I guess when my boss is off, we can just do what the fuck we want. I am the only queued in, and taking calls. Have been for a while. 2 people decided to take 20 mins breaks 5 mins after they got here. We are only allowed 15 min breaks, at scheduled times. I'm getting really close to walking out. It is beyond frustrating being the only one who does work.

Edit: I have to deal with French speaker callers a lot, and we have translators in a different department. They just told me they are too busy and hung up on me. The lady speaks no English.

I guess when my boss is off, we can just do what the fuck we want. I am the only queued in, and taking calls. Have been for a while. 2 people decided to take 20 mins breaks 5 mins after they got here. We are only allowed 15 min breaks, at scheduled times. I'm getting really close to walking out. It is beyond frustrating being the only one who does work.

Edit: I have to deal with French speaker callers a lot, and we have translators in a different department. They just told me they are too busy and hung up on me. The lady speaks no English.

I know this feeling well and it is the fucking worst. 

Just had a phone interview with a major corporation. They asked me a bunch of corporate questions I know nothing about, cause I'm not a damn HR head, CEO, CFO, partner, etc. Meh. Turned out the job pays a lot more than I thought, but it's honestly not what I want. I really want to find a job at a small or med. business. Something local, something family owned. I guess the interview went well, but I'm not all about those 3 part interviews for "career corporate" jobs. Just not my thing.

Yeah, I want out of the corporate world. Small or medium business would be awesome. Pay is not everything, to me anyway. Good luck in the search. I've still sorta been looking out there, but not that much since I set my plans for the move in the fall.

Yeah, I want out of the corporate world. Small or medium business would be awesome. Pay is not everything, to me anyway. Good luck in the search. I've still sorta been looking out there, but not that much since I set my plans for the move in the fall.

Definitely agree with that. I don't want to be stressing over my job, but not stressing over living expenses either. The small / med. business usually have that happy medium for me.

I've been applying all week and have gotten 3 call backs. Unfortunately I'm kind of limited to anything in biking distance. I had to pass up an offer the other day cause it was an hour commute via public transportation. Oh well. I'm optimistic I'll find something within the month though. Applying every day, I'm sure I'll find something soon.

Definitely agree with that. I don't want to be stressing over my job, but not stressing over living expenses either. The small / med. business usually have that happy medium for me.

I've been applying all week and have gotten 3 call backs. Unfortunately I'm kind of limited to anything in biking distance. I had to pass up an offer the other day cause it was an hour commute via public transportation. Oh well. I'm optimistic I'll find something within the month though. Applying every day, I'm sure I'll find something soon.

Same here except I'm fine with the commute, its just that some start earlier than the bus can make it there.

Whew!

Haha

Morning everyone! Any idea where I can get some slim fitting khaki's? I need some for the second job tomorrow and I haven't bought khakis in years!

I wear Dockers all the time for work. Not sure how slim they go, but the ones I wear are comfortable and I like them. I get mine at Kohl's.

Nice, I think one of the reasons I wanted the Metric EP tape turned out to be crap because the limited supplies of signed must have ran out. You would think they would have a different purchase set up for signed and not signed with a different price. Unless it was sealed after signing which I doubt and I don't feel like opening it. Lame!

Lame. At least I get a download of the new album and a silly tape. I can't figure out why the tape thing isn't exciting to me. I grew up with tapes. Always had to have a case of them with me and when I little I learned to tape from radio. Almost no interest in the tape revival. Then again in the 90s I was desperate to get things on CD when I could.

Tape was sealed after signing. Oops! :)

I just can't justify adding an extra 2 hours to each day for commuting. I can't do it. 10 hours a week just to get to and from work. Can't do it.

I'm with you on that. My commute now is 30 mins, because of traffic (6 mile drive) and I hate wasting an hour a day driving. I want a job within 10-15 minutes walking distance, but it's not possible here though. Hopefully once I'm out in Portland it might be a wee bit more realistic.

I'm with you on that. My commute now is 30 mins, because of traffic (6 mile drive) and I hate wasting an hour a day driving. I want a job within 10-15 minutes walking distance, but it's not possible here though. Hopefully once I'm out in Portland it might be a wee bit more realistic.

Im fine with long bus rides because I either listen to my iPod or nod off. Handheld gaming helps too. Just sucks that jobs have to start so early, for what?

this must be 'mess with the boards' day?

I'm wondering who started the 'investment' disaster.   I command (+ commend) thee to come into the light.

Vinyl, a better investment than gold™

I've only had one job where I didn't have at least a 30 minute commute to get there. Most of my jobs have been closer to 45 minutes away.

We looked at a nice but boring apartment today that's walking distance from my girlfriend's job and a 10 minute drive from mine. It's super affordable.

But we also looked at a fucking gorgeous apartment that's 30+ minutes away and way more expensive. But it's god damn gorgeous :(

Well, I got the second interview. So this is where I will find out what they are all about. Things like exactly what my responsibilities would be, the layout of the company, the environment, the size of the company, etc. It'll be interesting to interview them though. I'll ask the why the job is open, and what are their expectations of me, etc.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic