Local H - As Good As Dead on 2xLP

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Local H's As Good As Dead?

• Yes, even if it was pressed on cardboard.
    • Yes, only if it's on translucent red a la the CD tray.
    • Yes, only if the band writes an apology to Eddie Vedder because I like Pearl Jam.
    • Yes, only if it's pressed on a huge quarter.
    • No, I only love Pack Up the Cats, make that first.
    • Who is Local H and do they sell heroin locally?

JK, but don't you wish this was on LP? Never been pressed.

How many people want this? Started this thread to quit threadjacking the Frogstomp thread.

Wish Fulfilled:

Local H will dig into their back catalog and release their breakthrough album As Good As Dead on 180 gram vinyl on April 15th via srcvinyl. This re-issue marks the first time that the album will ever be available in this format. The high-quality, double LP will have a premium gatefold jacket and insert. Additionally, the record will come with a digital download code that will allow access to bonus material from that era. As Good As Dead, Local H’s second full-length album, was produced by Steven Haigler (Quicksand, Pixies) and was originally released on April, 16, 1996 on Island Records on CD and cassette. The record was the band’s first foray into making a concept album and is centered around life in a dead-end, small town. The album spawned four modern rock radio hits including “Eddie Vedder,” “Fritz’s Corner,” “High-Fivin’ MF” and “that copacetic song” -- “Bound for the Floor,” a track that remains a staple on alternative radio station playlists around the the country two decades later.

“The question I get asked the absolute most is when are we gonna put the older records out on vinyl?” says Scott Lucas. “Here's the answer -- in the best possible way. The package is looking pretty good and I'm ALMOST as excited as anybody to finally drop the needle on this album -- on double vinyl, at last.

To Pre-Order As Good As Dead double vinyl Go HERE

I've probably seen Local H live 50+ times and have met Scott a bunch.  I'll bring it up next time I see him because I know he has fully embraced his stuff bring pressed on vinyl the last couple of years and the latest Local H album is available on vinyl.  He also has a great side project called Scott Lucas and the Married Men and all 3 of their releases are pressed.

I don't know the actual process, but I bet Island still has the rights to As Good As Dead and Pack Up The Cats.

And yeah, the Eddie Vedder line is just a joke.  When he plays it live he used to change it to "If I was Eddie Money, would you think my jokes were funny?"

^^calm down man, as annoying as this is it's not going to be the last of these kinds of threads.

This type of thread pops up every other day, if people wan't it done, do it yourself, it's really not that hard. Also I wouldn't give a shit except this dude has been begging for Finch - SHTTS for a while now, when if he just did it himself it would be out by now

This type of thread pops up every other day, if people wan't it done, do it yourself, it's really not that hard. Also I wouldn't give a shit except this dude has been begging for Finch - SHTTS for a while now, when if he just did it himself it would be out by now

Fair enough. Are you reading This OP? Get on it!

degenerex is right. It would take a substantial chunk of change to get those pressed because of Island. Same with Smoking Popes trying to reissue Destination Failure, something I also think should be pressed.

How much does it really cost to get the rights to do this from a major label?  Thousands, tens of thousands, more?  I want label involvement because they would have an actual copy of the master tape / files. 

Pardon all the begging for Finch's SHTS, that album is loudness-war-ed to crap on CD.  Same goes for Glassjaw's Coloring Book, and they made the CD!

How much does it really cost to get the rights to do this from a major label?  Thousands, tens of thousands, more?  I want label involvement because they would have an actual copy of the master tape / files. 

Pardon all the begging for Finch's SHTS, that album is loudness-war-ed to crap on CD.  Same goes for Glassjaw's Coloring Book, and they made the CD!

I can only base what I say off of friends who've had records repressed. It all comes down to the label and if the label isn't too cooperative, how much of your own money you feel like losing on a release. I can't speak on behalf of Island or anyone, so the best person to ask that question would be a contact with them.

And as further help because I'm bored as shit at work. Here's the copyright info

Type of Work:      MusicRegistration Number / Date:                   PA0000832874 / 1997-03-18 Title:             Back in the day.Appears in:        As good as dead. Island 314-524 202-2, c1996.  Compact discPublisher Number:  Island 314-524 202-2Performer:         Performed by Local H.Copyright Claimant:                   Polygram Int. Publ., Inc., The H That Was LocalDate of Creation:  1996Date of Publication:                   1996-04-16 Authorship on Application:                   words & music: Joseph William Daniels, David Scott Lucas.Names:             Daniels, Joseph William                   Lucas, David Scott                   Local H.                   Polygram Int. Publ., Inc.                   H That Was Local================================================================================

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

so my dreams are coming true. hope this one will be the next dream come true.

Failure Magnified - happened

Finch Say Hello to Sunshine - happening (w/ Gak 2!!!)

Chevelle Wonder What's Next - happening (w/ 'high visibility'... omg WIN.  unavailable on CD!)

Cake Prolonging the Magic - happened

RBF Turn the Radio off - happening

SRC, I love you guys btw.