I quit about a week ago, I will not officially start drinking again until Dec 15th, 2013.  It's all for a book I'm attempting to write which will focus on the actions, decisions, and finances of a social twenty something. 

You can go to a show that you know people will drink at for research. You can also look at your health improvements from not drinking.

You can go to a show that you know people will drink at for research. You can also look at your health improvements from not drinking.

Well, I'm positioning it more as a humor book; therefore I need to watch the dumb shit people do, I need to see the pointless flirting, shots, one night stands, etc, etc. 

God, I really hope you're joking. 

I always wondered if I offended or annoyed my straight edge instagram followers by my booze posts. I wonder the same about people who post a ton of food (meat) with veg/vegan followers. Hmm.

I went 14 months when I was in Iraq. Honestly, I didn't miss the booze. I haven't gone a day without a drink in six months now. Today, a lady-friend of mine goes on meds that inhibit her from drinking, due to liver complications, and I'm going to use her sobriety as an excuse to curtail my drinking. I'm not going to stop (I'm really into beer and beer-brewing) but I am going to stop drinking to excess for a while.

Ahhhhhh, small talk.

my entire family is in AA. well, a few uncles, aunts and parents so i have to hide my drinking...obvi. for the longest time i would hide my FB pics of me with drinks with respect to them.

i have since quit and it was easier than when i quit smoking.

i wish i still smoked. god i miss that.

yes, Ronnie, I was just being a jerk!

I do not drink or smoke or anything, but I couldn't care less what other people do and I never let them ruin my time.  I do think what you're doing is really cool though.

@Madie, to me, it doesn't bother me, but I feel the same way towards the pictures I see when people post their fast food on instagram . Cool, you got a big mac.

god i wish i could quit smoking. everytime i make progress it goes out the window with a drunken blur.

it took me a long time and i wish you well.

i avoided bars and alcohol as much as i could since im super weak with addiction.

i tried chantix, but i had an allergic reaction and nearly died choking on my tongue.

VERY cliche, but you have to want to quit...not half ass want to, but srsly get mad enough to say fuck it.

once youve finally decided, the only thing that worked for me was the patch. i didnt believe at first but needed to stop.

worked like a champ. i also downloaded an app that showed me how much money i was saving per day/week/month/year.

yes, Ronnie, I was just being a jerk!

I do not drink or smoke or anything, but I couldn't care less what other people do and I never let them ruin my time.  I do think what you're doing is really cool though.

@Madie, to me, it doesn't bother me, but I feel the same way towards the pictures I see when people post their fast food on instagram . Cool, you got a big mac.

Like a lot of older drinkers, I have a straight edge tattoo, ha.  Guess I didn't stand by that conviction. 

it took me a long time and i wish you well.

i avoided bars and alcohol as much as i could since im super weak with addiction.

i tried chantix, but i had an allergic reaction and nearly died choking on my tongue.

VERY cliche, but you have to want to quit...not half ass want to, but srsly get mad enough to say fuck it.

once youve finally decided, the only thing that worked for me was the patch. i didnt believe at first but needed to stop.

worked like a champ. i also downloaded an app that showed me how much money i was saving per day/week/month/year.

last go of it was maybe 3 months ago. i got to 2 weeks and then i received some devastating news and it went out the window. i've also noticed i get reallllllly anxious the first week when i'm trying to quit. makes it even more difficult. that e-cigarette thing has really picked up in popularity around me. there's different flavors now or something? maybe i'll give that a shot.

yeah. i had some shit news and events that caused me to relapse...but it never let up so i had to stop using that as an excuse.

each time i would quit my friends wouldnt be supportive so i stayed away from them until i was ready.

the patch makes for WICKED dreams, and it times the nicotine it pumps into you...and it was a godsend.

also, i have anxiety problems...extreme ones, and so i took xanax too. solved that problem too.

weird thing is i didnt quit for health reasons. i quit because im cheap.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic