1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

The best was the first robbery at my bank. It happened a week after they opened, and it was in the middle of winter. Guy with a note, who took off running when he got the money. The cops followed his foot prints in the snow to a house around the corner. People are dumb.

That's classic Looney Tunes kinda funny right there lol

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

What's the fixie do, compared to a normal bike? I know the chain is not free when you peddle backwards, but what is the advantages of it?

I no longer have a free wheel. Meaning I can't coast any longer. My pedals move with the wheel now. So the only way to slow down is to slow my legs down. Really makes you feel one with the bike and the road. But still a little scary haha. We shall see how this goes. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I no longer have a free wheel. Meaning I can't coast any longer. My pedals move with the wheel now. So the only way to slow down is to slow my legs down. Really makes you feel one with the bike and the road. But still a little scary haha. We shall see how this goes. 

That'd feel really weird, and be much more of a workout I bet.

9 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

All I can think is with all that extra leg work standing after a long ride will take some time to get used to since any rest period is eliminated

4 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Sure is. Just need to retrain my brain to go slower down the massive hills here and use my brake a lot more. I don't know how my roommate rides without brakes. He's fucking crazy though. 

I'm sure it's not easy, but using back force would slow you down right? A lot of BMXers don't use brakes, but they don't usually ride around like you guys do.

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

All I can think is with all that extra leg work standing after a long ride will take some time to get used to since any rest period is eliminated

Yeah, it's feel weird for your legs to be still after constantly moving. It's like jumping a trampoline for a while, then standing on the ground (or more fun trying to jump pn solid ground).

I don't understand why there are so many shootings and murders in a town my size. The last 2 weeks there have been 2 killings at 2 vigils for prior shooting victims. It's insane. There is a shooting or murder pretty much everyday. There are only 200k in this town, there should not be that many killings.

44 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Hey. I know some of you guys are fans of and have ordered from Broken World Media. Any idea how long it takes them to ship out something that's already released and on hand? So not a pre-order. I ordered two 7"s almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

never had any issues the couple times ive used them, could be cause derrick is on tour but I would think they have other people working for them by now

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Hey. I know some of you guys are fans of and have ordered from Broken World Media. Any idea how long it takes them to ship out something that's already released and on hand? So not a pre-order. I ordered two 7"s almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

They're dealing with a bunch of preorders shipping right now. It's not unheard of for them to to take a minute to ship things. With Derrick and TWIABP on tour I think they just have one guy running it.

Been ordering from them since before they were officially BWM. Once had a pre-order slip through the cracks and they made it right fairly quickly. Received an order missing an item twice and they fixed it quickly as well. Not sure their current customer service email address, but check their store for it and hit them up. I back them 100%.

I'd also recommend picking up their grab bag bundles. I've gotten $20 2xLPs for $5 that way.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

9 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I've been ok the past few days... hopefully it stays that way.

Damn, that's a long time without sleep :(.

8 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

woah, whatever youre doing, do something different!

Morning Jason

9 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I've been ok the past few days... hopefully it stays that way.

Damn, that's a long time without sleep :(.

Not my record (124 hours straight)... but horrible insomniac,  just going through a cycle.

Worst part is that I am not even tired at 61 hours. Hoping that changes 4 hours from now. 

1 hour ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Not my record (124 hours straight)... but horrible insomniac,  just going through a cycle.

Worst part is that I am not even tired at 61 hours. Hoping that changes 4 hours from now. 

Woah, that's a long time. Hoping you can get some sleep tonight dude

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Woah, that's a long time. Hoping you can get some sleep tonight dude

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Damn Ghost, that is insane to go that long without sleep. I've had weeks where I got like 48 hours without sleep, then only get an hour or two the next few nights, and they kill me. I don't know how it's possible to go that long without. Hoping you can get some sleep!

Thanks guys... still not tired. Roughly 65 hours at this point... 

We shall see.

I don't mind spiders, except when they are in my bed. A little wolf spider just ran across my bed, and when I went to crush him, I lost him. Now I'm no longer tired and searching for it. It's really bothering me. It must be the fucker that bit my arm up the other night. He shall die, if he shows himself again. 

Edited by Thomas³

20 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't mind spiders, except when they are in my bed. A little wolf spider just ran across my bed, and when I went to crush him, I lost him. Now I'm no longer tired and searching for it. It's really bothering me. It must be the fucker that bit my arm up the other night. He shall die, if he shows himself again. 

Nope nope nope nope nope nope. Forever nope. Nope forever.

I didn't use the bathroom in one of my apartments for a week and a half because I saw a wolf spider. My clothes were in the dryer (which was in the bathroom) and my one roommate complained and I was like "You can throw them on the floor in the kitchen or set them on fire. I don't care. That fucker was in between the washer and dryer. Enjoy being murdered by it."

If a spider is bigger than a quarter I have a panic attack. This thing was bigger than my fist.

So after basically managing my department for a year and literally managing it for the last two months, the company has left me hanging about the position for the last two weeks after finally officially interviewing me for it.

Our sales are up over 100%. Everyone in the department and every manager NOT involved in actually giving me the position agrees it would be insane not to give me the job. They've got one more week before I stop doing the job they won't give me and go back to just doing the job they pay me to do.

They don't seem to understand the amount of shit that gets done only because I say "Hey, can you do [x]? For me. Please." It sounds like egotistical bullshit, but my coworkers will do shit specifically for me. Like, our old supervisor saying "Do this or I'll write you up" was 100x less effective than me saying "Hey, do me a favor..."

I'm an abrasive dick who responds hostily to authority, but I give a shit about my department and my coworkers. I'm also perfect for managing a crew of 21 year olds who dont give a shit about their job because I'll always be a 21 year old who doesn't give a shit.

14 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

So after basically managing my department for a year and literally managing it for the last two months, the company has left me hanging about the position for the last two weeks after finally officially interviewing me for it.

Our sales are up over 100%. Everyone in the department and every manager NOT involved in actually giving me the position agrees it would be insane not to give me the job. They've got one more week before I stop doing the job they won't give me and go back to just doing the job they pay me to do.

They don't seem to understand the amount of shit that gets done only because I say "Hey, can you do [x]? For me. Please." It sounds like egotistical bullshit, but my coworkers will do shit specifically for me. Like, our old supervisor saying "Do this or I'll write you up" was 100x less effective than me saying "Hey, do me a favor..."

I'm an abrasive dick who responds hostily to authority, but I give a shit about my department and my coworkers. I'm also perfect for managing a crew of 21 year olds who dont give a shit about their job because I'll always be a 21 year old who doesn't give a shit.

Companies are shitty dude. Best of luck to you. 

Did you still want those HT codes?

1 hour ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Companies are shitty dude. Best of luck to you. 

Did you still want those HT codes?

I'm well acquainted with shitty corporate structures. I just needed to rant. There's no use ranting to anyone I work with because they're all on the same page as me. My girlfriend is just like "Yeah, I know. You should have demanded the position months and months ago"

If you got the hookup on HT codes, I would be very appreciative.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm well acquainted with shitty corporate structures. I just needed to rant. There's no use ranting to anyone I work with because they're all on the same page as me. My girlfriend is just like "Yeah, I know. You should have demanded the position months and months ago"

If you got the hookup on HT codes, I would be very appreciative.

I'm unpacking my room again so when I find the box I stuck them in I'll shoot you a PM. We're moving and got the carpets replaced today so I had to move everything. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic