On 7/7/2016 at 11:54 AM, Boyoma said:

morning. It's taking awhile to get adjusted to the west coast time zone. I have been going to bed and waking up super early so maybe it's not all bad. Also has anyone watched the hulu show Difficult People? I've been laughing a lot with it.

I binged the whole first season last night. It's brilliant.

I'm sure it's quite a bit warmer out there, if it's the same as the weather in Omaha. I can live fine with fans, but the humidity today is bad. It's currently 82F in my house, according to the thermostat. It just started to storm really bad, which hopefully means a cold front, since it's supposed to cool off a bit tomorrow. The rain needs to stop though, so I can open my windows all the way again.

It was 89F, felt like 95F with ~60-80% humidity throughout the day.

Good morning, just got home from my trip last night. I'm exhausted even though all I did yesterday was drive and sit. Came home to a $28 check from wells fargo, some class action lawsuit. It's not much but it will pay for the "robbin' the hood" reissue I've been wanting. I know most of you hate Sublime but I grew up listening to them, and it's an important band to me and it's the only of the 3 studio albums I don't own already

6 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I hate Time Warner so seriously. Currently standing in line trying to get helped by some lady who has to be in her 60s who is typing with one finger and consulting a sheet of paper for instruction..... Fml

The ultimate nightmare of a customer. An inept employee.

13 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I hate Time Warner so seriously. Currently standing in line trying to get helped by some lady who has to be in her 60s who is typing with one finger and consulting a sheet of paper for instruction..... Fml

I wonder if any of the promised changes will actually take place when they finally change to Spectrum.

I'm pretty in love with Columbia, MO we looked at a couple houses but nothing that caught their eye. They have 3 record stores, I only got to check out one but the selection was decent, not a lot of indie label stuff but it looks like they carry Graveface at least. The prices were fair and the employees were cool, we chopped it up about record store life and they gave me a discount on the couple 7" I bought (original DK "Too Drunk To Fuck" picture sleeve with insert and an import of Veruca Salt "Seether" with an alternate b-side from the domestic version for my best friend it's his favorite band and he doesn't have that) paid under $20 with tax for both and they were priced $12 and $10 respectively. But the food is good, the microbrews are good, everyone is all smiles, pretty brick buildings, diverse dining options, live music in the streets (shakey graves was playing one night and yonder mountain string band the other). I think I could seriously see myself happy living there. I think my parents are at least going back in a month to try to find a house, it seems everything in their price range sells within a week so they probably need to take a trip just to focus on buying a house, my cousin and his family lives there so I already have someone to introduce me to people. Really looking forward to a transition there in the next few months

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

The ultimate nightmare of a customer. An inept employee.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I wonder if any of the promised changes will actually take place when they finally change to Spectrum.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with two different tiers of techs yesterday listening to them demand it was my router or cables even after having changed out the router and cables with working ones I just have sitting around. I swap out the modem this morning, BAM, instant internets... They talk to you like you just bought the computer and took it out of the box

Morning guys! Woke up sore as hell from a sweet bike accident I got into yesterday. Luckily not with a car but with another bike that made a turn and pulled right in front of me. I wiped out and cracked what would have been my head straight on the ground. Just some scrapes and bruises. Nothing too serious.

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with two different tiers of techs yesterday listening to them demand it was my router or cables even after having changed out the router and cables with working ones I just have sitting around. I swap out the modem this morning, BAM, instant internets... They talk to you like you just bought the computer and took it out of the box

TWC "tech support" is the worst. I know a lot of callers are morons and need to be walked through like children, but they treat everyone that way. I had to yell at them and tell them I do networking for my job for them to replace my modem last time. They also blamed my router. Eventually I just got my own modem.

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Morning guys! Woke up sore as hell from a sweet bike accident I got into yesterday. Luckily not with a car but with another bike that made a turn and pulled right in front of me. I wiped out and cracked what would have been my head straight on the ground. Just some scrapes and bruises. Nothing too serious.

Ouch. That does not sound fun.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

TWC "tech support" is the worst. I know a lot of callers are morons and need to be walked through like children, but they treat everyone that way. I had to yell at them and tell them I do networking for my job for them to replace my modem last time. They also blamed my router. Eventually I just got my own modem.

Now we have no home phone.... One thing's fixed another falls apart... I think that's how that Dead Kennedys song goes...

4 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Slow it down there Evil Kenevil! Glad you're not hurt seriously and super glad it wasn't a car!

18 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Nopeee. I also ride with straps on my pedals so my feet stay locked in so I can ride faster. Not ideal for being able to jump off a bike quickly when your feet are stuck.

Those always scared me, for that exact reason. Was the guy's name Dale? I can see my buddy doing something dumb like that.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Those always scared me, for that exact reason. Was the guy's name Dale? I can see my buddy doing something dumb like that.

Feet straps are very helpful for riding up in this hilly part of the world. And I didn't get his name haha. I was just like yeahh dude I'm fine just look behind you before you turn and hit someone. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic