Snap, Crackle, Pop! Help me fix my static issue!

Yeah there are so many things that could be off. I'm so backed up on my listening right now it's crazy. It's painful every time I get a new record in the mail or pick something up at the shop knowing I can't listen to it right now. At least when everything gets resolved I'll have a ton of new records to listen to haha. 

Well fair enough, sorry if I'm afraid of dropping $399+ on something that might have issues. I don't have an extremely disposable income to buy things like this willy nilly. I know you guys probably don't either, but it's a fear of mine. 

Companies have  guarantees/warranties on their products for a reason. The unit could come out of the factory 100% perfect. And then shipped to a distributor 100% perfect. And then when its shipped to you, some hourly paid stoner in a warehouse could drop it before it gets shipped to you. Things happen, but don't let it discourage you from purchasing.

My BFF ordered a 65" Panasonic Viera TV. The day it was being delivered he took the day off. Deliverer showed up. Brought the box into his house, plugged in TV, didn't work. Tried different plug. Didn't work. Tried 3rd plug. Didn't work. Returned it instantly. New TV arrived 2 days later, again he took the day off. Took TV out of the box only to see it had been dropped. Glass smashed. Instantly returned.

He also had a Avid DIVA II turntable arrive damaged. That's a $3,400 turntable.

Companies have guarantees/warranties on their products for a reason. The unit could come out of the factory 100% perfect. And then shipped to a distributor 100% perfect. And then when its shipped to you, some hourly paid stoner in a warehouse could drop it before it gets shipped to you. Things happen, but don't let it discourage you from purchasing.

My BFF ordered a 65" Panasonic Viera TV. The day it was being delivered he took the day off. Deliverer showed up. Brought the box into his house, plugged in TV, didn't work. Tried different plug. Didn't work. Tried 3rd plug. Didn't work. Returned it instantly. New TV arrived 2 days later, again he took the day off. Took TV out of the box only to see it had been dropped. Glass smashed. Instantly returned.

He also had a Avid DIVA II turntable arrive damaged. That's a $3,400 turntable.

Just go on something like amazon.com and read customer reviews on any electronics sold,there's always somebody who bought an item that wasnt working properly and as a result the item is given 1 or 2 stars, then you look at the rest of the reviews and everything is 4-5 stars across the board. Should that single 1-2 star review deter you from buying that item? Of course not if its a quality product, which the Carbon certainly is. Shit happens, just got a deal with it when your luck runs out.

I forget where i bought my Project Debut III (Just before i found out the carbon was coming out...), but i thought the spindle/platter was bent/off center (Was fixed by resetting and realizing it was 3 records that i listen to alot that where kind of oval).  But i called the store and he was more than helpful and contacted pro-ject for me, they were more than happy to help, but i fixed it myself. 

anyway, the point,

The person at that store helping me said he stoped carrying pro-ject projects because he got so many calls about isses, with turntables, speed boxs, and pre amps.  He did say they are one of the most popular, but gave them a discredit by saying the quality control was not good enough.  He also said they were always great at replacing anything and helping.  But he stopped selling there lines because of the headaches.. 

I love my table, and have not had any problems myself.  This did make me think a little though...

THis was a very hi end store (AS far as what they sell) so the project line was at the bottum off there list.

• 2 months later...

Don't know about this one, but I'm guessing it does its job: http://www.needledoctor.com/LKG-104-Anti-static-mat?sc=2&category=420

This one is a little pricier, but works very well: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-92935-pro-ject-cork-it-platter-mat.aspx

10 dollar shipping for that second one, ugh. that sucks.

for the first one, a bunch of the reviews said that it still sticks. that's the biggest thing i want to avoid.