The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Last year they had a special Ghibli version there.

Did it ever go on the site or was it SDCC exclusive?

Seem to be in the same boat as many of ordered two version A's and have no shipping update. Trying to give this as a gift...

Ordering 2 copies takes longer from Mondo than 1. Don't really understand it as you'd think those who spent more would be first priority.

Ordering 2 copies takes longer from Mondo than 1. Don't really understand it as you'd think those who spent more would be first priority.

Mo said they consciously try and make it so people that order two get at least one variant, that is probably the reason and I'm sure anyone complaining would actually want it that way.

Mo said they consciously try and make it so people that order two get at least one variant, that is probably the reason and I'm sure anyone complaining would actually want it that way.

That's pretty awesome actually.... I had no idea they did that & respect them even more now. I've only ordered 3 doubles from Mondo & scored 3 variants (The Omen wasn't meant to be :)) +1 for Mo & Mondo

There were two others, they're all different colors and have different parts in Japanese or English. The SDCC one had Japanese on the jacket and an English OBI strip.

Nice. Sorry for the nooby noob questions (promise this is the last one) but which movie cover was used for the SDCC version? 

Maybe they thought you were a flipper ordering that many...

Seems unlikely given that this would be the first time they've ever done anything to combat flipping. Mondo as a company seems to rely pretty heavily on flippers to get those quick sellouts/hype.

That being said, this would be a huge bummer if it were true. I definitely ordered multiple copies as future gifts for all my close friends seeing as how this movie pretty much blew our minds when it came out. Was really hoping I'd have some variants to give away...

FWIW, I picked up my copy at the mondo gallery, and they had one big box of them, they said they were randomly mixed and I watched him pick me one out of the middle. Got a black, but it totally seems legit that it is a random mix. Anyway, black or variant, it's a great soundtrack and a cool package. I totally get your frustration, but I don't believe it's mondo, I think you probably were just really unlucky.

Aside to sell these faster is there a reason they do the "random inserts" it just seems so cruel lo

Yes, they sell more records when people get stuck with multiple black copies in an attempt to get a variant.

I hate that they do it from a "you should be allowed to buy what you want" perspective.

I don't think it's cruel though because Mondo never told anyone they had to collect every single variant vinyl they release. It's their game, if you want to play it, understand there are gonna be times where you lose. Don't like it? Don't play. Simple as that.