Just now, deer said:

Hell yeah. It in good shape?

Also I'd love to see mwY live someday. I bet they're sick.

It was shipped from the label unsealed (to prevent splits, like it should be) and the dude said he hasn't touched it since. Perfect condition. 

Yes, they were sick live. I went for them and Teen Suicide, not Say Any thing lol.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

It was shipped from the label unsealed (to prevent splits, like it should be) and the dude said he hasn't touched it since. Perfect condition. 

Yes, they were sick live. I went for them and Teen Suicide, not Say Any thing lol.

That's the god damn best. I got my CFUTF for $40 too, coincidentally, mint and all. Glad to hear yours reached you safely!

I've always thought that was such a strange crowd. mewithoutYou and Teen Suicide, they must have sounded so... different one after the other. Love them both though.

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

If you are allowed to do so, I hope you get some sleep.

Been trying to get comfy for an hour now, but between the IV in my hand and the heart monitor in my gown pocket feeling like a brick, not thinking I shall sleep well tonight. Thank you though, I'm hoping I eventually pass out from exhaustion but my anxiety is in full kick being here.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I never paid over retail for any mwy record, even the nice and blue part 2 7". I sold it for a lot though, but still have all the albums. They are not going anywhere. Gotta love being around when orders go up, but they weren't as popular back then. 

I wish I had picked it up back in like 2006 when I was at Hot Topic and it was decently priced and I would have gotten my discount as well. I was dropping most of my cash on my right sleeve then though...

42 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They went through a weird "prance around and throw flowers into the audience" phase, but they're back to being sick af

I saw them during this time too. I think they were on tour with Brand New in the devil and god era. I remember mwY's set being like 20 minutes. They ended with January 1979 and I flipped shit.

4 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I saw them during this time too. I think they were on tour with Brand New in the devil and god era. I remember mwY's set being like 20 minutes. They ended with January 1979 and I flipped shit.

I remember that tour. It got canceled here due to a blizzard. It was at a mid sized arena. BN made up the date at a 800ish cap club and MWY made it up at a 150 cap club. I didn't go to either show.

I saw mwY a year before that tour with Thursday. Minus the Bear were on that tour but not at my show. I can't for the life of me remember who else played. I got hit in the face with flowers. They closed with In a Sweater Poorly Knit even though that album hadn't come out yet.

41 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Been trying to get comfy for an hour now, but between the IV in my hand and the heart monitor in my gown pocket feeling like a brick, not thinking I shall sleep well tonight. Thank you though, I'm hoping I eventually pass out from exhaustion but my anxiety is in full kick being here.

I fucking hate trying to get comfortable with an IV in. Even though I know I can move around the arm with the IV, I don't feel like I can.

15 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

You guys have gotten an insane amount of rain lately. My aunt said they got 5-6 inches in an hour on Saturday or Sunday.

Yea, it's crazy, Houston got hammered again and a friends' apt in College Station got flooded.

And what's even more crazy is once the rain stops and the the summer heat gets here, we'll be in a drought in less than a week.

Edited by texan4life

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic