I've only seen a few episodes but I'm told I need to watch the movie first so I need to do that

omg yes you need to watch the movie! omg how

We only have the last episode left. I think it's been pretty funny so far.

i loved it haha. i thought it was really funny. prob gonna watch it again really soon.

i just love that cast so much. 

Any specific books you'd recommend? I might head to the library in a couple days and see what they have available on the subject.

You want something that is going to give you decent theory base, so when you do start on the practice side you'll have a little more focus from that primer. Ideally, you can avoid a lot of rookie mistakes and kind of hop up a few levels. Looking at the Salt Lake City public library system I might suggest these:

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=2

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=29

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=17

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=11

Not all of them obviously, pick your favorite when you are there. I've never read any of them, I got my theory stuff in the classroom so I don't have a strong recommendation. Anything that covers the basics would be great. 

In the past month we decided to buy a house, then we listened to a ton of finance podcasts that totally changed our mind, and now we've decided to live off of one income, save the rest, and keep renting indefinitely. The positive is we will be moving to a bigger rental house within the next year hopefully. I can't handle all this real life stuff! Stresses me out.

In the past month we decided to buy a house, then we listened to a ton of finance podcasts that totally changed our mind, and now we've decided to live off of one income, save the rest, and keep renting indefinitely. The positive is we will be moving to a bigger rental house within the next year hopefully. I can't handle all this real life stuff! Stresses me out.

For reals I know the feeling. We've had our house for 3 years now, and we're getting all new windows in our house this month. Getting it financed, and trying not to get screwed over has been a huge headache. Makes me hate being an adult. 

For reals I know the feeling. We've had our house for 3 years now, and we're getting all new windows in our house this month. Getting it financed, and trying not to get screwed over has been a huge headache. Makes me hate being an adult.

Exactly, it just doesn't make sense for us right now. Which is hard for me to say because I had my heart set on buying a home and making it my own. We're only paying 800/mo for our house right now, which is a great deal for Columbus. What's the best outcome for us if we buy a house? We'd be paying 1300/mo, and have to do our own matinence, landscaping, fix broken stuff. I mean shit, this year alone our landlord had to replace 2 AC units, that's 10k right there. At least for right now I'm pretty content renting, being able to pick up and move rather quickly, and have someone else pay for/fix our broken stuff and mow the lawn!

Exactly, it just doesn't make sense for us right now. Which is hard for me to say because I had my heart set on buying a home and making it my own. We're only paying 800/mo for our house right now, which is a great deal for Columbus. What's the best outcome for us if we buy a house? We'd be paying 1300/mo, and have to do our own matinence, landscaping, fix broken stuff. I mean shit, this year alone our landlord had to replace 2 AC units, that's 10k right there. At least for right now I'm pretty content renting, being able to pick up and move rather quickly, and have someone else pay for/fix our broken stuff and mow the lawn!

You're making me cry with these prices. Oh SF. I won't be able to afford you forever.

I pay a lot less per month in mortgage, than I would for renting a house up here.

Lol awee. Honey. Portland is cheap comparitively. I luckily have a good deal. But I also share a room like I'm 5.

EDIT: I hope you know I'm playing with you. But really, what's the average there?

For a house you're really lucky to pay under $250,000 for just about anything. We get a good deal on our rent and only pay about $1100/mo for ~1000sq ft

Dang! I wouldn't be able to afford a house either. My city has really affordable housing I guess. It a small 3 bed 2 bath house about 1500 sq ft for $830 a month. It's pretty much what people pay to rent so it was an easy decision for us. When we first got the house I was in heaven. Painting and decorating everything. Then we got some new appliances, re-did the floors and now the windows. The maintenance is the worst part because $$. Plus I manage all of our funds and like to spend money on lots of shit that I don't need. So looking at all the bills and making sure everything is paid, saved, budgeted correctly makes me feel nauseous sometimes. Adulting is hard work. 

Love living in Wisconsin.  Now granted I don't want or need anything fancy in a house, but I got a 1100 sq ft ranch and it was less tha $90,000.  It's no mansion, but it's a good solid home, with a bunch of the major things recently taken care of.  Furnace, Roof, Windows.

I couldn't imagine living in a bigger city with the crazy prices people talk about.

So looking at all the bills and making sure everything is paid, saved, budgeted correctly makes me feel nauseous sometimes. Adulting is hard work. 

Yeah this is kicking my ass a little bit.  Those unexpected bills can lay havoc to your plans.  I was doing so good for a while then stuff pops up and my reserve money goes bye bye.

Eh, to quote Tim Barry "money is a thing of the past, spend it once and it don't come back"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic