6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Nirvana's Greatest Hits 2XLP 200g 45RPM is only $15 on SRC. That's so damn tempting. 

Good luck with SRC.

Just spoke to the guy working on my table, and they are having issues getting it to keep speed no matter what they do. Hmm, he said he is going to try something else this wek before seeing if it needs any major surgery. Great. 

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Sorry guys, I was trying to stay somewhat civil in the Trump thread...but some turd name dropped Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand makes me see fucking red.

Outside of that guy I enjoyed the discussion because it was an actual dialog. I have a hard time arguing with Libertarians because I am a total empath and I feel like many of their arguments are "life is unfair, only the strong survive". But the world is full of opinions and it's ok to disagree as long as it's a constructive discussion

31 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Outside of that guy I enjoyed the discussion because it was an actual dialog. I have a hard time arguing with Libertarians because I am a total empath and I feel like many of their arguments are "life is unfair, only the strong survive". But the world is full of opinions and it's ok to disagree as long as it's a constructive discussion

As soon as Ayn Rand gets brought in to support someone's argument I have to just write that person off. Her ideas are truly fucking disgusting. She was also a miserable piece of shit human being.

Even if someone was like "Well in Mein Kampf..." I would have less of a visceral reaction. I legitimately hate Rand more than Hitler.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

As soon as Ayn Rand gets brought in to support someone's argument I have to just write that person off. Her ideas are truly fucking disgusting. She was also a miserable piece of shit human being.

Even if someone was like "Well in Mein Kampf..." I would have less of a visceral reaction. I legitimately hate Rand more than Hitler.

I've never read Atlas Shrugged or Fountainhead, but I am aware of her philosophies and I have seen how she did not practice what she preached and that most people who are influenced by those books are selfish, whiny man-children

5 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

OGs> reissues in most cases unless its a massive sonic improvement with the reissue. In the long run originals will hold their value especially with bands like SDRE. They might go down in price for a few years but in a decade it will be higher than it is today I think

Truth. The complete Red House Painters catalog getting repressed last year didn't do shit for the pricing of the OG's since you'll still be paying over $100 at least for a decent copy of Down Colorful Hill or Roller Coaster :( 

Just now, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Truth. The complete Red House Painters catalog getting repressed last year didn't do shit for the pricing of the OG's since you'll still be paying over $100 at least for a decent copy of Down Colorful Hill or Roller Coaster :( 

It really depends on the popularity level of the band, some people aren't content with reissues of bands they love. The more rabid fanbases and widely loved artists have higher prices on 1st pressing/special edition/blah blah blah. There is a lot of albums that a reissue will destroy it's value because supply is all that kept the price high, it's not beloved enough of an album that people have to have an original. I think all Koz stuff will always demand a high price for originals, pretty much any of the big 4AD artists that can be said of maybe not to the extent of him though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic