Klipsch KG-4's - opinions?

I picked up a pair for $130 on Craigslist today, listening to them right now.  Have them hooked up to a Sansui 5500, playing a Marantz 6100 (Shure 97xE cartridge).  Turning The Sword - Apocryphon; I'm pretty happy.

They don't have the punch that some of my other speakers have in the low end, but the separation is nice.  I'm not an audiophile by any means, half the time I can't tell the difference between a set of $40 speakers and a set of $1000 speakers, but I do like the clarity of these.

Tell me what you think.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Klipsch ... but that's because I don't like horns.  Too bright for my tastes ... which also kinda explains why I've always gravitated toward the laid-back New England speaker sound.

Having said that, there are TONS of Klipsch supporters who would beg to disagree with me.  The KG4s are well-respected and if the ones you picked up are in decent condition, $130 sounds like a deal and a half.  The passive woofer in the back is kinda cool too.

If you feel like they're lacking on the low end, try messing around with their placement in the room.  I think that people forget how positioning, room acoustics, etc etc can affect the sound of your system.  And I don't know if this is the case with the KG4's, but some speakers benefit from being on stands.  I have a pair of ADS L810s that sound a little boomy on the floor, but it's an entirely different story when I get them about a foot off the ground.

Basically, do your research and see what other Klipsch KG4 owners suggest.  There are plenty out there.  And at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks; it matters if you're happy with them.

Thanks for the opinion!  I'm gonna play with them and see what difference it makes getting them up off the floor.  I've tested them against my BIC Venturi Formula 4s and my RTR 1530s and both of those have much deeper low ends, so I'm thinking of running them together and seeing what that does to my ears.  I've got the space, I jut need to figure out if I need that many speakers at once!