The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

14 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

I tried for that Drive print. It sold out as soon as it went up. Theres no way it wasnt bots. 

Got mine with out a bot (as did several of my friends).  

There was just literally thousands of people trying for a poster at the same time...of course it was going to go fast.

(though yes some were got by bots, but not all)

edit.  Just realized you were reffering to the AP drop probably.  A few fans on his facebook fan page got it without bot.)

Edited by stl_ben

On 1/12/2017 at 2:12 PM, natenomm said:

Today's drop was easy peasy compared to the Drive Bloodbath last week. I'm glad I was able to snag a JP reg to replace the Stan & Vince one that got a hole in it when a framer was providing me an estimate...

How bad is the hole!? I've always like the Stan & Vince JP Print.

Got my black copy of The Fountain yesterday and listened to it last night. Side A was very quiet until I weighted it, but sounded great thereafter. Side B sounded fine without needing a weight. A few pops here and there, but overall I'm still happy to finally own this after ten years of waiting. Gonna listen again, watch the movie, and probably dust off the graphic novel tonight. 

25 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Got my black copy of The Fountain yesterday and listened to it last night. Side A was very quiet until I weighted it, but sounded great thereafter. Side B sounded fine without needing a weight. A few pops here and there, but overall I'm still happy to finally own this after ten years of waiting. Gonna listen again, watch the movie, and probably dust off the graphic novel tonight. 

They actually released the black copies?  Where can you buy them?  I thought after they pulled the color copies that the whole thing was going to be scrapped, but I guess that was an assumption.

8 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

They didn't pull copies...they sold out.

Oh interesting...I thought it got pulled because of the QC problems that were reported on almost every copy.  Is the black version better?

8 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

They didn't pull copies...they sold out.

Oh interesting...I thought it got pulled because of the QC problems that were reported on almost every copy.  Is the black version better?

18 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

From what I've read, the sound is arguably better; the gold one being riddled with problems. I had pre-ordered it on Amazon just over a month and a half ago for $35. I think it's still listed, they charge and ship when they get them in.