Hey guys & gals. Just wanted to pop in & give a big thank you to all the amazing fucking people I've met on here over the last year & a half. You know who you are. & you've truly made an impact on my life. VC has been quite an experience. I wish you all the best in everything that life throws at you.

Take care of yourselves, & each other.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE

It's f'n crazy that you could have seen so many of the same shows as other people just in different locations... I traded a record with a guy here some months ago, only to find out through chatting that we had been at the same show at the Trocadero in 2001.

Was that at the Troc? I thought the TLA. But I did see the Philly date.

Hey guys & gals. Just wanted to pop in & give a big thank you to all the amazing fucking people I've met on here over the last year & a half. You know who you are. & you've truly made an impact on my life. VC has been quite an experience. I wish you all the best in everything that life throws at you.

Awww... come on Elis... just hang in here then.

Don't leave us!!!!! 

Well guys and gals, after almost a year and a half of deliberating with myself about my decisions of moving across the country and weather or not I would be returning back to New Orleans once my lease here is up...I'v decided. Fuck that shit. The pacific northwest has treated me fucking amazing and I'm hella proud to call it home. My parents aren't super happy about my decision, but I'm 26 years old and I'm actually pretty happy living out here with zero family and having just myself to rely on. 

I also just spent $700 (on my moms credit card, thank god) on a plane ticket to go back home for Christmas. Flying out of PDX on Christmas Eve will surely be a hell of a treat.

Well guys and gals, after almost a year and a half of deliberating with myself about my decisions of moving across the country and weather or not I would be returning back to New Orleans once my lease here is up...I'v decided. Fuck that shit. The pacific northwest has treated me fucking amazing and I'm hella proud to call it home. My parents aren't super happy about my decision, but I'm 26 years old and I'm actually pretty happy living out here with zero family and having just myself to rely on. 

I also just spent $700 (on my moms credit card, thank god) on a plane ticket to go back home for Christmas. Flying out of PDX on Christmas Eve will surely be a hell of a treat.

Seems like a good choice. You can always go visit/they can come see you. I'm sure for a parent it is hard to not see your kid all the time, but at the same time they need to let the kids decide for themselves.

Seems like a good choice. You can always go visit/they can come see you. I'm sure for a parent it is hard to not see your kid all the time, but at the same time they need to let the kids decide for themselves.

Ain't that the truth. I guess I spent 25 years of my life seeing my mom multiple times a week to not having seen her since last Christmas now. Sadly, my mothers medical condition doesn't really work too well with her flying so she can never come out here to see me. My dad is a puss and hates to fly. Not to mention I am the first person in my immediate family to EVER leave New Orleans. So, its kind of a big deal to them I guess. I don't know. I love it here and I cant settle for that shit hole ever again. Also my mom told me a few days ago "You know, our biggest fear is that you're going to meet a girl out there and never want to leave." To which I replied, oh, my happiness is your biggest fear? Thanks mom. Two days later I told her I was staying here at least another year. I think its a good decision. And who the fuck wants to live in summer temps year round and have warped records delivered all year? Not this guy.

Yesssssssss! I would have been sad if you moved!

Ain't that the truth. I guess I spent 25 years of my life seeing my mom multiple times a week to not having seen her since last Christmas now. Sadly, my mothers medical condition doesn't really work too well with her flying so she can never come out here to see me. My dad is a puss and hates to fly. Not to mention I am the first person in my immediate family to EVER leave New Orleans. So, its kind of a big deal to them I guess. I don't know. I love it here and I cant settle for that shit hole ever again. Also my mom told me a few days ago "You know, our biggest fear is that you're going to meet a girl out there and never want to leave." To which I replied, oh, my happiness is your biggest fear? Thanks mom. Two days later I told her I was staying here at least another year. I think its a good decision. And who the fuck wants to live in summer temps year round and have warped records delivered all year? Not this guy.

Live for yourself not your parents.

Isn't it still possible it could fade inside a frame though?

I did some research and people were talking about clear coat/nail polish but that runs the risk of damaging the jacket and smearing the sigs

Just keep a plastic sleeve on it and in cool temps and it should be fine. I have an LP thats signed thats probably 5+ years old now and it looks perfectly fine from doing nothing different about it. I don't even think I have it in a sleeve.

Isn't it still possible it could fade inside a frame though?

I did some research and people were talking about clear coat/nail polish but that runs the risk of damaging the jacket and smearing the sigs

Couldn't you get UV safe glass possibly somewhere like Hobby Lobby or Michael's?

Just keep a plastic sleeve on it and in cool temps and it should be fine. I have an LP thats signed thats probably 5+ years old now and it looks perfectly fine from doing nothing different about it. I don't even think I have it in a sleeve.

This^^^ I've got 10 year old signatures that have held up just fine. Mine are sleeved though ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic