better in Chrome than it does in Firefox. It might just be firefox sucking. File sizes reasonably small?

I'm using Chrome and its doing the same thing.

The files are full res because of the type of layout it is. The photos change size based on your window/computer monitor size.  I just emailed the folks who made the theme to ask what size they suggest the photos to be so that they still look good when someone with a 27" monitor is viewing it.

It's been years since I've done any web coding, so can't offer much advise. I know we have a few coders here, hopefully they'll chime in. I think my books at home are too outdated to help too.

You're right, I do bitch too much. I've been looking, not much around here. I'll do my best to bitch silently to myself.

Hell I say keep venting, on here or elsewhere.  It's better to have an outlet to voice your frustrations than to bottle them up.  I know I have spent an inordinate amount of time on here bitching.  There is something cathartic about just venting for a sec.

I know one of your big complaints is how much you do in comparison to your co-workers.  That is actually something that I've had to deal with at my job.  While we are in completely different professions as an example the machine I currently run most of the time has an average run rate of about 104% for all three shifts combined.  However, my % has exceeded 130% for over a year straight.  The supervisors have actually started adding in codes for the other guys to punch in to boost their numbers, codes that I am prohibited to punch in to.  Years back I'd get so worked up over shit like this, similar to how you seem to get worked up over similar issues.  I've come to realize I can get myself worked up and filled with hate and animosity or I can just realize that what others do shouldn't affect me.  I am being paid to do a job and I'm going to do it as good as I can.  It doesn't matter if others half ass it or goof off, I can only control myself.  So I'm left with two options continue to be true to myself and my work ethic or I can let others drag me down.

Really you should find a new job though also.  If your that unhappy at this job then it's time to find a new one.  I know you had another job for a few days and hated that so perhaps even looking outside of your current profession might be ideal.

....narcissistic rant over.  Have a lovely day all.

All valid points, and things I need to try. I need to get out of phone jobs, they are probably the major cause of my issues. I am true to my work ethic and ideals of always doing a job 100%, so it's impossible for me to break them. The field is probably my main cause of issue too, IT is what I always loved, but since working in it it has made me hate it. I don't know what I want to do anymore. At least I know what I don't want to do.

Thanks thomasssssssssssssssss. hopefully someone knows more than us haha

Haha, sorry I was not really helpful at all. I'll take a look at my books when I get home if you still need help.

All good.  

You should share the aggression towards the co-workers.  It sounds like they know your opinion of them.  

Take an air horn w you to work one day, and randomly 'blow' off some steam

Also, you're lucky you can access the interwebs while at work.  Companies are cracking down on personal usage during company time.  You already know this

(this message was written by a guy that knows nothing, but every other thing)

Thumb drives with Windows are your friends...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic