7 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

New material or is it the Comeback Kid set?

New material. Typically once a comedian releases a special they're done touring with that set.

The show in my city is one of the last on the first leg of the tour, so my guess is he'll tour into the fall and the special will drop in the winter. Probably on Netflix.

17 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

New material. Typically once a comedian releases a special they're done touring with that set.

The show in my city is one of the last on the first leg of the tour, so my guess is he'll tour into the fall and the special will drop in the winter. Probably on Netflix.

Based on the dates released, it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it to any of 'em. Drat. Enjoy the show!

Woohoo, day is off to a great start. Go to leave for school today and the car sputters starting and my check engine light comes on. Park on campus and the engine fan is still going for a solid ten minutes. Smelled like it was burning more gas than it should have been too. Of fucking course I can't find the engine temperature gauge because there isn't one physically on the car and I have no clue where it is in the menu. Made a call to have it fixed and of course ended up late to first hour. Sat down in first hour and realized I left my headphones in the car. I basically have four study hall block periods today.

Texted my dad, after some back and forth we got

"didn't you have this USED CAR checked out by an independent mechanic before we bought it? You didn't let me be there for the deal so I just assumed you did"

"why would I do that?"

"this. this is why you would do that"

he sold cars for ten fucking years what the actual fuck. If anything else goes wrong this period I am legit just leaving campus and going home no fucks given.

43 minutes ago, Holo said:

Woohoo, day is off to a great start. Go to leave for school today and the car sputters starting and my check engine light comes on. Park on campus and the engine fan is still going for a solid ten minutes. Smelled like it was burning more gas than it should have been too. Of fucking course I can't find the engine temperature gauge because there isn't one physically on the car and I have no clue where it is in the menu. Made a call to have it fixed and of course ended up late to first hour. Sat down in first hour and realized I left my headphones in the car. I basically have four study hall block periods today.

Texted my dad, after some back and forth we got

"didn't you have this USED CAR checked out by an independent mechanic before we bought it? You didn't let me be there for the deal so I just assumed you did"

"why would I do that?"

"this. this is why you would do that"

he sold cars for ten fucking years what the actual fuck. If anything else goes wrong this period I am legit just leaving campus and going home no fucks given.

I would leave anyway

29 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Jesus Christ...who the fuck doesn't help their kid with their first car purchase?

No, he helped me run the deal because I am not legally allowed to sign. He was just a dumbass about doing it and apparently couldn't be fucked to do it properly. I'd have taken it to a mechanic myself if I knew he wouldn't bother. I mean, it's a used car of course you do that before buying jesus fucking christ.

On the bright side I just got a test back I was 99% sure I failed and I got an 85% on it so that's not shitty today I guess.

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't know what I was hoping for, but the new Mastodon album fucking riiiiips. Still not as good as Leviathan, or Remission...but damn good.

Is it anything like their last few albums? I only heard one or two songs off of each, but they were terrible. I think the last one I listened to all the way through was Crack the Skye.

I don't have to work for the next 10 days and I am so excited.

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Is it anything like their last few albums? I only heard one or two songs off of each, but they were terrible. I think the last one I listened to all the way through was Crack the Skye.

I think Crack the Skye is the last very good Mastodon album (Blood Mountain would be their last great one imo).  I've enjoyed everything since, but I don't find myself getting excited over them anymore.  Wouldn't say your necessary missing much with the last few, but there are some good songs on both.

31 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't have to work for the next 10 days and I am so excited.

I'd say it's more of a cross between Crack the Skye and Blood Mountain. It's solid, and way better than either of the last two turds.

7 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I think Crack the Skye is the last very good Mastodon album (Blood Mountain would be their last great one imo).  I've enjoyed everything since, but I don't find myself getting excited over them anymore.  Wouldn't say your necessary missing much with the last few, but there are some good songs on both.

Agreed. Emperor of Sands is super solid. I didn't get excited about it until I gave it a listen tonight.

23 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I like Leviathan through crack the skye but the current pressings are lacking and I don't want to shell out for the 45 rpm versions, I'm curious to hear it but I wasn't really into the last 2

I have the 45 of Blood Mountain and it sounds fantastic.  Leviathan is in dire need of that treatment.  I would probably buy a copy of the 45RPM Crack the Skye if they ever repressed it, but yeah, those current value of a used copy is way more than I want to spend.

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Agreed. Emperor of Sands is super solid. I didn't get excited about it until I gave it a listen tonight.

Seeing the positive posts in the thread for it did pique my interest significantly.

Hmmm if Emperor Of Sand is getting the thumbs up from people who disliked the last two I'll definitely give it a stream and go from there. My expectations will remain low though because my interest dropped off earlier than most with them as I hated the melodic vocals on Crack The Skye (sounds like the guy has stuck a freaking peg on his nose IMO).

Had a great time drinking with a friend of mine who I don't see much (had a kid ~8 months ago, so she's pretty busy).  Only problem was I kind of feel like I ruined my whole weekend,  since I've been bumming around the house with a hangover all day today.  Seeing Deafheaven, Emma Ruth Rundle and This Will Destroy You tonight.  Such a solid lineup.

14 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

My NOLA trip is almost coming to a close. I think I've been drunk for over a week. I don't want to go home. 

That's how I feel when I visit my brother.  I usually get some post-trip blues afterwards too.

Edit : It's usually a strong week of drinking too, haha.

Edited by jonrawks

17 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Had a great time drinking with a friend of mine who I don't see much (had a kid ~8 months ago, so she's pretty busy).  Only problem was I kind of feel like I ruined my whole weekend,  since I've been bumming around the house with a hangover all day today.  Seeing Deafheaven, Emma Ruth Rundle and This Will Destroy You tonight.  Such a solid lineup.

Hey. I was there too. 

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Hey. I was there too. 

What'd you think of Neumos?  They just did a remodel and I'm not sure if I like what they did to the upstairs.  Downstairs is about the same.  Also, show was real good all around.  It was cool to see Deafheaven do that CODY cover.

Well, didn't get the job in Seattle or Vancouver, and probably turning down the Denver one due to the low-ball offer. Rough weekend

Anyone need a live-in veg. cook/dog walker/sassy best friend? Hmu

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My vacation started on Friday. I've been sick as fuck since Friday. Because obviously.

:( Hope you feel better asap! Get those vitamins and sleep in.

8 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Well, didn't get the job in Seattle or Vancouver, and probably turning down the Denver one due to the low-ball offer. Rough weekend

Anyone need a live-in veg. cook/dog walker/sassy best friend? Hmu

That's a bummer.  Keep at it, something'll show up!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic