Just now, Thomas³ said:

Your sleep schedule all fucked up again? Té is great for anytime of the day, except for trying to go to sleep. So fucking good.

Yeah. It's been all over the place. I've been sleeping from 10ish to 5pm. I don't really mind that much but I have no one to talk to that late so I've had too much thinking time, ya know? Haha. Plus it's oddly been messing up my eating habits. I haven't had a full meal in a week. Just been snacking and the occasional sandwich. So I'm blasting music, gonna shower, mow the grass, be productive so I can power through the day. 

Also, has anyone ever seen that low budget vampire movie with Henry Rollins, Alice Cooper, and Moby? It's pretty fucking awesome. These kids are in a band and want something to give them originality to get attention. So they all become vampires. It's called Suck. 

21 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Also, has anyone ever seen that low budget vampire movie with Henry Rollins, Alice Cooper, and Moby? It's pretty fucking awesome. These kids are in a band and want something to give them originality to get attention. So they all become vampires. It's called Suck. 

Yes, and I remember liking it a good bit. Is it on Netflix?

2 minutes ago, futures said:

hey friends. just got the worst phone call from my GI's office. i have autoimmune hepatitis :( i have no idea what to do and i'm really scared.

Sorry to hear this :(, don't mean to be ignorant but Ive never heard of it, is it controllable?

Morning everyone.

9 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Yes, and I remember liking it a good bit. Is it on Netflix?

Sorry to hear this :(, don't mean to be ignorant but Ive never heard of it, is it controllable?

Morning everyone.

I don't really know much at this point. The only treatment is steroids, which I am so upset about. I was on steroids for my 1st autoimmune disease (I now have 3) and it sucked so much. I am trying so hard to lose weight for my wedding but now that's not going to happen since the steroids make you gain and look like a chipmunk. There's no cure for it, I know that. Chances are I'll need a transplant in the years to come though. I just hope it's been caught early enough to avoid cirrhosis. Crossing my fingers that this is an acute case.

Edited by futures

22 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah. It's been all over the place. I've been sleeping from 10ish to 5pm. I don't really mind that much but I have no one to talk to that late so I've had too much thinking time, ya know? Haha. Plus it's oddly been messing up my eating habits. I haven't had a full meal in a week. Just been snacking and the occasional sandwich. So I'm blasting music, gonna shower, mow the grass, be productive so I can power through the day. 

Shitty, I've been there and know how annoying the sleep and food thing is. Hopefully you get back to normal here soon.

2 minutes ago, futures said:

hey friends. just got the worst phone call from my GI's office. i have autoimmune hepatitis :( i have no idea what to do and i'm really scared.

Wow, I'm sorry Aston. I can imagine that would be very scary and I honestly don't what to say really. However some quick research shows it is very manageable, so hopefully it will not affect your life at all. Try to stay positive!

Just now, Thomas³ said:

Shitty, I've been there and know how annoying the sleep and food thing is. Hopefully you get back to normal here soon.

Wow, I'm sorry Aston. I can imagine that would be very scary and I honestly don't what to say really. However some quick research shows it is very manageable, so hopefully it will not affect your life at all. Try to stay positive!

Thanks <3 I hope whatever treatment i have to do works quickly. I just ordered a bunch of liver supplements too in hopes that it can help curb the attack on it.

Morning guys..another glorious day of life begins. Starting it off right by going into work for 5-6 hours on my day off.

27 minutes ago, futures said:

That's terrible Ash. Hope things start to look up for you.

46 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I've heard good things about Suck.  There's another movie coming out that Rollins is going to be in called the Last Heist. Looks pretty good

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Yeahhh I agreed to this a few days ago of course. It'll be worth it though. Got paid double time for memorial day. Now another 6 hours of OT. Should be a massive check for the week.

Well, if you agreed to it that is different. I probably would too, with that Memorial Day OT. Just think of all the records you can blow all that money on!

Did you ever find a roommate?

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Well, if you agreed to it that is different. I probably would too, with that Memorial Day OT. Just think of all the records you can blow all that money on!

Did you ever find a roommate?

Ah yeah I did. A buddy that I work with will be moving in on the 15th this month. It's been a wonderful 2 months of living alone though haha.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice. Yeah, living alone is so much better if you can afford it. I imagine it's pretty hard out there though, unless you make a ton or live in a tiny shithole.

Luckily my place is pretty decent sized and pretty cheap. $900 for a 2 bedroom. It's a little steep alone but it was worth the extra money. Excited to only pay half of that soon haha.

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Nice. Yeah, living alone is so much better if you can afford it. I imagine it's pretty hard out there though, unless you make a ton or live in a tiny shithole.

Either that or live with your parents. Save that money, yo!

33+% 18-34 live with the rents. Thanks, economy / government.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/census-bureau-303-millennials-still-living-their-parents

No shame.

3 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Luckily my place is pretty decent sized and pretty cheap. $900 for a 2 bedroom. It's a little steep alone but it was worth the extra money. Excited to only pay half of that soon haha.

That's not too bad at all. $900 gets you about the same here, unless you go to shit areas of town where that'll get you a 5 bedroom house.

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Either that or live with your parents. Save that money, yo!

33+% 18-34 live with the rents. Thanks, economy / government.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/census-bureau-303-millennials-still-living-their-parents

No shame.

Saves a ton of money. I moved back home from 22-25 and saved so much. I'm surprised the number is that low with the way the economy/job market is.

On 6/1/2016 at 4:03 PM, Thomas³ said:

That's not too bad at all. $900 gets you about the same here, unless you go to shit areas of town where that'll get you a 5 bedroom house.

Saves a ton of money. I moved back home from 22-25 and saved so much. I'm surprised the number is that low with the way the economy/job market is.

I'm sure it's only going to grow.

Edited by Dave Grohl

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Ash, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I don't know any more about the disease than what's been discussed in this thread, but it doesn't sound fun :( Stay strong!

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

Sorry to hear ,that's terrible. Sending positive vibes, I wish you a speedy recovery

thank you both so much

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

As long as your Dad does not mind. My parents pushed me out the door again at 25, which is how I ended up with a house.

My Dad loves it. I get to help him with a lot of stuff. He reminds me often "I'm so glad I'm not your age" [referring to the current economic state].

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic