Also, speaking of the heat, we're finally out of it for now, but we had a crazy heat wave late last month. It was at least 97°F (36°C) every day for two weeks, then it jumped back down into the upper 80s, which is where we normally are this time of year.

Nowhere close to Arizona summers, but still pretty hot.

I'm not far from you now, and I grew up in Marietta, and am not enjoying this heat we are sharing. At least the past few days have been stormy here and it's just been hella humid but not skin blistering anymore. I want to move out of this climate so badly, but am not sure I can stand heavy cold or rainy weather all the time so am not sure where I would fit well..anyone??

Long time no see, my friends. 

I don't know who anyone is with these name changes. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I miss the community a whole lot but things got really crazy. I should hopefully have my laptop by next month and then maybe I'll be active again. 

Good news, I quit Target and got a new job back in the mall. Was offered a promotion before my first day but won't start training for it until a week in since our store manager is on vacation. 

I don't know who anyone is with these name changes. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I miss the community a whole lot but things got really crazy. I should hopefully have my laptop by next month and then maybe I'll be active again.

Good news, I quit Target and got a new job back in the mall. Was offered a promotion before my first day but won't start training for it until a week in since our store manager is on vacation.

Hey Logan... congrats on the new job

Hey Logan... congrats on the new job

Thank you! It's still not a BIG girl job, but it's better than any job I've had. Target really messed me up mentally, so I'm just excited to be on a better track. Everyone warned me about Target, I understand now. Hahaha. 

Hope everything is well with you!

Congrats on the new job!

I hope this isn't poor etiquette but I'm gonna post and respond to a quote from the pure noise thread so as not to further derail that thread.

To address the last sentence first, sexual assault is a gender issue. Men can be sexually assaulted, obviouely, but it is not a part of our lives. It's not something a man has to worry about daily.

There's a reason I nitpick little things like this, regardless of intent. I get your intent and am not faulting you personally. It's just that little things like this contribute to an overall state of misogyny in our society. It's the little things that you don't think twice about that perpetuate misogyny. It's ingrained. Cultural/Systematic sexism (and racism) are the problem. Sexism on an individual level are not the problem. One racist or sexist person who actively hates women/people of color/gay people is an asshole, but more a symptom of the problem than the problem.

I'm listening to what you're saying and I agree, but you seemed again to pick out just one small part of the entirety of what I said.

It's not that I'm trying to contextualize a woman in relation to a man, but a person to another person. The person I'm talking to just happens to be male and the person about whom we were talking just happens to be female.

I'm going to drop it after saying that because I'm not sure why this came over to small talk in the first place, but I hope you can see what I'm saying in its entirety, not based solely on gender "hot words"

Logan! It has been a while!

Ugh. damn new meds, I feel like I'm having a panic attack again. 3 hours left of work too :(.

Edit: At least that one did not last long. Feeling better now.

Yesssssss. This is amazing news !!!! I am so glad for you !!

Had lunch at Moe's today...it was a million times better than Chipotle.

Discuss.

;)

Moe's? I honestly like Qdoba better than Chipotle. The shredded pork at Qdoba is my favorite. The flavor of the Chipolte steak I usually get is great, but the meat they use is so shit I always end up with a ton of meat that is too tough to eat.

Thank you! It's still not a BIG girl job, but it's better than any job I've had. Target really messed me up mentally, so I'm just excited to be on a better track. Everyone warned me about Target, I understand now. Hahaha. 

Hope everything is well with you!

What's wrong with Target? I've heard that Walmart is a bunch of pricks, but I've never heard anything bad about Target. That being said, I've never really known anyone who worked at Target. Same issues?

Yes! Not being here much either, I still picked up on that place not treating you so well. Congrats, Princess.

I got a new job too, different position at my last company. I lasted at a start-up for all of a month. 

Also, YO DUDES. 

Today starts my ten days off in a row. Colorado on Sunday.

Sup, mountains?

Yes! Not being here much either, I still picked up on that place not treating you so well. Congrats, Princess.

I got a new job too, different position at my last company. I lasted at a start-up for all of a month.

Also, YO DUDES.

Today starts my ten days off in a row. Colorado on Sunday.

Sup, mountains?

Ahhhhhhh nice nice nice !!! I really want to visit Colorado in September. I've never been !

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic