The Format's Dog Problems to be repressed in 2013

Sam said "Mm.. Maybe" when I asked him about Interventions on vinyl via FormSpring, and this is after he said "something else is brewing in the vinyl department" after originally denying a Dog Problems repress. Last night he also replied to me on Twitter saying he "Just might" press B-sides, at least another re-release on CD, since those are going for a ton, too.

Without starting a riot....

I'm kind of sad this is coming out... From what I can remember, speaking with various members involved in the Format group, they were holding this vinyl re-issue, along with many other things (such as an official release for the song "Swans") for when the Format reunited....

Seeing this just means that they aren't getting back together for a long time... I highly doubt Nate will stop with fun. given all the success recently.

Thanks for bringing me down.

Really, though, I couldn't see Nate ending fun. any time soon, but maybe he could have balanced that with Steel Train like Jack does.

Jack doesn't really anymore. Steel Train have no plans except for the two shows they're doing in January. They don't know when they'll be back. It really breaks my heart, but I guess I expected it when fun. blew up.

Yeah I've known they've been dormant as of late, but I figured that was just a product of fun's album cycle and being busy this year. Wouldn't surprise me if they just faded away, either, even though I'm real fond of the s/t and especially Trampoline. I thought they got a lot better when Jack finally stopped noodling around on the guitar so much.

Jack doesn't really anymore. Steel Train have no plans except for the two shows they're doing in January. They don't know when they'll be back. It really breaks my heart, but I guess I expected it when fun. blew up.

Yeah, I wish he still paid as much attention to Steel Train as he used to, Trampoline and their self-titled are two of my favorite discs ever. Speaking of, they really should press Trampoline, I would buy a million copies.

Pumped anyway for this to be repressed. Luckily I got in on Dog Problems while it was still relatively cheap--maybe this will perpetuate other The Format pressings like others have mentioned.

I know Jack and the rest of the guys wanted to get Trampoline pressed, but Drive-Thru has the rights to it. They want to get everything they've done pressed. I'm sure Jack has made enough now that maybe he could get the rights to it and then get it pressed on Terrible Thrills. Fingers are crossed for this hopefully happening at sometime in the future.

• 1 month later...