18 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

i had one fitted. by my dentist. it was less than $125. they can do it for that price and i recommend it. i had cracked a molar and worn them down and had same issues as you. they last forever. shop around. 

I'll have to look into it. Woke up in pain again today.

The Get Up Kids are here tonight and I can't find anyone to go :(. Guess it might be my first show alone.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I'll have to look into it. Woke up in pain again today.

The Get Up Kids are here tonight and I can't find anyone to go :(. Guess it might be my first show alone.

I've noticed more & more recently that I clench my teeth from anxiety as well and should probably look into a mouth guard like you T. And shows alone aren't a total loss, they become special to you as something you got to do and didn't have to share that moment with anyone else. I have a few of those in my memory bank. 

PS: Still no power.....

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

11 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I've noticed more & more recently that I clench my teeth from anxiety as well and should probably look into a mouth like you T. And shows alone aren't a total loss, they become special to you as something you got to do and didn't have to share that moment with anyone else. I have a few of those in my memory bank. 

PS: Still no power.....

I'll see how I feel after work about it. I'm hoping to go, but I probably won't. My anxiety certainly does it. I have a lot going on right now and it's making my brain never stop.

Still no power, that sucks. Did they give any kind of estimate on fixing it for you? Didn't you say there is power down the street? Hoping it's back on for you today.

Edited by Thomas³

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'll see how I feel after work about it. I'm hoping to go, but I probably won't. My anxiety certainly does it. I have a lot going on right now and it's making my brain never stop.

Still no power, that sucks. Did they give any kind of estimate on fixing it for you? Didn't you say there is power down the street?

Yea I've noticed how tense I am lately and this huge power outage is not helping. A friend showed my pictures of a ton of damage around town last night. One was of a house with 2 trees laying on it from 2 directions. Power company is saying possibly Sunday before we get lights. And yea, there are lights all around. Friend that showed me the damage pics says the neighbor hood across the street from his has power, but he doesn't. This is crazy...

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Yea I've noticed how tense I am lately and this huge power outage is not helping. A friend showed my pictures of a ton of damage around town last night. One was of a house with 2 trees laying on it from 2 directions. Power company is saying possibly Sunday before we get lights. And yea, there are lights all around. Friend that showed me the damage pics says the neighbor hood across the street from his has power, but he doesn't. This is crazy...

Damn, at least you're alright. That's a long time to be without power though. Power grids are odd. In high school something happened and a lot of town lost power, and my parent's power was restored in a few hours while my friend's parents (1 block over) took over a week. Hopefully you'll get a nice surprise, and it'll be back on today!

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Power grids are odd

Understatement of the century Lol. Two stop lights have power, the third doesn't. Burger King I can see from my house has a line wrapped around the building, no power here... Walmart has power, there exit stop light doesn't... I couldn't be MORE confused... 

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

If it makes you feel any better, I drove from Philly to Rhode Island (5 hours) to see them Saturday night, stayed up in Mass. for the night and then drove 4 hours back south to see them in Jersey City on Sunday night, before having another 2 hour drive home... did all of this alone.

To sum it up; DO IT!

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Understatement of the century Lol. Two stop lights have power, the third doesn't. Burger King I can see from my house has a line wrapped around the building, no power here... Walmart has power, there exit stop doesn't... I couldn't be MORE confused... 

Haha, that is quite bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

If it makes you feel any better, I drove from Philly to Rhode Island (5 hours) to see them Saturday night, stayed up in Mass. for the night and then drove 4 hours back south to see them in Jersey City on Sunday night, before having another 2 hour drive home... did all of this alone.

To sum it up; DO IT!

I do want to snag a copy of Guilt Show on vinyl, so hopefully they still have some. It's only like 5 minutes from my house too.... I'll probably go, even though it's going to be a late night since the show starts at 8.

Edited by Thomas³

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I do want to snag a copy of Guilt Show on vinyl, so hopefully they still have some. It's only like 5 minutes from my house too.... I'll probably go, even though it's going to be a late night since the show starts at 8, so I'm sure GUK won't be on until 10ish.

I have a feeling the run isn't too limited, so you should be good. And yeah, with 2 openers they would be going on at 10. I will also add (sorry to any of their fans..) Brick + Mortar is not what I expected and not a band I ever want to see live again.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

4 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

I have a feeling the run isn't too limited, so you should be good. And yeah, with 2 openers they would be going on at 10. I will also add (sorry to any of their fans..) Brick + Mortar is not what I expected and not a band I ever want to see live again.

I have no interest in the other 2 bands, just want to see GUK.

5 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I've gone to a bunch of shows alone and a bunch with others, I like going with others more as long as I can talk to them and stuff

It is a loud room. Don't have any friends too too into music so I'd either have to drag someone along or go alone. Plus that way I can tear up the pit with no worries about either a) babysitting a friend who doesn't want to be there or B) smacking them in the face on accident

goddamnit B)

stop making faces

b )

Edited by Holo

So how often  do y'all consider (if at all) giving up record collecting? I still consistently buy new records and listen to them, but I'm quickly realizing that I'm running out of room in my college apartment and I would hate to dump my collection at home and forget about it for a while. I'm also starting to consistently catch myself going after releases with low pressing numbers rather than by my favorite looking variant, so I'm unsure if I'm even doing this for the right reasons anymore. I know VC would love to pick up some of the releases I've worked so hard to track down, but going through and cataloging everything for a sale thread then going about actually selling everything I own sounds miserably tasking and heartbreaking at the same time.

I'm probably just bored with myself right now, or idk. How's everyone doing tonight?

Edited by EGsynergy

8 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

So how often  do y'all consider (if at all) giving up record collecting? I still consistently buy new records and listen to them, but I'm quickly realizing that I'm running out of room in my college apartment and I would hate to dump my collection at home and forget about it for a while. I'm also starting to consistently catch myself going after releases with low pressing numbers rather than by my favorite looking variant, so I'm unsure if I'm even doing this for the right reasons anymore. I know VC would love to pick up some of the releases I've worked so hard to track down, but going through and cataloging everything for a sale thread then going about actually selling everything I own sounds miserably tasking and heartbreaking at the same time.

I'm probably just bored with myself right now, or idk. How's everyone doing tonight?

As long as you still enjoy listening to records, I'd say keep going. Even if you take a small hiatus, don't sell them off...you'll probably never get into them again. That's what happened to me with Magic: the Gathering.

If you have to store some you listen to less at your parents' house, do it! My collection was getting slightly too large for my old place. Luckily we bought a house and I have room to grow now.

To answer your question though...I pretty regularly consider getting out of the game. Then I remember my M:tG blunder.

edit: I've cut back on what I buy though.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

This is the key. I regularly go through my collection and sell of records that I don't listen to often, or that were just impulse purchases, or things I bought just because they were cheap. 

I've realized that for me, the best record collection is going to be a smaller collection made up of my absolute favorite albums, rather than hoarding every record I can from every band I've ever listened to. 

Quality over quantity. 

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

To answer your question though...I pretty regularly consider getting out of the game. Then I remember my M:tG blunder.

I've cut back on what I buy, but I'm thinking that I should definitely downsize on records I have multiple variants of or that I only bought out of impulse. I guess I'm just fairly disgusted with myself for trying to play catch up on several months of records and paying flipper prices for the rarest variants of each.

12 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

I've realized that for me, the best record collection is going to be a smaller collection made up of my absolute favorite albums, rather than hoarding every record I can from every band I've ever listened to. 

Quality over quantity. 

this seems like the best way to do it

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Have you recently gotten back into magic but can't find the rarer of the things you sold? this is what I'm afraid of. I have some tapes and records I haven't touched in forever but I know that if I got rid of them there's no chance I'd ever find them again (it was a miracle I found some of the things I have to begin with).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic