The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Featuring new liner notes, an interview with Clint Mansell, and artwork by Nicole Gustafsson, “The Fountain” will be pressed on 180 gram vinyl, and available to MondoCon attendees in a limited special edition of 500 copies. The soundtrack will also be available in a general release edition starting in November.

Sauce

Gonna need that limited.

Edit: Is anyone here going to MondoCon? If so, can you grab me one.

Edit2: James already beat me to it.

Edited by Kurazz

7 minutes ago, Kurazz said:

Featuring new liner notes, an interview with Clint Mansell, and artwork by Nicole Gustafsson, “The Fountain” will be pressed on 180 gram vinyl, and available to MondoCon attendees in a limited special edition of 500 copies. The soundtrack will also be available in a general release edition starting in November.

Sauce

Gonna need that limited.

Edit: Is anyone here going to MondoCon? If so, can you grab me one.

No one here cares about that album, and we definitely haven't been talking about it for the last few pages right up until the post right before this one

5 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Why? Hope the color way for MondoCon is sick at any rate.

Cause only people willing to pay $90+ and around Austin, TX, or people rich enough to buy it on ebay will have access to it. I don't mind limited runs if it's a small label trying to make something happen. If you make a limited edition just for Mondocon people, it's the same as having 1st and 2nd classes onto planes or trains. I know the vinyl hobby is a rich people hobby, but why can't you make only one nice colorway for everybody? :P

In case you all forgot....

MONDO
Over the Garden Wall - Original Television Soundtrack. Music by The Blasting Company. Original artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly. Contains 20 Page booklet with lyrics and sheet music. Pressed on 180 Gram Harvest Festival colored vinyl (Webstore Exclusive). Available digitally this Friday (9/23). $25

Mondo is proud to present the premiere release of the masterful soundtrack to Cartoon Network's first-ever animated mini-series, Over the Garden Wall.

Composed and performed by The Blasting Company (Brandon Armstrong, Joshua Kaufman, Justin Rubenstein), Over the Garden Wall is a one-of-a-kind experience. Created by Patrick McHale, it tells the story of two brothers named Wirt and Greggory (voiced by Elijah Wood & Collin Dean) on a mysterious Dante-esque journey home through a world known only as "The Unknown," a place filled with colorful characters and incredible musical interludes, all of which are captured on this comprehensive soundtrack release.

Produced by the composers themselves, this album features 32 tracks, a mix of song and score from the mini-series. Pressed on 180 Gram vinyl, featuring original artwork by Sam Wolf Connelly and a 20 page booklet featuring lyrics from every song - as well as sheet music, so you can play along! This release is essential for fans of the show... and that's a Rock Fact!

8 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

You'd think that they'd include a digital download with the vinyl since it's their "premiere digital release". Oh well.

It's always bothered me that that Mondo/DW/other pop culture websites are never able to offer a digital download of their releases. Perhaps it's more expensive to get the rights, but for what we are paying for, a DL link sure would be nice.

16 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

It's always bothered me that that Mondo/DW/other pop culture websites are never able to offer a digital download of their releases. Perhaps it's more expensive to get the rights, but for what we are paying for, a DL link sure would be nice.

I get it when there's no digital release at all since, yeah, digital rights are different and all that. But When Mondo clearly has the digital rights to this, not including a download seems kind of cheap.

16 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

I get it when there's no digital release at all since, yeah, digital rights are different and all that. But When Mondo clearly has the digital rights to this, not including a download seems kind of cheap.