4 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I am new to TWIABP, but I saw them last night and they did a cover of The Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight" that was great.

I'd definitely want to see that, they jokingly played Amber by 311 for like a min after someone's amp caught on fire and they had to do some quick gear swaps to get the set back on track

Random question for anyone that can answer....

This morning I found an iPhone 6s on the side of the road. The screen is completely smashed. When I plug it into my computer, iTunes tells me "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “iPhone” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." Because of that, and the screen not working, I can't find any information that would lead me to the owner. If I take it to the Apple store, is there any way they could pull any info like an email or phone number? I'd like to get it back to the owner if possible. 

2 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Random question for anyone that can answer....

This morning I found an iPhone 6s on the side of the road. The screen is completely smashed. When I plug it into my computer, iTunes tells me "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone “iPhone” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." Because of that, and the screen not working, I can't find any information that would lead me to the owner. If I take it to the Apple store, is there any way they could pull any info like an email or phone number? I'd like to get it back to the owner if possible. 

Apple won't give you that info, but they will contact the owner.

29 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Apple won't give you that info, but they will contact the owner.

I figured as much. 

I ended up popping out the sim card to see who the carrier was. It was T-Mobile, so I popped it into my phone and an alert popped up with a new voicemail. I listened to it hoping it was the owner. Turns out it was just a family friend or something. I tried calling back the person that left the message but they didn't answer. I figured I'll just leave the sim card in a spare phone I've got and hope someone tries to get in contact so I can get a home phone/email/address from someone.

I'm seeing Fall of Troy Sunday and they said they'd meet me after the show to sign my original press of Doppelganger. Does anyone else need something signed? Or tour merch?

I know a few of you have mentioned that you used to have the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya bluray, so I figured I'd ask about this too. Probably not, but fuck it, I've been looking for a while and kinda want to rewatch it. Anyone have the season two bluray of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (baka and test)? For some reason they kept S1 bluray in print but S2 is only on DVD on that awful SAVE line that Funi is doing.

57 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Got my wisdom teeth out today. Thankfully it was only two of them and they were already out, but dang. Laying around gets pretty boring. Especially since I am back at my parents house and there are so many pokemon around.

Be sure to ice like they tell you to. I didn't swell for a day or two, so I didn't think I needed it. A week later I was still swollen and in pain. Shit sucked. 

57 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Got my wisdom teeth out today. Thankfully it was only two of them and they were already out, but dang. Laying around gets pretty boring. Especially since I am back at my parents house and there are so many pokemon around.

Don't do what I did when I got my wisdom teeth out. I went to a hardcore show the next day and got punched in the face. Dry socket is bullshit. 4 dry sockets is hell.

53 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Be sure to ice like they tell you to. I didn't swell for a day or two, so I didn't think I needed it. A week later I was still swollen and in pain. Shit sucked. 

Damn, good to know. Thank you. I will

53 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Don't do what I did when I got my wisdom teeth out. I went to a hardcore show the next day and got punched in the face. Dry socket is bullshit. 4 dry sockets is hell.

Yeah I'm really worried about dry socket. But I won't be doing any crazy activity 

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Hey @Thomas³ were you able to get ahold of whoever about that ITTCT record? I'm drunk and listening to them right now, so I just remembered it!

I emailed Mike, but got no response so far. I'll try again in a few days. Hopefully he has a copy for you. I still feel bad I said I'd get it and didn't :(.

eBay rant:

I purchased a guitar pedal on July 4th; paid immediately.

Tracking info was uploaded on July 6th, which [still] says "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

A second tracking number was uploaded on July 8th, which also [still] says "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

A THIRD tracking number was uploaded on July 10th, which said a label was created, and on July 15th was actually tendered to Fed Ex.

I also got an email from the seller on July 10th, stating "I have your pedal going out Tuesday (tomorrow). Rest assured it is almost perfect in its appearance and flawless in its sound output. The shipping methods I carry out are generally two days time as a rule."

It's bullshit that sellers can put in fake tracking numbers to stay good in the eyes of eBay. Taking 11 days to ship is far form acceptable in my mind, when the auction stated 2 days shipping time.

[/end rant]

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

28 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

eBay rant:

I purchased a guitar pedal on July 4th; paid immediately.

Tracking info was uploaded on July 6th, which [still] says "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

A second tracking number was uploaded on July 8th, which also [still] says "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier."

A THIRD tracking number was uploaded on July 10th, which said a label was created, and on July 15th was actually tendered to Fed Ex.

I also got an email from the seller on July 10th, stating "I have your pedal going out Tuesday (tomorrow). Rest assured it is almost perfect in its appearance and flawless in its sound output. The shipping methods I carry out are generally two days time as a rule."

It's bullshit that sellers can put in fake tracking numbers to stay good in the eyes of eBay. Taking 11 days to ship is far form acceptable in my mind, when the auction stated 2 days shipping time.

[/end rant]

As someone who is terrible at making it to the post office, I get it. I've taken longer than 11 days before (I didn't have a car and my girlfriend was working 15 hour days). However, providing fake tracking numbers is some seriously unacceptable bullshit.

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Apparently yesterday when I angrily pushed my way through a crowd of people so I could get some tacos I was walking through a Gin Blossoms show.

If I'd have known I would have stuck around for Hey Jealousy.

They're still a thing? Didn't a key member die?

They have one of the guitars used to record/tour NME (pretty sure it was that album) at the Musical Instrument Museum out here. I may or may not have leaned over the railing and touched it... They're local so we've got a bit of a circlejerk with them going on out here. Wish we'd get some vinyl (re)issues :c

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Man, my anxiety has not been kind the last few days. I've been freaking out and having panic attacks. I don't like it. It's making me a bit worried for my solo flight next weekend. Trying my best to ignore it though.

Flying is safer than driving... 

Keep saying that to yourself

24 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Flying is safer than driving... 

Keep saying that to yourself

It's not the fly that bothers me, it's the entire airport annoyance. I hope it does not turn out like last time, where 2 flies were delayed 4+ hours. I don't feel like sitting at O'hare again for 5 hours.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic