1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning all. Nothing like some blood in your mouth when you brush your teeth to freak you out. I can't see where it was coming from. Oh well, I'm sure I just nicked my gum or something. How is everyone this Wednesday?

could just have gotten some plaque off and the floodgates opened

JUST BOUGHT MY CAPSIAN / APPLESEED CAST TICKETS!!! Taking my best friend with me, so I'm really stoked on that. He hasn't seen them live yet.

Tempted to buy a ticket for Philly as well since it's a month later.

Oct. 19 - Rollins // RVA

Oct. 21 - Rollins // Baltimore

Oct. 22 - Caspian // DC

6 minutes ago, deafening said:

Of course when I promise myself I would see Caspian next time they come through, they skip my city.

Happy hump day kids. Today is day 4 in the mountains and I have a gnarly sunburn on my head.

How far away is the closest city? They're skipping me, too, so it's an hour drive to DC. I think I'm gonna do the 4 hour drive to Philly as well.

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

Da faq you been homie! And yup, but it was finally at the redbox here...so glad I rented it

Work has me stressed to the breaking point and I'm legit upset and terrified by the state of the world. Took a partial internet break.

Did you notice the Nothing sticker on the band's van? I thought it was hilarious given the entry level punk stuff the characters were spouting.

However...

the Nazi Punks Fuck Off! cover was an awesome little joke. I almost cheered. Unrelated but I don't want more spoiler tags: Patrick Stewart hatefully saying "nigger" really shows how good of an actor is because I'm certain there's not a racist or hateful cell in his body

It's really a great film. Such a fun and tense little thriller. We need more movies like it and less "blockbuster" bullshit. Between this and Blue Ruin, I really love the director's use of brutal/graphic violence. Its never gratuitous but it's never sugar coated. Really adds a punch to his films without feeling exploitative. I hope he has a long career of being able to make the film's that he wants to make.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Work has me stressed to the breaking point and I'm legit upset and terrified by the state of the world. Took a partial internet break.

Did you notice the Nothing sticker on the band's van? I thought it was hilarious given the entry level punk stuff the characters were spouting.

However...

Reveal hidden contents

the Nazi Punks Fuck Off! cover was an awesome little joke. I almost cheered. Unrelated but I don't want more spoiler tags: Patrick Stewart hatefully saying "nigger" really shows how good of an actor is because I'm certain there's not a racist or hateful cell in his body

It's really a great film. Such a fun and tense little thriller. We need more movies like it and less "blockbuster" bullshit. Between this and Blue Ruin, I really love the director's use of brutal/graphic violence. Its never gratuitous but it's never sugar coated. Really adds a punch to his films without feeling exploitative. I hope he has a long career of being able to make the film's that he wants to make.

I totally called out that Nothing sticker in the theater.

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

I totally called out that Nothing sticker in the theater.

I whispered to my girlfriend "Thats the band I was talking about earlier! Their album comes out on Friday!" and she was like "...that's cool but also I don't care. Watch the movie."

7 minutes ago, deer said:

Taking a 2 hour train down to Manhattan tomorrow to pick up two August Burns Red records from someone who's liquidating. Stupendous prices so I couldn't pass up the deal. Excited and also kind of daunted because cities = big.

Two hour train down to Manhatten? You in Upstate NY?

I used to live a 5 minute walk from a train station where I'd have a 90 minute train ride to NYC and I still considered a show (or anything) in NYC to be a non-option because fuck that place. I ain't got time for that.

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Two hour train down to Manhatten? You in Upstate NY?

I used to live a 5 minute walk from a train station where I'd have a 90 minute train ride to NYC and I still considered a show (or anything) in NYC to be a non-option because fuck that place. I ain't got time for that.

CT, could be overestimating though. I might be thinking 2 hours by car, but there's a lot of stops, so it's probably a fair bit of time. Still worth it for me because of the dirt-cheap price the LPs are being offered at.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic