Literally my first time hearing them. I'm kinda blown away. & a little pissed I haven't been listening to them all along.

This is definitely and darker and edgier direction for them. You should listen to Tertia front to back, and let me know what you think. It has the most amazing build up.

There is a craft beer and grub place near my house that I frequent often that is looking to increase their staff for (beer)servers, line cooks, and dishwasher. I have zero experience in any of these. Messaged the owner and he replied that nothing tricky to be a dishwasher and should give it a shot anyways. I'm considering it for like a part-time gig on Friday nights and weekends. Extra incomes I guess...minimal...but it'd be something...and I am not above washing dishes and being a lackey. Work is work no matter what.

Thoughts?

Having experience in every position in the back of the house, it doesn't get any better than being in a dish tank all night.  You are on your own, and I bet you could get a system down pretty quick.  Weekends will be the busiest, but you should be broke in after your first few nights.  Easiest job in the back of the house dude.  

Dish washers usually are second on the pay scale, next to chef.  Pretty much because you are on your own.

This is definitely and darker and edgier direction for them. You should listen to Tertia front to back, and let me know what you think. It has the most amazing build up.

Was gonna ask you where to start. Will check out Tertia & let you know. Darkfield tho.... damn. Very impressed. I guess I expected them to be some sorta emo outfit (nothing wrong with that), which is why I held off giving them a shot (staying far away from feels these days). But this is fucking solid.

Was gonna ask you where to start. Will check out Tertia & let you know. Darkfield tho.... damn. Very impressed. I guess I expected them to be some sorta emo outfit (nothing wrong with that), which is why I held off giving them a shot (staying far away from feels these days). But this is fucking solid.

I just talked to Philip (the front man) and he said that they are going to open the set with Darkfield, so it's kind of cool this is the first song you heard. Are you going to see them live? They're playing in Brooklyn. Oh odd. Was it just one of those preconceived notions, some mental connection of Caspian to emo for some reason? Haha. Glad you're digging them!

I just talked to Philip (the front man) and he said that they are going to open the set with Darkfield, so it's kind of cool this is the first song you heard. Are you going to see them live? They're playing in Brooklyn. Oh odd. Was it just one of those preconceived notions, some mental connection of Caspian to emo for some reason? Haha. Glad you're digging them!

Oh damn. That's not a bad idea. Don't really know any Caspian fans in NY, but maybe I'll just head down anyway. $15 for tix??? Fuck. I think i need to do this.

Haha, I just assumed cuz of how huge emo is on here they'd be part of that category. Glad I was wrong in this case. Yeah, pretty jazzed I gave them a shot. I don't try out a whole lotta new bands & I know I should. Just off the strength of Darkfield, I can see why you're such a big fan. 

Oh damn. That's not a bad idea. Don't really know any Caspian fans in NY, but maybe I'll just head down anyway. $15 for tix??? Fuck. I think i need to do this.

Haha, I just assumed cuz of how huge emo is on here they'd be part of that category. Glad I was wrong in this case. Yeah, pretty jazzed I gave them a shot. I don't try out a whole lotta new bands & I know I should. Just off the strength of Darkfield, I can see why you're such a big fan. 

Yeah, their shows are always so cheap - I always try to give back as much as I can with merch. And they put on an incredible performance. When I lived in SLC I dragged my roommate to the show. He was really that into them, so I bought him a ticket to persuade him. His jaw was on the floor by the end of the night, and is now a huge fan. You won't regret seeing them, even if you go alone.

If you need any of their catalog I have download codes. Just let me know.  

Yeah, their shows are always so cheap - I always try to give back as much as I can with merch. And they put on an incredible performance. When I lived in SLC I dragged my roommate to the show. He was really that into them, so I bought him a ticket to persuade him. His jaw was on the floor by the end of the night, and is now a huge fan. You won't regret seeing them, even if you go alone.

If you need any of their catalog I have download codes. Just let me know.  

Yeah I didn't expect them to be that cheap. That's pretty awesome.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Anyone want to see Caspian in NYC with me on 9/19?!

Been wanting to see Caspian the last couple times they came around and missed out. They're playing my boyfriends birthday this year with Circle Takes the Square.

He hates CTTS.

As much as I want to torture him on his special day, both bands will continue to remain on my never-seen-live list.

CTTS should be an interesting mash up. Too bad your dude doesn't like them, but just go for Caspian and then leave. Don't skip the whole show just cause of that!

Been wanting to see Caspian the last couple times they came around and missed out. They're playing my boyfriends birthday this year with Circle Takes the Square.

He hates CTTS.

As much as I want to torture him on his special day, both bands will continue to remain on my never-seen-live list.

Just ditch your boyfriend, birthday schmirthday!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic