Nowhere else to post this, but I had one of the best music listening days of my life today. I have two big papers to crank out this week so I put on the following, in order, over a ten-hour period:

La Dispute - Rooms of the House

Touche Amore - PTSBBAM

My Epic - Behold

My Epic - Yet

Hrvrd - From the Bird's Cage

Copeland - Ixora

Lydia - Paint it Golden

Foxing - the Albatross

mewithoutYou - Catch for Us the Foxes

mewithoutYou - Brother, Sister

As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep

Can I get some recs? Looking for more stuff in the vein of Lydia, Hrvrd, and My Epic. Honestly my goal was/is to check off a bunch of the indie rock classics so I'll take anything in that vein. Haven't listened to Science Fiction yet so I've got that, TREOS, and Manchester Orchestra queued up for tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, Thomas³ said:

We got old.

I may not be old but I’ve got old people problems...I was recently hospitalized with two bulging discs, a pinched nerve, and severe erosive tissue damage/scarring to my joints and bones in the hip area from what the doctors are suspecting may be long-undiagnosed psoriatic arthritis. I’m gonna have to get surgery for it sometime soon (or at least I’m awaiting an ortho surgical consult). Irony of it is, I rent a room with two old ladies and I’m the one with the back problems.

My only fear is that I’m not gonna get approved for HRT if the doctors think it’s too much of a risk to my bone density with an existing condition.

15 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I may not be old but I’ve got old people problems...I was recently hospitalized with two bulging discs, a pinched nerve, and severe erosive tissue damage/scarring to my joints and bones in the hip area from what the doctors are suspecting may be long-undiagnosed psoriatic arthritis. I’m gonna have to get surgery for it sometime soon (or at least I’m awaiting an ortho surgical consult). Irony of it is, I rent a room with two old ladies and I’m the one with the back problems.

My only fear is that I’m not gonna get approved for HRT if the doctors think it’s too much of a risk to my bone density with an existing condition.

I hope things get better for you. That sounds like a lot of crap to deal with. Arthritis is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss you all, I remember the good old days when I wasn't working and going through some serious shit and you all helped with the loneliness and we were churning out pages everyday. I hope you are all hanging in there, I'm still slinging records in KC, Just chilling with the cat and spinning records most days throughout this madness 

Things have been going really well for me lately and with my last few years' track record, that's kinda unprecedented. I think transitioning has been massively positive for my mental health and had a sort of cascading influence on other facets of my life. I saved four months of rent when covid cut my lease short and the semester went online (moved back in with my dad until next semester), and my new landlord said she won't start charging me for rent/deposit unless my university confirms they're going to be open in the fall. With the money I saved, I finally decided to upgrade my TT and cart after five goddamn years. Those should be arriving next week, and I'm incredibly excited.

Hope everyone else can report similar prosperity!

• 1 month later...
  • Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic