6 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

I've cut back on what I buy, but I'm thinking that I should definitely downsize on records I have multiple variants of or that I only bought out of impulse. I guess I'm just fairly disgusted with myself for trying to play catch up on several months of records and paying flipper prices for the rarest variants of each.

The way I've always done it has been an "If I manage to catch a drop and grab the rarest variant, dope. If not, just go with whatever I can easily get" approach. This has led me to impulse buy multiple variants because I couldn't decide what color I liked more though. I never get too serious about variant collecting. I have multiple variants mostly because I really love the band/album.

Although, I recently completed a full collection, including test press, of the newest Saddest Landscape album. The test press was the only one I paid more than retail for...not that a TP has a retail price, but you know what I mean.

1 minute ago, EGsynergy said:

Have you recently gotten back into magic but can't find the rarer of the things you sold? this is what I'm afraid of. I have some tapes and records I haven't touched in forever but I know that if I got rid of them there's no chance I'd ever find them again (it was a miracle I found some of the things I have to begin with).

I definitely have a lot of records that I hold onto because of this.

1 minute ago, EGsynergy said:

Have you recently gotten back into magic but can't find the rarer of the things you sold? this is what I'm afraid of. I have some tapes and records I haven't touched in forever but I know that if I got rid of them there's no chance I'd ever find them again (it was a miracle I found some of the things I have to begin with).

I haven't gotten into Magic again because of the expense of getting back in to a point even close to where I was before. I could probably get back where I was for a couple grand...but I feel weird dropping even a couple hundo on cards and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The way I've always done it has been an "If I manage to catch a drop and grab the rarest variant, dope. If not, just go with whatever I can easily get" approach. This has led me to impulse buy multiple variants because I couldn't decide what color I liked more though.

This is something I struggled with, which is why I started sgoing after the rarest variant for releases :lol:

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I haven't gotten into Magic again because of the expense of getting back in to a point even close to where I was before. I could probably get back where I was for a couple grand...but I feel weird dropping even a couple hundo on cards and stuff.

I just go to my buddy's place and use his decks. Haha.

Morning all. At the last minute I said fuck it and went to the GUK show. I'm glad I did, because they were really damn good. I really enjoyed myself, which I need right now. The first opener was a local band, kinda generic 2006ish music, and Brick and Mortar were terrible. No way anyone likes that sort of music. At least they had a semi-decent stage presence, but the laptop "player" was way over the top and annoying.

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

@Thomas³ I'm glad you went (and had a good time!). And hey, I tried to warn you about Brick + Mortar ha

You did. I wish I went later, and missed both openers. Oh well. It was pretty much empty until GUK went on, then the place got packed. I just stood in the back against a wall (small venue) to alleviate my anxiety. GUK made it all go away though. Grabbed a Guilt Show too, but didn't have enough money to help anyone else out :(.

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The thing that has always kept me out of that is that the cards rotate out :/

11 hours ago, EGsynergy said:

This is what's been keeping me from doing a proper sale to finally fundraise for a car.  Even if it is something that I don't listen to all the time, I spent a lot of energy tracking it down and it is something I doubt I will ever find at a price I am willing to pay again. Think I am finally going to do it today and just set up a giant set sale holding almost nothing back. It will be awful having to take all that shit to the PO, but I need a car and can't keep missing shit or bumming rides.

4 minutes ago, Holo said:

This is what's been keeping me from doing a proper sale to finally fundraise for a car.  Even if it is something that I don't listen to all the time, I spent a lot of energy tracking it down and it is something I doubt I will ever find at a price I am willing to pay again. Think I am finally going to do it today and just set up a giant set sale holding almost nothing back. It will be awful having to take all that shit to the PO, but I need a car and can't keep missing shit or bumming rides.

they have unrestricted but it's BS and mostly the early sets, they started roatating sets in hearthstone which I'm glad for actually cause gnomes vs goblins cards are so broken, naxxramus had a few annoying cards too

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

they have unrestricted but it's BS and mostly the early sets, they started roatating sets in hearthstone which I'm glad for actually cause gnomes vs goblins cards are so broken, naxxramus had a few annoying cards too

I'll just stick to my Bushiroad garbage. Really like the mechanics even though it's really drastically different than anything else I have played.

never tried it, most unusual card games ive played are DBZ and legend of the 5 rings

Hard 50 card limit, no loss on deck out, and every action in the game (damage, etc.) is done out of the deck. At first it seems really dumb and RNG-y (not that you'd care you fucking Hearthstone pleb <3) but it's actually pretty damn interesting and has a lot of things you wouldn't normally consider since it plays so differently.

http://ws-tcg.com/en/images/WSEN_MM_W17_BP_RULES.pdf

never tried it, most unusual card games ive played are DBZ and legend of the 5 rings

Hard 50 card limit, no loss on deck out, and every action in the game (damage, etc.) is done out of the deck. At first it seems really dumb and RNG-y (not that you'd care you fucking Hearthstone pleb <3) but it's actually pretty damn interesting and has a lot of things you wouldn't normally consider since it plays so differently.

http://ws-tcg.com/en/images/WSEN_MM_W17_BP_RULES.pdf

4 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. Glad to hear you went the show T3! And by all this talk of how awful Brick + Mortar, I'm curious as to what kind of freak show it really is Lol. Also, still no power.....

Damn, that sucks Jason. Hopefully today! I'd be bored out of my mind with no power for that long :p.

33 minutes ago, Holo said:

You can play formats that don't rotate, the cost of entry at that point is a little higher though.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You can play formats that don't rotate, the cost of entry at that point is a little higher though.

Mehhh, at this point I can really only afford one card game to be actively playing. Plus with what I am currently playing I know a guy who works at a huge distro and get a crazy deal on sealed boxes.

21 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning all. Glad to hear you went the show T3! And by all this talk of how awful Brick + Mortar, I'm curious as to what kind of freak show it really is Lol. Also, still no power.....

I took two videos to show a friend what I was dealing with.. I'll upload those so you can somewhat understand.

56 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I won one of those dumb fitbits at work lat week, and I don't want it. Would it be shitty of me to sell it, or should i give it back? They go for like $130! The funny thing is they asked me if I'd use it when they gave it to me.

I'll give you treefiddy. Or $25 in random used up giftcards. lol

Edited by THE_James_Champ

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I won one of those dumb fitbits at work lat week, and I don't want it. Would it be shitty of me to sell it, or should i give it back? They go for like $130! The funny thing is they asked me if I'd use it when they gave it to me.

my fitbit is sitting in my drawer and the battery is dead, I found it kind of interesting to check my resting heart rate after a work out, but it didn't really motivate me. I don't really like to be connected when I exercise, I generally leave my cell phone. My sister got it for me as a christmas present and I used it out of guilt

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic