Smalltalkers!

I am flying to Orlando tomorrow morning.. I land at 11am and can't check in at my hotel until 4pm. I am seeing the Get Up Kids in downtown Disney (HOB) at 7ish.. what can I do to enjoy the day that does not include spending $100+ on a theme park (since I don't want to be the creepy guy with tattoos wandering around Disney alone)

Also, Monday night I am seeing them in Tampa... so anything to do in Tampa during the day? Or more to do in Orlando/Kissimmee before I drive to Tampa?

Such a good week/end.  Seeing Tim Barry and Austin Lucas a ton.  Pretty sure they think I'm a stalker, but I don't care.  Saw Tim Barry 3 times plus an impromptu set he played on a street busking for a few train kids on their way through town.  He's such a fucking nice man.  So far I've seen Austin Lucas 6 times (out of 6 performances) and will probably make it a solid 7 for 7.  I wasn't going to hit up the last one up because I wanted to see Mutts but he offered to let me pick his set list. 

Charlie Parr has a few sets today and tomorrow and I'll try and hit 2 of them.  Talked with him a bit today and he always has an amazing story.  Me Like Bees, Pop Goes the Evil, The Kickback, T. Morris Hardy, Ggoolldd are all super great and y'all should check them out.  Bunch of other great acts Christopher Gold is a local guy who is fabulous.  Suitcase Junket and Firekid are two of the biggest hits of Mile of Music they are just blowing everyone away.  Frank Fairfield blew me away old timey music but hes just friggin fantastic.

Time for me to head back out. Just came home for a few minutes to prepare for tonight and to refresh a bit.  this is the first time in the past 3 days I've taken a break.  I've been putting in 14 hour days listening to music and holy crap if I'm not exhausted by the time I get home.

I love people on craigslist. I list my old receiver for $80, it is 4 months old and retails for $180. "Will you take $15 for it?".

Edit. My fucking house reeks of skunk. Why do skunks live in the city? My neighbors shitty dogs probably spooked one.

Taylor Swift Related link

This is cool. I can't imagine ever trying to set up all those pieces !!!

Man, watching that makes me want to spend hours watching similar YouTube videos. Seriously, the people of this world who have the most time on their hands often end up being the most interesting when their creativity is let loose.

I've recently spent upwards of $1200 on fast food and vinyl in the last month.

Holy. Fuck.

I really need to get my own apartment again, so I can start cooking my own meals.  This "fast food for every meal" diet is killing my wallet, but somehow my waistline is staying the same.

I've been there. Fast food is supposed to be cheap, but it really isn't at all.

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't fall asleep, and once I woke up I was up.

I've been there. Fast food is supposed to be cheap, but it really isn't at all.

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep. I couldn't fall asleep, and once I woke up I was up.

Let caffeine be your guiding light.  Also, don't drive in this state.  I've fallen asleep behind the wheel far too many times due to graveyard shift schedule.  It's been nearly the death of me twice.

On a tangential note, who the fuck drinks decaf coffee?

WOOOOOHOOOO!  I got my schedule change approved, so I won't have to slog through this graveyard zombie shift once the next semester rolls around.  It was either work day/PM shift or put in my two weeks.

This makes me happy and excited for the rest that I will finally be able to achieve.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic