The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Saw the Monster Squad record for sale on eBay by Yellow Dog Disc, so I checked them out since they said they had a store. Found their Facebook and saw they had posted it for $19.95. Sadly the eBay page was selling it for $49.99. Made a comment, which they deleted. Saw they dropped the price to $39.99, made another comment. So they deleted that one too.

Shame even stores flip brand new records. 

48 minutes ago, hookups96 said:

Saw the Monster Squad record for sale on eBay by Yellow Dog Disc, so I checked them out since they said they had a store. Found their Facebook and saw they had posted it for $19.95. Sadly the eBay page was selling it for $49.99. Made a comment, which they deleted. Saw they dropped the price to $39.99, made another comment. So they deleted that one too.

That's pathetic! Was it for the Jason Edmiston Frakenstein Variant? I saw 2 copies just recently sold on Ebay for $39.99.

2 hours ago, hookups96 said:

I posted about it above. They originally had it at $59.99.

14 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Is it me or has Mondo still been coy about the Twin Peaks release? We had those teases but nothing solid as now. Weren't we supposed to have a solid release date announced in a newsletter like a couple weeks ago?

Not sure where it was posted but I feel like I remember them saying a while ago that it would be released in August.

3 hours ago, Vector53 said:

Is it me or has Mondo still been coy about the Twin Peaks release? We had those teases but nothing solid as now. Weren't we supposed to have a solid release date announced in a newsletter like a couple weeks ago?

2 hours ago, Plumhead89 said:

Not sure where it was posted but I feel like I remember them saying a while ago that it would be released in August.

Death Waltz secured the rights to TP and FWWM pre-merger and they are still coming out on the DWRC imprint/label post-merger. DWRC has said TP is coming in August many times in the past two months or so, but no firm release, and said that FWWM will be coming "later this year" a couple of times as well. No other reliable info regarding release dates is out there at this time.

So maybe a fell asleep during the movies but can anyone explain the sides of Aliens and Prometheus to me? Aliens goes Drone, Warrior, Praetorian,  and Queen, and Prometheus goes G, C, A, and T. I like that it's different but it is a little confusing (maybe I'm an idiot, we'll see).

Drone and Queen make sense but the rest don't seem to make much sense me to me.

Edited by clerk3745
added something

http://mondotees.com/blogs/news/126762243-celebrating-david-cronenberg-howard-shore-with-a-trio-of-records

In collaboration with Howe Records, we're excited to announce three incredible Howard Shore scores from classic David Cronenberg films Naked Lunch, Dead Ringers and Crash. This continuation of our Cronenberg series, which began with a soundtrack for Scanners and The Brood, features beautiful and haunting design work and marks the first time all three titles will be available on vinyl.

Not my cup of tea, but pretty cool album artwork.

I don't know about you guys, but don't you all feel like Mondo has taken less money from everyone here these days? Feels like I used to spring for everything they had. Don't think I've bought a product since Turbo Kid. Besides Twin Peaks, (maybe Alien if it's out there still) there's nothing that grabs at me like they used to.

I don't know about you guys, but don't you all feel like Mondo has taken less money from everyone here these days? Feels like I used to spring for everything they had. Don't think I've bought a product since Turbo Kid. Besides Twin Peaks, (maybe Alien if it's out there still) there's nothing that grabs at me like they used to.

4 hours ago, Vector53 said:

I have to agree that a lot of the product lately doesn't excite me too much, i'd rather they release less records but of better quality like they used to.